ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs. U of L

K seems to think Louisville was too physical.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...asketball/coach-k-shouldnt-be-played-that-way

“I’m not a sour grapes guy,” Krzyzewski said. “I’m a stand-up guy. Give them credit. I’m just saying the game shouldn’t be played that way. We should have freedom of movement. They did their stuff better than we did, and they deserved to win. That’s all I’m gonna … I’m not gonna talk about that crap any more. Because it’s gonna sound … you all will make it sound like I don’t want it to sound. We lost, and whenever I’m here and we lose, I always credit the opponent. And I never throw my own team under the bus ever... ever. I’m not going to make damn excuses. I just said that they could’ve beaten us another way too. God bless them.”

K is notorious for this sort of thing. From the amazing comments to chastising a player on another team to excusing his players injuring others. Sometimes he complains about officials when they lose but always with a disclaimer so the media and their fans can say he wasn't complaining. At times he is simply a sore loser. He is always a gracious winner though. It always seems weird when he complains about physicality though because his teams have thrived on being handsy and physical and impeding FOM without getting called for it.

Roy certainly says some dumb things as well. I don't remember him whining about officiating and stuff like that a lot though. Maybe he does and I ignore it.

I didn't read his comments as being a summary of last night's game...it was Coach K signalling to the league that for the remainder of the season defenders need to wave Dookies into the lane like a third base coach waving someone home or suffer the consequences. Those consequences being that nasally sanctimony postgame when they don't enjoy a 3 to 1 FT advantage at Cameron.

In all seriousness, that was a message delivered to future ACC opponents--especially Virginia but doubly so for Florida State whose length coupled with their athleticism will give Duke a boatload of problems, especially if it's a rock fight. If he faces FSU he needs a tight whistle.

I 100% agree. I am now fully expecting a super tight whistle when we come to Cameron.

Damn, just seen the highlights of the game. Poor Jack White gave a good effort at the end of the game but he got hammered on lol

He was doubled every time he got a touch. Not sure which game you were watching. Blue tinted glasses must be clouding your vision.
Lmao no he wasn’t. UK didn’t have to double him because he refused to go to the post. He had 6’3 Quickley on him and he still wanted to roam the perimeter. Dude is great in games against nobodies but in big games he disappears.

Lmao no he wasn’t. UK didn’t have to double him because he refused to go to the post. He had 6’3 Quickley on him and he still wanted to roam the perimeter. Dude is great in games against nobodies but in big games he disappears.
He had a double double against then #4 Michigan. You guys also doubled him in Rupp. Not along the perimeter, but when he’d switch to playing 4 you doubled him. But it’s okay to live in fantasy land. A lot of UK fans do.

He had a double double against then #4 Michigan. You guys also doubled him in Rupp. Not along the perimeter, but when he’d switch to playing 4 you doubled him. But it’s okay to live in fantasy land. A lot of UK fans do.
Exactly when he moved into the paint which was very rare. He was shut down the whole game. It’s ok to admit you were wrong.

Nwora didn't remotely face the type of defense he faced against Kentucky Saturday night; he did play a much more active role on the sort of hip screen from the elbow that freed Johnson for a couple of his layups in the halfcourt. UK ran alot of people at him and he didn't respond at all well to the way he was defended.

Reactions: UL_1986
I know you’re kidding around but it was actually a pretty creative plan from Ham. Basically let him get his and sold out to lock down everyone else. Harassed McMahon, Enoch, Sutton, and Kimble into awful games and essentially controlled the action throughout.

Reminds me of the 07 title game, Florida sold out to Ohio State's other players and just let Oden get his points...

Reactions: GE Nole
I 100% agree. I am now fully expecting a super tight whistle when we come to Cameron.

I would add as this specifically applies to Florida State...Coach K needs Freedom of Movement on his end of the court; Florida State is the best team at the charity stripe in the ACC. Frankly FSU is still a bit of a question mark from the perimeter sitting squarely in the middle of the league from the three point line, but they shoot over most opponents inside it with big guards and wing length in much the same way Johnson exploited Jones. FSU can do what Louisville did in spaces and run big and long bodies at Carey and really exploit Hurt with drives from their wings.

Reactions: GE Nole
^^^ that’s how fsu beat Louisville imo. Gave the ball to whoever Kimble or McMahon was guarding and let that guy that it to the rack or at least try to take it to the rack and pull up for short jumpers. Just a great game plan we had no answer to. I remember Vassell did it a couple times late, and I can’t leave out mj walker played like micheal Jordan walker.

.....as opposed to the fantasy land U6 fans (and Sutton too) live in where they think they're going to beat UK?

ADVERTISEMENT