ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN's Way Too Early Top 25 (Updated Today)

Well no shit Sherlock, lol. You don't thing playing in the Big 10 has something to do with that? The Big 10 is not like the garbage PAC 12

I was putting out the obviousness of your friend's statement. The fact you didn't pick up on that isn't a good look for Iowa.

And your poor seeing has nothing to do with the Big Ten, it has to do with the talent (or lack there of) in the Iowa program. If it was truly because of how tough the Big Ten was, you would have made it past the first weekend once in the last two decades.

Heck you were given a 3 seed in the 2000s and lost in the first round. But that's because of how good the Big Ten is, right?

I was putting out the obviousness of your friend's statement. The fact you didn't pick up on that isn't a good look for Iowa.

And your poor seeing has nothing to do with the Big Ten, it has to do with the talent (or lack there of) in the Iowa program. If it was truly because of how tough the Big Ten was, you would have made it past the first weekend once in the last two decades.

Heck you were given a 3 seed in the 2000s and lost in the first round. But that's because of how good the Big Ten is, right?

The PAC 12 is garbage, just like your life. RollLaugh

no that lost was the result of how bad a coach Alfraud was, 2 year later he gotta outta Iowa has fast as he could.

then they hired Licklighter only to see the team sink even lower that it ever was in it history as he avg'd 5 BT wins per season in his 3 years,

apathy had hit a career low. the fans were staying away in droves it was so bad that a arena that held 15,500 fans struggled to get 6000 people into the seats.

Fran took over a program that needed to get the fans to support and come to watch the games.

he did that by going from a 4-14 BT 1st season to a 9-9 BT season in his 3rd season, not only did he go from taking aa toxic waste site to winning in 3 years, the 3rd season saw Iowa win 25 games and reach the NIT Championship game, in year 2 he also guided Iowa to a 8-10 BT record and a NIT berth.

in the 2012 class he won a recruiting battle with Roy Williams by keeping top 50 instate Woodbury in state, this after seeing former Iowa players like Barnes and Paige to UNCHEATS.

he also landed top 100 Gesell out of Nebraska who chose Iowa over Stanford and Creighton, he didn't get his next 4* recruit in 16 in Cook, 4* Moss by EXPN and 4* Bohannon by ESPN.

now the Iowa program is getting looked at by the top 100 players where before there was nothing to look at. the program had fallen that low.

in the 11 years before Fran took over, Iowa had only been to the NCAAT 3 TIMES winning just 1 game. CAN'T win if you don't play. you have to remember AD Bowlseby ran the last coach to reach the sweet 16 the year he took Iowa to a sweet 16 plus the Elite 8 and another sweet 16,

Fran in 9 seasons has guided the Hawks to 4 NCAAT going 3-4, 3 NIT's reaching the NIT Championship game in year 3. this past season they were looking at a 6 at worst. putting them in the best position to make the sweet 16.

this fall this is what the make up of the team looks like by esp

4* TOP 100 C 6'11 Garza 1st Team AA 1st Team All BT. BT POY
4* TOP 100 WG 6'5 Connor
4* TOP 100 WG 6'6 Wieskamp 3rd Team all BT
3* Kentucky Gatorade POY BT FR team SG 6'3 Fredrick
4* by ESPN PG 6'0 Toussaint
off the bench
4* CG 6'1 Bohannon
4* F Top 100 6'9 Patrick
3* 4/5 7'0 Nunge

the FR probably will see spot minutes or more IF there are injuries or foul trouble.

this is why they are a project 2 seed at best and a 3 seed at worst and some are speculating that Iowa will win the BT.

you spout off a lot of shit with out knowing what you are talking about. the BT is not made up of weak ass teams either, just go back to 1979 and look at who won those Championships and who their coaches were.

next time you start to shoot your mouth off.

Last edited:
We need 1 more big man in order to be in the pre-season top 25. I like our guard depth now though. Biggest question is probably the 4 and whether guys like David and Sam make big leaps into their sophomore year. And other sophs can be serviceable depth or not.

Wow, Iowa fans suck.
the Irish and oregon fans are the biggest blowhards in the country.

what's truelly sad is Oregon can't even win the weakass P12. a conference that just 1 team in Arizona runs just like how 1 school in the B12 in Kansas that runs that conference.

the BT has 12 teams that have a realist shot proven by having 12 team having a shot at the NCAAT this past season and have 9 team the most in the D1 Conference in the to early brackets.

I’m a west coast guy. There are literally 0 times a year when I think about Iowa.
I’m sure their program is fine, and that their normal fans are pretty nice. But the guys on these birds are turds.
do you remember that 49-24 beat down of Southern Cal in the Holiday Bowl.

I've never been happier to be placed on ignore than when dragonhawk did me the favor.

the Irish and oregon fans are the biggest blowhards in the country.

what's truelly sad is Oregon can't even win the weakass P12. a conference that just 1 team in Arizona runs just like how 1 school in the B12 in Kansas that runs that conference.

the BT has 12 teams that have a realist shot proven by having 12 team having a shot at the NCAAT this past season and have 9 team the most in the D1 Conference in the to early brackets.

Oregon won the pac 12 in football and basketball. What the hell are you talking about?

Reactions: KisteK
My state almost borders Iowa and I still forget they exist until one of their posters appears.

Yeah, Kansas is a real hot spot. RollLaugh

The mighty KU fighting with Iowa posters. Blahahaha. Hook, line, and sinker.

Iowa all time vs Oregon in BB 7 Games
Iowa 6 oregon 1

last win for Iowa was in 2018 77-69 when you had that 5* Bol starting a 1 n done player and Oregon lost.

Iowa > Oregon.

Iowa all time vs Oregon in BB 7 Games
Iowa 6 oregon 1

last win for Iowa was in 2018 77-69 when you had that 5* Bol starting a 1 n done player and Oregon lost.

Iowa > Oregon.

Times each program has made it to the sweet 16 since 2000:

Iowa - 0
Oregon - 6

But go ahead and brag about a meaningless win in November. Oregon made the sweet 16 that year while Iowa was, once again, bounced in the first weekend.

Reactions: KisteK
I don’t remember but congrats. I think the last time I saw Iowa play was in the Rose Bowl a few years back.
aah yes ignore Iowa when they and coviemently remember when they lose. typical Irish fan only remembering what they want.
Iowa has 3 straight bowl wins winning 47 games in the last 5 years for a 9.4 wps avg,

go wire to wire in the 19 season in the top 25 finishing #15 in FB the BB team finished in the top 25 in 19-20 and are showing up in the to early Top 25 any where from #5 with Garza to #12 With out Garza.
top seed is #2 with Garza to #6 with out Garza.

doesn't look like Iowa is no longer a after thought.

Wow, this thread got a little off the rails. How many days until the season starts? How about getting back to the top 25 and what about that #1?

aah yes ignore Iowa when they and coviemently remember when they lose. typical Irish fan only remembering what they want.
Iowa has 3 straight bowl wins winning 47 games in the last 5 years for a 9.4 wps avg,

go wire to wire in the 19 season in the top 25 finishing #15 in FB the BB team finished in the top 25 in 19-20 and are showing up in the to early Top 25 any where from #5 with Garza to #12 With out Garza.
top seed is #2 with Garza to #6 with out Garza.

doesn't look like Iowa is no longer a after thought.
Why are you so obsessed with Notre Dame? No one has brought them up but you.

I’m sorry I don’t remember the USC game. Like I said, if it’s not an important game then I’m probably not watching.

I’m sorry I don’t remember the USC game. Like I said, if it’s not an important game then I’m probably not watching.

Did you even go to school there?

you chimed in and are a Irish fan that's enough for a fan of the Fainting Irish.

ADVERTISEMENT