ADVERTISEMENT

Duke @ Clemson

I still stand by the claim that we’re the best team in the country, just had an off night on the road. It happens, you’re not going to go undefeated in conference play.

It’s not that Duke is some great all-time team, it’s just the rest of the field is terrible.

If @Denim Vest ’s squad is our competition, I feel good about our chances of making the Final 4 this year.
You all have two horrible loses. Duke may make the Final Four and be a top team, but "head and shoulders" is beyond homerish, even for you.

You all have two horrible loses. Duke may make the Final Four and be a top team, but "head and shoulders" is beyond homerish, even for you.

I'm with you on the head and shoulders comment - or being in its own tier. But losing to Clemson on the road actually isn't a terrible loss. It's a Quad 1 game. And on top of that, we were playing without 2 key players.

I'm with you on the head and shoulders comment - or being in its own tier. But losing to Clemson on the road actually isn't a terrible loss. It's a Quad 1 game. And on top of that, we were playing without 2 key players.
Gotcha. Just looked at their record last night and remember thinking it wasn't impressive. Winning on the road is hard in conference even against mediocre teams. I've probably jinxed UK going against USC at this point.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
I"ll take the L on "heads and shoulders" above. We were missing 2 key wing players and played on the road after a short rest from Sat night, bad losses happen.

Assuming full health, I just like our roster a lot from a "pieces fit" standpoint. We have an elite PG, a serviceable backup PG, plenty of wing depth and a dominant big man. We're good defensively too so that's usually a formula for success but we"ll see.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I"ll take the L on "heads and shoulders" above. We were missing 2 key wing players and played on the road after a short rest from Sat night, bad losses happen.

Assuming full health, I just like our roster a lot from a "pieces fit" standpoint. We have an elite PG, a serviceable backup PG, plenty of wing depth and a dominant big man. We're good defensively too so that's usually a formula for success but we"ll see.
No argument that Duke is a top team, I just didn't see them, at any point, being way better than another team this year. Very down year for college basketball, even the top teams. I don't even want to predict the seeds that will make the final four.

No argument that Duke is a top team, I just didn't see them, at any point, being way better than another team this year. Very down year for college basketball, even the top teams. I don't even want to predict the seeds that will make the final four.
Dang it hate to agree with you but I cannot see any team that I would put money on to be on FF.Gonna be a hell of a March

Weird. The first thing K commented on was how well Clemson played. I thought after a loss to Clemson you're supposed to have a pity-party and throw your players under the bus? Or is just Roy Williams that does that?

People love to jump on K for the occasional misstep or dumb move, but generally speaking he is pretty complementary of other teams and other players. You watch him in the handshake line, and he spends time with guys on the other team (the chest thump is his usual thing for a kid from another team who did well.) He made sure to go talk to Cawood Ledford after Ledford's last game... how many coaches pay attention to the radio guy from the other team? He's visited the other team in their locker room after they've beaten Duke and complimented them. Sure, like any person at the top of the profession he has some ego and attitude, and he's obviously done and said things he shouldn't have. But overall he tends to be rather complementary and people generally consider him to be a gregarious guy.

If you haven't heard his Sirius show, you've missed out. He is smart and perceptive, and gets some GREAT guests... he's had everyone from Bill Belichick and Tony Bennett and John Madden and Lebron James to Condi Rice and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Marty Dempsey. It's a good listen, especially if you are driving or working out or whatever.

People love to jump on K for the occasional misstep or dumb move, but generally speaking he is pretty complementary of other teams and other players. You watch him in the handshake line, and he spends time with guys on the other team (the chest thump is his usual thing for a kid from another team who did well.) He made sure to go talk to Cawood Ledford after Ledford's last game... how many coaches pay attention to the radio guy from the other team? He's visited the other team in their locker room after they've beaten Duke and complimented them. Sure, like any person at the top of the profession he has some ego and attitude, and he's obviously done and said things he shouldn't have. But overall he tends to be rather complementary and people generally consider him to be a gregarious guy.

If you haven't heard his Sirius show, you've missed out. He is smart and perceptive, and gets some GREAT guests... he's had everyone from Bill Belichick and Tony Bennett and John Madden and Lebron James to Condi Rice and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Marty Dempsey. It's a good listen, especially if you are driving or working out or whatever.
IIRC He had Calipari on his radio show.

So injuries can impact a team?

So injuries can impact a team?

I never said they didn't impact a team. I even said this last week about Anthony's injury...

UNC is 2-4 without Cole Anthony. So maybe if he comes back and you guys can somehow get to .500 in the ACC, there might be a fighting chance at an at-large bid? Doesn't seem likely, but Anthony's injury is obviously a huge component of the team's struggles.

It was just a general question.
I wasn’t trying to call you out or anything.

Of course they can impact a team. Losing Moore and Baker hurts a little bit. Not devastating losses, but it's still noticeable. Baker is arguably our best shooter, and Moore is one of our most versatile players. Goldwire playing 35 minutes a game doesn't help our offense. Going full-court press for an extended period seemed to wear the Duke guys out a bit. Easier to do that with 10 guys.

Of course they can impact a team. Losing Moore and Baker hurts a little bit. Not devastating losses, but it's still noticeable. Baker is arguably our best shooter, and Moore is one of our most versatile players. Goldwire playing 35 minutes a game doesn't help our offense. Going full-court press for an extended period seemed to wear the Duke guys out a bit. Easier to do that with 10 guys.
Oh I agree but a lot of posters on here talk shit when UNC fans bring up Carolina’s injuries.
Guess that has to do with Zion missing the UNC games last year.

I don't think Clemson is a quad 1 team. They're 85 on the rpi.

They’re 75th Net right now. They were 93rd before the win but I guess they technically became Quad 1 because of the result. We’ll see if it sticks.

I was reading about how the NCAA classifies the quads. It stated they use the rpi, not the net for those. Of course I didn't follow up to see if that's changed... Oh yeah they'll jump a lot after beating you guys.

I was reading about how the NCAA classifies the quads. It stated they use the rpi, not the net for those. Of course I didn't follow up to see if that's changed... Oh yeah they'll jump a lot after beating you guys.

Not a duke fan, but yeah, let me know if you verify.

Duke a better three point shooting team this year right?

Whays crazy is not the fact they’ve lost twice but the fact they’ve lost to two bad teams

Whays crazy is not the fact they’ve lost twice but the fact they’ve lost to two bad teams
They only lose to shitty teams, they get up for good teams. Young and dumb.

As far as percentages they’re decent, but I definitely wouldn’t say they’re a good shooting team, per se. Surprisingly good at not getting three happy, though.

They will definitely lose their next game by double digits. Seems to happen every time a team beats Duke that shouldn't in the ACC.
Same thing happens when teams beat UK. Louisville, Ohio State (lost 4 in a row), Evansville (have they even won a game since?). West Virginia after beating our 2010 (John Wall) team, Wisconsin after beating our undefeated team, Indiana after beating our 2016 team (Ulis & Murray), Kansas State after beating our 2018 team, Auburn last year.

Reactions: tw3301
Same thing happens when teams beat UK. Louisville, Ohio State (lost 4 in a row), Evansville (have they even won a game since?). West Virginia after beating our 2010 (John Wall) team, Wisconsin after beating our undefeated team, Indiana after beating our 2016 team (Ulis & Murray), Kansas State after beating our 2018 team, Auburn last year.

West Virginia and Wisconsin both lost to the best team in the country. So probably fair to give them a pass.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Teams get up for the blue bloods. It will always be that way. Apparently a lot of teams are really up for UNC this year. That's my story at least.
This post made me check the ESPN scoreboard to see if yall lost again.

Do you feel like you’re trapped in a black hole like I felt when Louisville went 2-10 in football?

Sort of. I mean, this is two games in a row where UNC actually looked decent and was in control just to crap it away. Of course, none of that really matters when you don't have a PG. It really is the worse case of injuries I've ever seen. I'm sure that doesn't take away from rival fans enjoying it (and it shouldn't).

ADVERTISEMENT