ADVERTISEMENT

dukedevilz 2020-21 Preseason Top 50

Well we have work to do. Houston’s energy was so much better than ours for the first thirty minutes. They’re legit. Glad we fought back, but long way to go. Too many options on offense to not score 65+ every game.

Lol what? I would never say we would miss Culver that is ridiculous.
Mooney was a volume shooter at SDSU. That’s all he did at SDSU. McClung can be one of our several options this year but he won’t be relied upon to be the guy. We have several options to score this year.

I think we’re better than WVu and Texas. Who is going to shoot from the outside besides McBride (who is very underrated). I think the same about Kansas who is going to score for them. They lost the two best players in the conference. And Texas, well they’re Texas. No doubt y’all are stacked talent wise, as are we, but you still have Shaka.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Should have listened to me again.

I'd put some pretty sizeable money that, if both teams stay healthy, Purdue finishes ahead of Minnesota. Not enough credit is being given to the Pitino vs Painter factor IMO.

Of course, that would still put Purdue at 9th in the Big Ten, which just speaks to how stupid deep the conference is.
Bump

Reactions: duckboy33
Good lord @SheriffBufordTJustice, the OP said the following:

"Here it is, gents. My wildly inaccurate top 50"

Someone is taking this way too seriously

What is wrong with trying to make things better...

You acknowledge your errors and improve.

If you do anything in life you want to get better.

Don't know why some of you get so upset by this.
I pointed out his errors in the Big 12 prior to the season because I was familiar with what most likely was going to occur

What is wrong with trying to make things better...

You acknowledge your errors and improve.

If you do anything in life you want to get better.

Don't know why some of you get so upset by this.
I pointed out his errors in the Big 12 prior to the season because I was familiar with what most likely was going to occur
Because everyone knows that preseason rankings are impossible to get right, but they are fun fodder for conversation. And @dukedevilz is one of the most liked and respected posters on this board. It doesn't have to be a situation where you take an affront to what the rankings are, it would basically be the same thing with getting upset at someone's bracket before a single game is played, hardly anyone gets it all right.

Because everyone knows that preseason rankings are impossible to get right, but they are fun fodder for conversation. And @dukedevilz is one of the most liked and respected posters on this board. It doesn't have to be a situation where you take an affront to what the rankings are, it would basically be the same thing with getting upset at someone's bracket before a single game is played, hardly anyone gets it all right.

Like I said there is nothing wrong with improvement.

Some of you are weak. Hate to tell you that.
Strengthen your minds.

This isn't attacking the man. It is helping him out. I told him before the season that he should have paid attention to the preseason poll from the Big 12 coaches.

Strengthen your minds.

This isn't attacking the man. It is helping him out. I told him before the season that he should have paid attention to the preseason poll from the Big 12 coaches.
Weakness can also be construed as positioning yourself as a know it all on a subject that is impossible to know everything about. You may want to re-evaluate some things about yourself

Reactions: bMORE607

Strengthen your minds.

I imagine you have zero friends and you're probably divorced. Just a gut feeling that you've run everybody off in your life.

Reactions: sgrooms
But that doesn't mean you cannot improve....

No one can be a perfect person but doesn't mean that you don't strive to improve ourselves
That's not what we are saying, clearly its fine to improve things that are meaningful and worthwhile to improve. This is not one of those things, because the variables are too numerous to get right. Even an AI model will not exist anytime soon to get rankings exactly right because no model has the capacity to foresee injuries, suspensions, mental health issues, guys fighting on the bench and letting the other team come back from 15 points down, whatever you can think of

That's not what we are saying, clearly its fine to improve things that are meaningful and worthwhile to improve. This is not one of those things, because the variables are too numerous to get right. Even an AI model will not exist anytime soon to get rankings exactly right because no model has the capacity to foresee injuries, suspensions, mental health issues, guys fighting on the bench and letting the other team come back from 15 points down, whatever you can think of
Not to mention Covid

So why not see where some errors are made and improve on those...

I get it you want to protect OP. But in no way is this a personal attack on him.

So why not see where some errors are made and improve on those...

I get it you want to protect OP. But in no way is this a personal attack on him.
I'm really not trying to protect anyone, I'm just saying it isn't worth arguing about. Do you have any constructive pointers besides "listen to the guys that cover the conferences"? Because even this year, that wouldn't have worked for the following Blue bloods:

ALL of them

Reactions: VulvHa
I'm really not trying to protect anyone, I'm just saying it isn't worth arguing about. Do you have any constructive pointers besides "listen to the guys that cover the conferences"? Because even this year, that wouldn't have worked for the following Blue bloods:

ALL of them

Don't pay attention to other conferences besides the Big 12.

Don't know what was being said about the other conferences

It was well known Kentucky wasn't going to be elite though.

Don't pay attention to other conferences besides the Big 12.

Don't know what was being said about the other conferences

It was well known Kentucky wasn't going to be elite though.
See that's weak because you don't have any improvements or errors to point out, and really there aren't any. You can look at recruiting rankings, returning production, schedule, and that's about it. BPI is awful, and that's basically a algorithm that looks at those figures along with stats once you are in the season. It doesn't work, and it won't ever work, because it doesn't identify how some teams that are generally average are bad matchups for better teams, so they create a data population that gets screwyer and screwyer. It's the best part about college sports, especially basketball. We crave the upset when it isn't our team. We need the upsets or it gets boring. Just enjoy it man

ADVERTISEMENT