ADVERTISEMENT

dukedevilz's preseason top 50, part 1

I see us as a 2nd round out. We have a better frontcourt this year.

I think my biggest issue is I don't see star-power. I suppose any of their 10 guys could start, so a strength for this team could be depth. But who's going to carry them? I think VJ King and Jordan Nwora probably have the highest ceiling. Who do you project as the starters?

Christen Cunningham (maybe Perry?)
VJ King
Dwayne Sutton
Jordan Nwora
Malik Williams

Reactions: KisteK
I really don't know where to put Lou this season.
Enoch is available this season, yes? McMahon?
Those are really the only two transfers that I recognize..

I know that I really like their '19 class, so if they lose nobody to transfer or the NBA, they'd mos def be a team I'd watch a lot more of next season. Esp if they swipe Timme.

Edit to say, I'll still be watching them this season, but more so in bigger matchups.

I really don't know where to put Lou this season.
Enoch is available this season, yes? McMahon?
Those are really the only two transfers that I recognize..

I know that I really like their '19 class, so if they lose nobody to transfer or the NBA, they'd mos def be a team I'd watch a lot more of next season. Esp if they swipe Timme.

Edit to say, I'll still be watching them this season, but more so in bigger matchups.

They have a 10-man roster, but not sure who stands out, to be honest. I think Nwora is fairly promising. VJ King and Malik Williams were highly regarded in high school. Sutton has had moments where he looked like starter material... I see lots of good players, but I'm not sold on them having elite players that can lift this program to 20+ wins.

Louisville.jpg

Reactions: KisteK
I think my biggest issue is I don't see star-power. I suppose any of their 10 guys could start, so a strength for this team could be depth. But who's going to carry them? I think VJ King and Jordan Nwora probably have the highest ceiling. Who do you project as the starters?

VJ King
Dwayne Sutton
Jordan Nwora
Malik Williams
King will be the go to starter, with Nwora being a knockout shooter, Perry and Cunningham/Fore all rotating at point, with McMahon coming in probably 20 mins a game being a sharpshooter at 3pt range. Malik and Enoch anchoring the post, with Agau and Nwora switching at PF, and Sutton if we go small ball. We will see a mixture of those players on the floor at different times. We should be solid offensively, and decent defensively. Enoch can grab a bunch of boards, and Williams has worked on his post work drastically. I think we'll surprise a lot of people this season. I don't have huge expectations, but we will make the tourney. All of our guys have bulked up a bunch, and gained a significant amount of muscle. We have a strong core of starters and supporting players. Depth still is an issue though.

VJ King
Dwayne Sutton
Jordan Nwora
Malik Williams
As far as starters, i'd go:
Cunningham
Perry
King
Nwora
Enoch

Second team
Fore
McMahon
Sutton
Agau
Williams

Reactions: dukedevilz
King will be the go to starter, with Nwora being a knockout shooter, Perry and Cunningham/Fore all rotating at point, with McMahon coming in probably 20 mins a game being a sharpshooter at 3pt range. Malik and Enoch anchoring the post, with Agau and Nwora switching at PF, and Sutton if we go small ball. We will see a mixture of those players on the floor at different times. We should be solid offensively, and decent defensively. Enoch can grab a bunch of boards, and Williams has worked on his post work drastically. I think we'll surprise a lot of people this season. I don't have huge expectations, but we will make the tourney. All of our guys have bulked up a bunch, and gained a significant amount of muscle. We have a strong core of starters and supporting players. Depth still is an issue though.

I'm not rooting against Louisville, FWIW. Also not rooting against Michigan ,@hailtoyourvictor, I hope UM mercilessly beats down North Carolina in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge. These are simply my projections. On my top 50 list, I literally have over 500 players included.... I can't cut open these players and see who's got the "it" factor. I don't know who will have meteoric rises ala Carsen Edwards, Mikal Bridges, or Luke Maye. The reality is guys will come out of nowhere. Some guys will plateau. But that's what makes the game fun.

I personally don't think Louisville has depth issues. They have 10 guys with a fair amount of D1 experience. I think they're just lacking in star-power.

7UhLAQ0ZY7sVniF8ChCMfFeZF0dE5HWVxlkXBhJe4bI.jpg

what's to know? It's not really that complicated Bert, just a bunch of redneck hillbilly schools playing some ball till football starts up again.
What a piece of shit you are.

"redneck hillbilly schools". The SEC is the richest conference in the U.S. dipwad.

The SEC has more class than your worthless ass can imagine.

Such dumbassery as you I can't imagine. You are a total dipwad. Plus you don't know jackshit about basketball. Holy crap!

What a piece of shit you are.

"redneck hillbilly schools". The SEC is the richest conference in the U.S. dipwad.

The SEC has more class than your worthless ass can imagine.

Such dumbassery as you I can't imagine. You are a total dipwad. Plus you don't know jackshit about basketball. Holy crap!
giphy.gif

Nevada lost to Washington 91-73 in an exhibition game played in Reno. Very poor shooting in the second half (10 for 35, 28.57%). The sky isn't falling yet, but the result was a little resulting

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT