ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibition season

Duke beat defending D-II national champ Ferris State, 132-48. I read they shot 69% from 3, but box score says 11-22.
du1027.pdf

@IUfanBorden @SNU0821

Going back to our conversation earlier about Cline. Purdue scrimmaged WVU and this was the note on his performance.

Ryan Cline led Purdue with 27. He was 7-12 from three
Well, shit........Carsen may as well transfer. Great to hear. Good kid. But I'd probably wait a tad before getting to excited. Itsa scrimmage.. For the most part, they're controlled, and somewhat scripted. Not to much is put into these. Coaches normally will as the other staff to run "such and such defense", to help them prepare.

Good for Ryan, though. As I said---good kid.

Reactions: SNU0821
Bolden is actually doing nice stuff for Duke.

AOC is exactly what we need.

The frosh look great.

Javin and White are playing their roles.

So far, so good. Real game coming up.

Big difference between D2 and D1. Let's not get too excited.
Yes, there is. But there are some really good, D2 teams. Ferris State is one of them. They are certainly better than who IU opens with; Chicago State. Still...to beat this team by , what, 84 points? I mean, thats impressive. I've worked a lot of D2 basketball. D1 as well. There is a huge difference for the most part. But there is some really good basketball teams at the D2 level.

even without 2 starters?
Serious question, would you have forced as many with those two on the floor? Obviously impossible to say as we have no idea where those occurred, but seems like Konate is a unique player and your squad would have looked differently had he played, unless his backup is similar

Yes, there is. But there are some really good, D2 teams. Ferris State is one of them. They are certainly better than who IU opens with; Chicago State. Still...to beat this team by , what, 84 points? I mean, thats impressive. I've worked a lot of D2 basketball. D1 as well. There is a huge difference for the most part. But there is some really good basketball teams at the D2 level.
Michigan State only beat them by 8 last year in exhibition, but they lost 4 starters off that team.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Watched 5 minutes of that Duke game May be expected some type of competition with Ferris State the DII Champs. Duke had 5 breakaway dunks in those first 5 minutes and Ferris State gave little to no effort to defend most plays. Quit watching after that.

Serious question, would you have forced as many with those two on the floor? Obviously impossible to say as we have no idea where those occurred, but seems like Konate is a unique player and your squad would have looked differently had he played, unless his backup is similar
Beetle is quick, and our most experienced guard, so yes.

Konate is a 14ppg, 8 reb, 5 blk guy, so I feel good about the outcome without those 2

Hard to believe. Meanwhile the team across the state curb stomped Georgia Tech today in a scrimmage. No stats, just know AU hit 18 threes.

GT is gonna be awful this year. Maybe not 0-18 awful like Pitt last year but still really bad.

Reactions: dijjion
Kentucky just played what looked like my old high school team. Not to impressed. Will this make three out of the last four years Kentucky starts out ranked in the top five but doesn’t finish in the top fifteen of the Ap poll?
YEA, NOT SURE WHY YOU BOTHER TO WATCH THAT CRAPPY TEAM.

Well, shit........Carsen may as well transfer. Great to hear. Good kid. But I'd probably wait a tad before getting to excited. Itsa scrimmage.. For the most part, they're controlled, and somewhat scripted. Not to much is put into these. Coaches normally will as the other staff to run "such and such defense", to help them prepare.

Good for Ryan, though. As I said---good kid.
Of course, I wasn't saying it's the data point we needed. But it does say that he's possibly capable of much more than you guys originally thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT