Duke vs. U of L

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by Random UK Fan, Jan 14, 2020.

1. coryfly

coryfly Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

K is notorious for this sort of thing. From the amazing comments to chastising a player on another team to excusing his players injuring others. Sometimes he complains about officials when they lose but always with a disclaimer so the media and their fans can say he wasn't complaining. At times he is simply a sore loser. He is always a gracious winner though. It always seems weird when he complains about physicality though because his teams have thrived on being handsy and physical and impeding FOM without getting called for it.

Roy certainly says some dumb things as well. I don't remember him whining about officiating and stuff like that a lot though. Maybe he does and I ignore it.

2. GE Nole

GE Nole Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I 100% agree. I am now fully expecting a super tight whistle when we come to Cameron.

3. Scotty00

Scotty00 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Damn, just seen the highlights of the game. Poor Jack White gave a good effort at the end of the game but he got hammered on lol

4. BC_in_06

BC_in_06 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Lmao no he wasn’t. UK didn’t have to double him because he refused to go to the post. He had 6’3 Quickley on him and he still wanted to roam the perimeter. Dude is great in games against nobodies but in big games he disappears.

5. UL_1986

UL_1986 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

He had a double double against then #4 Michigan. You guys also doubled him in Rupp. Not along the perimeter, but when he’d switch to playing 4 you doubled him. But it’s okay to live in fantasy land. A lot of UK fans do.

6. BC_in_06

BC_in_06 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Exactly when he moved into the paint which was very rare. He was shut down the whole game. It’s ok to admit you were wrong.

7. UL_1986

UL_1986 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

He literally shot 6 outside shots lol. Log off and take a nap.

8. CardHack

CardHack Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Nwora didn't remotely face the type of defense he faced against Kentucky Saturday night; he did play a much more active role on the sort of hip screen from the elbow that freed Johnson for a couple of his layups in the halfcourt. UK ran alot of people at him and he didn't respond at all well to the way he was defended.

UL_1986 likes this.
  9. Noahtogo24

Noahtogo24 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Reminds me of the 07 title game, Florida sold out to Ohio State's other players and just let Oden get his points...

GE Nole likes this.
  10. CardHack

CardHack Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I would add as this specifically applies to Florida State...Coach K needs Freedom of Movement on his end of the court; Florida State is the best team at the charity stripe in the ACC. Frankly FSU is still a bit of a question mark from the perimeter sitting squarely in the middle of the league from the three point line, but they shoot over most opponents inside it with big guards and wing length in much the same way Johnson exploited Jones. FSU can do what Louisville did in spaces and run big and long bodies at Carey and really exploit Hurt with drives from their wings.

GE Nole likes this.
  11. Villian07

Villian07 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

^^^ that’s how fsu beat Louisville imo. Gave the ball to whoever Kimble or McMahon was guarding and let that guy that it to the rack or at least try to take it to the rack and pull up for short jumpers. Just a great game plan we had no answer to. I remember Vassell did it a couple times late, and I can’t leave out mj walker played like micheal Jordan walker.

12. JC for 3

JC for 3 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

....and he'll be 0-fer against UK too.

Random UK Fan likes this.
  13. JC for 3

Expand Collapse

...you still are.... 1 game doesn't change that. If Johnson shows consistency, I'll call you "Nwora, Johnson and a bunch of role players".

14. JC for 3

Expand Collapse

......you just think you would.

15. JC for 3

Expand Collapse

Quickley shut his ass down on his own.

16. JC for 3

Expand Collapse

.....as opposed to the fantasy land U6 fans (and Sutton too) live in where they think they're going to beat UK?