ADVERTISEMENT

***Duke vs Kentucky Game Thread***

It is ridiculous to expect what we saw out of Barret and Williamson last night to be the norm. But one game is what we have to go on.

From their first game, I think from a franchise aspect, Barrett would be your guy. But from a ticket selling aspect, Williamson is probably your guy.

Williamson was definitely more efficient, going 11-13 from the floor and scoring 28 points while only logging 23 minutes. But Barrett is sneaky unselfish. He took a load of shots, but he wasn't always looking to take his first available shot. His 6 assist are promising, again just a one game example.

I have a feeling that we won't see Reddish's full potential in a Duke uniform. Seems silly to say, but it was almost as if K didn't want him to show his hand last night. Every time he got going, he went to the bench. Without being in foul trouble, he only played 24 minutes.

So man, for a team that has "no depth whatsoever", they were able to keep two of their top 3 out of the game for almost a half each and not lose productivity.

Only thing I am going to take from the game until I see more from each team later in the season is it was fun as hell to watch and I couldn't be more impressed with 4 freshman making their debut on a national stage vs the #2 team in the country. Oh, and Jack White. 11 rebounds, 6 offensive. If we can get that out of him consistently, that will be what makes Duke great this year.

Took a glance over there and the first thing I found was a conspiracy essay detailing how the NCAA tries to prevent Kentucky (with 8 titles) from winning, and the only way to overcome is to have multiple superstars on the roster.RollLaugh

Holy shit

ZION is a treat to watch. I thought UKs bigs would dominate, he even dominated them. Hes just another level of athlete. Almost Lebron like.

Maybe now you’ll see why I thought it was stupid that’s UK fans on RR were saying UK would beat an All Big Ten team.
Well, that's fine, we all know that's just not true, especially now.
But there isn't a soul on this board that thought UK would get skull f*cked the way they did last night.
But yeah, it's still a troll move to state that the BIG couldn't field an all star team that could compete with UK.
But Duke. ..yeah, I might take Duke over a BIG all star team right now, but that might be because all of us UK fans are still looking for all of our stuffing to put back in to make us whole again. #Ted

Reactions: Mac9192 and tw3301
But there isn't a soul on this board that thought UK would get skull f*cked the way they did last night.
But yeah, it's still a troll move to state that the BIG couldn't field an all star team that could compete with UK.
But Duke. ..yeah, I might take Duke over a BIG all star team right now, but that might be because all of us UK fans are still looking for all of our stuffing to put back in to make us whole again. #Ted

I laughed lol

I didn’t think UK could hang with Duke I even stated in another thread. I didn’t expect 30+ blowout, but I did expect a comfy Duke win by about 10. I’ve been higher on UK teams in the past with their talent, but I’ve been adamant this year about how they look “decent”. Not very impressive to me tbh. A solid 15-25 rank for them.

Here is why I think its dumb though...

MSU played #1 Kansas within 5 points last night. If you put Ethan Happ, Charles Matthews, Jordan Murphy, Anthony Cowan, and Romeo Langford MSU would be favored by double digits.

MSU played #1 Kansas within 5 points last night. If you put Ethan Happ, Charles Matthews, Jordan Murphy, Anthony Cowan, and Romeo Langford MSU would be favored by double digits.
It's all about matchups and at this point in time, I don't see anyone that can guard Duke's 4 headed monster. Maybe UK just sucked and Duke isn't really that good… .maybe.
If I had to guess though, I'd say UK does suck, but Duke is actually ridiculously good and it is very possible that Duke > BIG10 all star team.
There isn't anyone in the BIG10 that has that kind of talent. It really isn't that far fetched.

It's all about matchups and at this point in time, I don't see anyone that can guard Duke's 4 headed monster. Maybe UK just sucked and Duke isn't really that good… .maybe.
If I had to guess though, I'd say UK does suck, but Duke is actually ridiculously good and it is very possible that Duke > BIG10 all star team.
There isn't anyone in the BIG10 that has that kind of talent. It really isn't that far fetched.

I’m taking about when Kentucky fans were saying it. They were using the same logic. “No one has that talent that Kentucky has.”

Sometimes it comes down to more than just talent. Kansas State wasn’t more talented than Kentucky last year. Mercer wasn’t more talented than duke a few years ago.

And it’s not like the B1G is talent deficient. The conference will probably turn out 2 or 3 All-Americans.

And the bench would be better than Duke’s bench undeniably.

So maybe Duke would beat and All Big Ten team but I don’t think so.

Reactions: KisteK and denniden
If you take the 5 exhibition games and the game last night, Zion is shooting 69.7% from the floor (71 FGM and 102 FGA). I don't think he'll ever approach a fg% close to Azbuike, mostly because he's going to shoot a decent amount of jumpers, but I don't think it's far-fetched to think Zion could shoot somewhere between 60-65% from the floor. Incredibly, incredibly efficient.

Zion shot 78% from the field as a high school senior; not that means anything, as he can pretty much dribble drive and dunk on anyone any everyone. But I thought that was a crazy percentage for someone who spends a fair amount of time on the wing.

I’m taking about when Kentucky fans were saying it. They were using the same logic. “No one has that talent that Kentucky has.”

Sometimes it comes down to more than just talent. Kansas State wasn’t more talent than Kentucky. Mercer wasn’t more talented than duke a few years ago.
Agreed and I do recall seeing those posts on here. I don't remember who it was, but those posters deserve to have their noses rubbed in the crap that they were saying.
I didn't make those statements, but I almost want to apologize for them

But I won't, I've already sucked enough c*ck on here today.

And it’s not like the B1G is talent deficient. The conference will probably turn out 2 or 3 All-Americans.

Duke's bench looked pretty damn good to me last night.
But I'm hoping it was just because someone injected UK's players with some sort of a sleeping potion, that's what it looked like anyway.
Last night's game was bizarre. I've never seen a good team get dominated like that. UK's starters were getting crushed by Jack White and every other former walk on that Duke pulled out of the stands.

I agree with the talent in the Big 10 aspect. I think there are quite a few superstars. Not super high on there being super elite teams, but it does seem like half the teams have at least one superstar. I think the Big 10 has an excellent shot at have 2-4 All-Americans, personally.

Carsen Edwards- Purdue
Ethan Happ- Wisconsin
Cassius Winston- Michigan State
Anthony Cowan- Maryland
Jordan Murphy- Minnesota
Charles Matthews- Michigan
Romeo Langford- Indiana
James Palmer- Nebraska

Duke might win, however, simply because they've had a longer time to mesh together.

KU was up 15-17 a lot of the game. Last few minutes MSU made a hard push and made it interesting. Credit to MSU, they are a good team. But, no way KU would be a 10+ point dog with any other player added to that team.

Last edited:
I agree with the talent in the Big 10 aspect. I think there are quite a few superstars. Not super high on there being super elite teams, but it does seem like half the teams have at least one superstar. I think the Big 10 has an excellent shot at have 2-4 All-Americans, personally.

Carsen Edwards- Purdue
Ethan Happ- Wisconsin
Cassius Winston- Michigan State
Anthony Cowan- Maryland
Jordan Murphy- Minnesota
Charles Matthews- Michigan
Romeo Langford- Indiana
James Palmer- Nebraska

Duke might win, however, simply because they've had a longer time to mesh together.

Bingo

If you take the 5 exhibition games and the game last night, Zion is shooting 69.7% from the floor (71 FGM and 102 FGA). I don't think he'll ever approach a fg% close to Azbuike, mostly because he's going to shoot a decent amount of jumpers, but I don't think it's far-fetched to think Zion could shoot somewhere between 60-65% from the floor. Incredibly, incredibly efficient.

Zion shot 78% from the field as a high school senior; not that means anything, as he can pretty much dribble drive and dunk on anyone any everyone. But I thought that was a crazy percentage for someone who spends a fair amount of time on the wing.

First off, how did Zion’s team ever lose in high school?

Also, up until the Canada trip, I didn’t know how Zion’s game would translate to the college ranks. When I saw what he was doing in Canada, I was like sheesh.

His passing is a thing of beauty. Almost Kendall Marshall-esque

Has any team won the NCAA Tournament after losing by 30 in the regular season? Lot of analysts had Kentucky winning it all.

First off, how did Zion’s team ever lose in high school?

Also, up until the Canada trip, I didn’t know how Zion’s game would translate to the college ranks. When I saw what he was doing in Canada, I was like sheesh.

His passing is a thing of beauty. Almost Kendall Marshall-esque
His rejection (or rather at the rim theft) and then leading the fast break with a dime at the end...shockingly smooth.

Reactions: Quavarius
Has any team won the NCAA Tournament after losing by 30 in the regular season? Lot of analysts had Kentucky winning it all.
Shows you how analytic work by most of those pundents is somewhat asinine in the long run. Duke or Kansas will win it. Both teams looked solid af.

If the all B1G team had as much time to practice together as this Duke team has had, it would be tough for Duke to beat them.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
You’re still on this, and I don’t even remember what I said. Lol I was at a bar watching the games last night.

You’re a liar. But I expect nothing less from you...

And no I’m not mad. I get the trolling, that’s all you have.

Just proves the experts aren’t so expert. I honestly thought UK would win by 5 or less. Only because of our bigs and hopefully improved shooting from last year. But back to your question, no I don’t see UK winning a championship after this 30+ beat down. Disappointing...

ADVERTISEMENT