ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibition season

toonces11

Mar 3, 2010
Team
Kansas
Sloppy...lots of ridiculous turnovers. D Lawson coming out swinging. 31 and 15.

I tried to watch it while the wife was watching something but it was on that + channel.

Reactions: toonces11
Y
I tried to watch it while the wife was watching something but it was on that + channel.
it was <40 pt win but rather unimpressive. Stretches of dominance....stretches of uninspired sloppy play. Self played a lot of guys and it def hindered flow. Can’t take much away from it other than some awesome individual plays and plenty of talent.

Sloppy...lots of ridiculous turnovers. D Lawson coming out swinging. 31 and 15.

Bigs did not handle the double teams well. Thought the guards took care of the ball well though. There was some good ball movement at times as well. Thought the defense was pretty good especially the 1st unit.

-Dedric is so talented. Does everything well.
-Dok struggled. The double teams hurt him big time.
-Grimes struggled for the most part. Showed flashes but struggle overall.
-Vick played a smart game. Shot ok but made very few mistakes.
-Dotson was impressive. When he wasn't on the court there was noticeable difference in the execution of the team. So quick. Going to be very similar to Frank Mason.
-Garrett played all positions 1-4. He's going to be extremely valuable being able to do that. Played a great, smart game.
-KJ has a good looking jumper. Solid game from him.
-Moore had a stretch of 3 fairly quick 3s but overall he struggled. Some silly turnovers and got beat often.
-Lightfoot was Lightfoot. Has added some noticeable kuscle.
-McCormack showed some flashes. He's going to be good but unless there's an injury it's doubtful he's part of the rotation.
-Agbaji was invisible until mop up minutes at the end where he made two 3s.

Overall a solid game. Really impressed by the defense and some passing.

Kentucky started with Transylvania tonight. Cross town D3 school.

Kentucky won 94-66. But looked pretty underwhelming. 1-13 from 3. Bad defense. Transy didn’t play anyone taller than 6’6. Crushed them on the glass as we should have. Other than that it was a pretty meh performance.

We got beaten off the dribble a ton.

One positive for UK is they had 7 guys in double figures. Travis had 12 and 10. Montgomery looked solid as well.

It was far less than "meh" imo. It was hot garbage. They looked terrible in all facets.

My view at the game tonight. Cayts!

20181026-191106.jpg

It has been a while since I sat up there. It feels like the stairs are almost vertical once you get up there. It's not for the faint of heart. RollLaugh

I can’t do the bleachers anymore. Kills my body sitting there all cramped up for 2 hours. Haven’t been to a game since we lost to Wisconsin. Haven’t been to a home game since 2011 Florida.

I can’t do the bleachers anymore. Kills my body sitting there all cramped up for 2 hours. Haven’t been to a game since we lost to Wisconsin. Haven’t been to a home game since 2011 Florida.
I don't go as much as I like to anymore, since it's rare that I go I spend the cash to get good lower level seats now.

Louisville plays Bellarmine on Sunday. DII team, but good coach and preseason #2. I think we'll still win fairly good though, at least I hope so. It will be a good exhibition game to get ready for the first true game on the 8th. I think we play another exhibition on the 3rd as well.

Last edited:
Kentucky started with Transylvania tonight. Cross town D3 school.

Kentucky won 94-66. But looked pretty underwhelming. 1-13 from 3. Bad defense. Transy didn’t play anyone taller than 6’6. Crushed them on the glass as we should have. Other than that it was a pretty meh performance.

We got beaten off the dribble a ton.

One positive for UK is they had 7 guys in double figures. Travis had 12 and 10. Montgomery looked solid as well.

1-for-13 from 3. Wow!

Lol... I went to the first 2 Duke/uk champions classic games but I'm skipping this one. Had a renter move out and left the place in a sorry state, don't feel like spending the extra cash. It's a blast though, have fun.
Booooo!!! Thanks, I am looking forward to it. I am actually going with a friend that's a Duke fan. He's a dead ringer for Eddie George. Anytime we go somewhere people approach him for autographs. RollLaugh

Reactions: tw3301
Booooo!!! Thanks, I am looking forward to it. I am actually going with a friend that's a Duke fan. He's a dead ringer for Eddie George. Anytime we go somewhere people approach him for autographs. RollLaugh
I usually go with my buddy that is a UK alumn. He was in school when the Laettner shot happened. We normally get there early and pound beers, people walk up and ask why the hell are we together. As much as Kentucky fans suck on message boards their fans are pretty cool, mostly...

In Chicago we ran into some asshole that was sitting in front of us and talking mad shit to me. My buddy grabbed him by the neck before I could and his buddies went and got us beers lol.

I usually go with my buddy that is a UK alumn. He was in school when the Laettner shot happened. We normally get there early and pound beers, people walk up and ask why the hell are we together. As much as Kentucky fans suck on message boards their fans are pretty cool, mostly...

In Chicago we ran into some asshole that was sitting in front of us and talking mad shit to me. My buddy grabbed him by the neck before I could and his buddies went and got us beers lol.
That's what it's all about. RollLaugh

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Louisville plays Bellarmine on Sunday. DII team, but good coach and preseason #2. I think we'll still win fairly handily though. It will be a good exhibition game to get ready for the first true game on the 8th. I think we play another exhibition on the 3rd as well.
Bellarmine is really, really good. IU use to play them. We do play fellow GLVC member, USI on the 6th.

Lol... I went to the first 2 Duke/uk champions classic games but I'm skipping this one. Had a renter move out and left the place in a sorry state, don't feel like spending the extra cash. It's a blast though, have fun.

rental property can suck at times, even commercial rental property

Reactions: KisteK and tw3301
rental property can suck at times, even commercial rental property
It's all gravy when you have a good tenant, when you have a shit one... Not so much. He paid on time every month but he didn't cut the backyard grass in over a year and the smell from the inside would make you puke. ****ing housing crisis, wouldn't be renting it out if it weren't for that.

It's all gravy when you have a good tenant, when you have a shit one... Not so much. He paid on time every month but he didn't cut the backyard grass in over a year and the smell from the inside would make you puke. ****ing housing crisis, wouldn't be renting it out if it weren't for that.
Yikes. Burn it down and collect the insurance. :eek:

Yikes. Burn it down and collect the insurance. :eek:
If only I could figure out how to do it without getting arrested for arson. Luckily I have some friends that run multiple rental properties and they turned me on to some folks that take care of this nonsense on the cheap.

If only I could figure out how to do it without getting arrested for arson. Luckily I have some friends that run multiple rental properties and they turned me on to some folks that take care of this nonsense on the cheap.

one of my friends has 162 rental units
way too many headaches for me
he is getting up in years, he finally hired a guy full time to take care of them

Reactions: tw3301
he is getting up in years, he finally hired a guy full time to take care of them
Good lord, that's a lot of headaches. That's too much for one person to manage, much less an old guy. Just collecting payment on that many places is bad enough, but being a landlord for that many properties? Hell no. That's 24/7/365. You could never take a vacation.

Good lord, that's a lot of headaches. That's too much for one person to manage, much less an old guy. Just collecting payment on that many places is bad enough, but being a landlord for that many properties? Hell no. That's 24/7/365. You could never take a vacation.
But you could make a lot of money. Once you have that many properties it becomes a business, have to hire people to handle it.

But you could make a lot of money. Once you have that many properties it becomes a business, have to hire people to handle it.
No doubt. Once you get that big you'd need quite a few people or better at least have a general contractor and HVAC team on speed dial and at least one full time secretary/rent collector.

I have a good friend here in Scottsburg, who seemingly owns half the town; I think something like 150+ rental units. He's in his 70's. Was sharp as a tack, until he had a stroke. I'm shocked he hadn't had one much sooner. Some of the shit I;ve seen that dude have to deal with? Seesh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT