ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Recruiting

Yes. All that NBA top 50 talent and only 2 NC’s. And those were lucky.

And he coached how long?
And he had how many McDaa’s.
Talk about underachieving. Geez.

You can’t stand it when I dog your Pops. He played UNC 100 times, won half of them. The last 2 times UNC made you cry and that wasn’t luck.

You can’t stand it when I dog your Pops. He played UNC 100 times, won half of them. The last 2 times UNC made you cry and that wasn’t luck.
Masters time. Have a nice day.
Great that you can’t respond to DES questions.

just proves how much K is on your mind and the same with Duke.

Face it, K us the GOAT and all others just don’t matter.

Btw, how many 5* OAD does Hubie have for next year.

Masters time. Have a nice day.
Great that you can’t respond to DES questions.

just proves how much K is on your mind and the same with Duke.

Face it, K us the GOAT and all others just don’t matter.

Btw, how many 5* OAD does Hubie have for next year.

Run along.

Still can’t respond to DES questions. Love it.

But K. 😂😂😂😂😂

We all know how sensitive you are when it comes to your dad, you can't hide it. You mentioned Dean because you can't handle the shade I throw at your billy goat coach. It's all good, mention the past UNC coaches all you want and I won't get bent out of shape like you do when k is being talked about.

We all know how sensitive you are when it comes to your dad, you can't hide it. You mentioned Dean because you can't handle the shade I throw at your billy goat coach. It's all good, mention the past UNC coaches all you want and I won't get bent out of shape like you do when k is being talked about.

It is called calling out hypocrisy.
Bent out of shape. You really don’t know me.
Again. Any response to my DES comments or do you only worry about negatives when it has to do with K.

Brcause if you think K underachieved a Dean didn’t you are just an idiotic hypocrite

It is called calling out hypocrisy.
Bent out of shape. You really don’t know me.
Again. Any response to my DES comments or do you only worry about negatives when it has to do with K.

Brcause if you think K underachieved a Dean didn’t you are just an idiotic hypocrite

Look in the mirror when you call someone a hypocrite. RollLaugh

Still can’t comment on the under achieving DES.

Duke fans are sorry for what K has done to UNC and DES’s tarnished legacy.

sad.

We will always have the last laugh. Not winning the title was the goal but sending you dad out with 2 L's is priceless.

We will always have the last laugh. Not winning the title was the goal but sending you dad out with 2 L's is priceless.
Just shows how sad you UNC fans are.
You worship men who cheated and treated AA athletes like slaves.
What a sad legacy DES and Roy have left.

Sad about not beating KU. Happy as hell we get to talk shit to clowns like yourself.
And I can talk shit the same. Duke is the dominant program right now. One lucky run in the easiest bracket proves nothing. Luck of the draw. Easiest 1 seed with two stars injured and an undeserved big two that got beat by a 15. Dint act like you beat anybody good until Duke.

Enjoy second place. Or the first loser.

And I can talk shit the same. Duke is the dominant program right now. One lucky run in the easiest bracket proves nothing. Luck of the draw. Easiest 1 seed with two stars injured and an undeserved big two that got beat by a 15. Dint act like you beat anybody good until Duke.

Enjoy second place. Or the first loser.

Now we got excuses. Your last 2 L's to a unranked team, your rival and you still can't come to grips with that. You know how the tournament is, you don't pick and choose who you play but you may think otherwise. All I know is UNC ended your season and sent your dad into retirement. Isn't life grand?

Now we got excuses. Your last 2 L's to a unranked team, your rival and you still can't come to grips with that. You know how the tournament is, you don't pick and choose who you play but you may think otherwise. All I know is UNC ended your season and sent your dad into retirement. Isn't life grand?
Sure is. Enjoy next year.

UNC was playing like a top 5 team in the country over the past month. Even though UNC is 50-50 vs K, your fanbase has always had an inferiority complex and try to play the underdog card all the time and its pathetic.

You're arguably the greatest college basketball program of all time, sack up and act like it. There's nothing embarrassing about losing to a good UNC squad in the Final 4.

UNC was playing like a top 5 team in the country over the past month. Even though UNC is 50-50 vs K, your fanbase has always had an inferiority complex and try to play the underdog card all the time and its pathetic.

You're arguably the greatest college basketball program of all time, sack up and act like it. There's nothing embarrassing about losing to a good UNC squad in the Final 4.

Inferiority complex? UNC owns duke head to head, more titles and wins. It’s you especially that thought duke was going to walk over UNC the last 2 games. So you’re saying UNC fans are to happy about beating their rival? Sounds to me you and a few other duke fans are sore losers.

FPsV5llXIAYXzJi

Inferiority complex? UNC owns duke head to head, more titles and wins. It’s you especially that thought duke was going to walk over UNC the last 2 games. So you’re saying UNC fans are to happy about beating their rival? Sounds to me you and a few other duke fans are sore losers.
K has been at Duke for 42 years. What is his record against UNC? Since you like only talking about Roy while at UNC, I only consider K’s time at Duke to be relevant.

Then stop with the "woe is me" attitude and act like mighty Duke is losing to lowly Carolina teams. UNC didn't play well to start the year and started gelling right before the Duke game in Cameron which is why everyone, not just Duke fans, were shocked when we lost that game.

By the time the Final 4 rolled around, its clear that UNC was playing like a title contender and the spread was only Duke -4/-4.5 so even the oddsmakers felt that way.

Congrats on beating your rival but you didn't pull off some incredible upset. You won a tossup game by executing a little better down the stretch.

From an outsider, it appears Duke fans are taking those UNC L's hard. Maybe it's losing K at the same time.
Sucks to lose to a rival for sure but I'm more irritated by the haters who create unrealistic expectations for our program and other blue bloods to meet and do a victory lap if we fall short.

We had a 30 win season, won the ACC regular season, made the ACC Championship game and made the Final 4. K's last year was a success imo and it'd be silly to argue otherwise. You can find thousands of haters on Twitter who were arguing after the Final 4 that K's legacy was destroyed which is the stupidest thing I've heard in my life. The guy makes a 13th Final 4 to end his career and he somehow hurt his legacy lmfao.

Reactions: ceilo77
Sucks to lose to a rival for sure but I'm more irritated by the haters who create unrealistic expectations for our program and other blue bloods to meet and do a victory lap if we fall short.

We had a 30 win season, won the ACC regular season, made the ACC Championship game and made the Final 4. K's last year was a success imo and it'd be silly to argue otherwise. You can find thousands of haters on Twitter who were arguing after the Final 4 that K's legacy was destroyed which is the stupidest thing I've heard in my life. The guy makes a 13th Final 4 to end his career and he somehow hurt his legacy lmfao.
I understand. It's not hurt his legacy, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm more talking about the fan's behavior.

I'm sure you don't see it.

Exactly.

I wouldnt call it a success bc of all the unnecessary pressure out on the team by K, esp the last two losses being to UNC, one in Ks last home game and one in the first ever tourney meeting between the rivals, in fact i cant think of a much worse way to go out sans a first weekend upset. I guess a FF is a FF though.

but it def didnt tarnish his legacy either.

I wouldnt call it a success bc of all the unnecessary pressure out on the team by K, esp the last two losses being to UNC, one in Ks last home game and one in the first ever tourney meeting between the rivals, in fact i cant think of a much worse way to go out sans a first weekend upset. I guess a FF is a FF though.

but it def didnt tarnish his legacy either.
K announced his retirement early to do good by his incoming recruiting class back in 2021 who committed with the assumption that they would be coached by Coach K. He didn't want decommitments and to leave Scheyer in a bad position in Year 1.

Duke and K can't help that the media took hold of the retirement tour and created a frenzy that no one could control.

Some of these things you can't judge till you actually see it happen. Before K's last game at Cameron, I thought the ceremony and inviting all the former players back to campus was a fitting tribute for his last home game. After witnessing it though, its clear it was a mistake because it was over the top, took attention away from the game and it was a lose/lose situation for Duke (win and it was expected, lose and its a tragedy).

Ole Roy hit his breaking point with college basketball and all the transfers so he called it quits after Walker Kessler transferred to Auburn. Somehow that ended up being painted as this noble decision and K is "selfish" for announcing his retirement a year in advance.

K has been at Duke for 42 years. What is his record against UNC? Since you like only talking about Roy while at UNC, I only consider K’s time at Duke to be relevant.

Who said k’s time at duke wasn’t relevant? I brought up Roy because you mentioned Dean and Guthridge first. I’m not afraid to say k isn’t the Goat but if you’re looking for more than that, I can’t help you.

He could have retired after the season and not announced a year in advance he was gonna retire like every other coach ever. Had he done that then hes the season woukd have been a smashing success.

K announced his retirement early to do good by his incoming recruiting class back in 2021 who committed with the assumption that they would be coached by Coach K. He didn't want decommitments and to leave Scheyer in a bad position in Year 1.

Duke and K can't help that the media took hold of the retirement tour and created a frenzy that no one could control.

Some of these things you can't judge till you actually see it happen. Before K's last game at Cameron, I thought the ceremony and inviting all the former players back to campus was a fitting tribute for his last home game. After witnessing it though, its clear it was a mistake because it was over the top, took attention away from the game and it was a lose/lose situation for Duke (win and it was expected, lose and its a tragedy).

Ole Roy hit his breaking point with college basketball and all the transfers so he called it quits after Walker Kessler transferred to Auburn. Somehow that ended up being painted as this noble decision and K is "selfish" for announcing his retirement a year in advance.
Its not about Roy, its that no other coach has ever had a fairwell tour in cbball that i can think of, really cant think of any in any spoort but in sire its happened.

k should of known with a young team, all of his former players showing up and the hype of the game would put tons of pressure on his players. That BS reason he announced his retirement in the way he did was to preserve Scheyers incoming class is comical. Also it sounds to me you guys are still salty about losing the final 2 games against UNC. Bottom line is k knew this would be hyped up to the max, media coverage etc but in the end it was his players that wilted under pressure. Had he announced his retirement after the season the players wouldn't of felt no pressure.

k should of known with a young team, all of his former players showing up and the hype of the game would put tons of pressure on his players. That BS reason he announced his retirement in the way he did was to preserve Scheyers incoming class is comical. Also it sounds to me you guys are still salty about losing the final 2 games against UNC. Bottom line is k knew this would be hyped up to the max, media coverage etc but in the end it was his players that wilted under pressure. Had he announced his retirement after the season the players wouldn't of felt no pressure.
🤡🤡👍🤡👍👍👍👍🤡

There's high turnover rate every year at Duke. If you have any kind of remotely good year they're gone. Kinda sucks, I thought Roach would come back but he started playing well in the tournament so I'm sure he'll go to the draft. One of the drawbacks of being in the biggest spotlight in college basketball.

I don't think Roach leaves. He could have a really good year there next year, which could actually get him drafted.

I think Scheyer will be fine. He probably won't be as good as K but K is an all time great coach so that isn't a knock. Hopefully he can get some assistants that aren't so damn sensitive though. Need to toughen up to play with the big boys.

you know... He knows that, at his first loss, everyone will freak out and say he sucks? Like what will happen here?

He could have retired after the season and not announced a year in advance he was gonna retire like every other coach ever. Had he done that then hes the season woukd have been a smashing success.

This is something that gets repeated a ton and is just the most bizarre take. Like.. you all know how college basketball works, right?

Option 1: you announce your retirement at the end of the season, giving the new head coach less time to prepare, causing players to possibly transfer unexpectedly and recruits to decommit, leaving the new coach with not enough time to secure recruits, since recruiting is a multi year thing. The upside is… people don’t talk about you retiring or something.

Option 2: you announce your retirement at the start of the season, giving the new head coach a full season to prepare, giving players who might transfer plenty of time to do so which then allows you to replace them, and which allows the new head coach to recruit players who will play for him. Of course, then people talk about the fact that you are going to retire. Which is… bad?

On what planet is option 1 the smart way to do it?

It seems that the only people who think that is the way to go is the ones who are convinced Coach K is some villainous mastermind who only said he was retiring so that… what, so a few more articles and video packages about him are made, and he has a few tiny ceremonies before some games… because, you know, he totally hasn’t gotten much attention these last 40+ years. It reeks of bitterness and jealousy. I wish all coaches would do this, so their fans and schools could really have some time to enjoy it and appreciate it for the season.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT