***Duke vs Kentucky Game Thread***

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
Go Big Blue!!
tenor.gif

Good luck, Duke fans. Got my Woodford out for this one. Gonna be nervous for the next two and a half hours. Here’s to no injuries!

I read this earlier and thought it was interesting.

"Tonight is the seventh consecutive match up between Kentucky and Duke in which both teams are ranked in the top 10 at the time of the game. In my opinion, that is the mark of two truly historic basketball schools. Duke has never had a streak like this one with any other school. The closest they’ve been is a streak of five consecutive with North Carolina in the late 1970s."

Setting the odds of me staying up for this entire game at +125

Toss up. Won’t be surprised either way. I’m a bottle of wine in. Let’s do this shit.

I read this earlier and thought it was interesting.

"Tonight is the seventh consecutive match up between Kentucky and Duke in which both teams are ranked in the top 10 at the time of the game. In my opinion, that is the mark of two truly historic basketball schools. Duke has never had a streak like this one with any other school. The closest they’ve been is a streak of five consecutive with North Carolina in the late 1970s."

That's because they always play at the beginning of the year.

Do we even know when the game starts? Glad we got to see a college football hype segment instead of actually taking about the game we want to hear about. But who am I to criticize?

Ummm...a fan of one of the teams about to play. Seriously. WTF with this lasting so long.

My nerves are bad enough, this is just making it worse. :mad:

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Let's get this dayum show on the road. Thought it was going to tip 30 min ago.

Will never understand why a player who could be as cool as Zion Williamson would go to Duke.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
“Kentucky takes up 90 percent of this place”

SmokinSmile

Usually at the Champions Classic the crowd is either owned by UK or KU. Most places it's been UK has owned. Surprisingly Chicago has been dominated by KU fans though.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Pretty fun game so far. Almost as pretty as the UNC/Wofford battle from earlier.

I laugh when people say they've never seen a player like Zion Williamson before. Do they not remember Larry Johnson? Zion is as close to a Larry Johnson clone as I've ever seen.

Leaving Duke completely open from three is a bold strategy

Looks like UK followed the Duke practice and got their own little annoying white guard.

Kidding. Herro has great form with that jumper.

I'll take the under on Duke continuing to shoot 80% on threes. Holy schnikes. So far Keldon Johnson and RJ Barrett are really impressive. Reddish living up to his reputation.

ADVERTISEMENT