ADVERTISEMENT

Does Duke’s loss tonight count as a home loss?

Matt Laurer

Gold Member
Nov 30, 2017
I’m willing to bet Duke will state it wasn’t a home game so they can brag about non-conference home win streak.

I’m willing to bet Duke will state it wasn’t a home game so they can brag about non-conference home win streak.
Duke's home non conference streak was broken by SFA last year.

I'm sure those cardboard cutout fans gave our freshmen who've barely played in Cameron a massive energy boost vs MSU though.

Duke's home non conference streak was broken by SFA last year.

I'm sure those cardboard cutout fans gave our freshmen who've barely played in Cameron a massive energy boost vs MSU though.
Home team still has the advantage. No travel, you sleep in your own dorm and play on the court you’re used to.

It’s not as big as it usually is but playing a home game is still beneficial.

^^^^ I’ve heard that as well, especially playing in the carrier dome for whatever reason. We were with Cuse in the Beast before the ACC and played them a ton and it’s like we would shoot 20% better at home than the dome. Granted we still kicked their teeth in a few times at the dome, and theyve smacked us at the yum as well.

Reactions: duckboy33
HELL NO! Have y’all not been paying attention? Pete Gaudette will probably get the loss instead of K!

You should probably keep up with actual facts prior to attempting your lame as shit talking game.

But glad to see Duke is in your tiny little pea brain 24/7

Because Duke didn’t want to play a neutral sight game for the Champions Classic because of COVID so instead of beating them in Indy we beat them in Durham.
Geez, wins one game and here talking shit.

It should be a home loss. We've now lost 2 of our last 5 Non-Conf home games. #FireCoachK

When I talk to players, the unfamiliar sight lines in road arenas is one of the first things they mention when talking road games. Not the fans, not the travel. Sight lines.
Especially when they are used to playing in big arenas and not high school gyms. 😁

Reactions: GE Nole
Geez, wins one game and here talking shit.
Not shit talking, just stating facts. There was no trolling of Duke in that post. If you guys lost at home to us its pretty safe to say you probably would have lost neutral sight. That’s an objectively tougher game when you didn’t win the easier one.

I actually don’t hate Duke unlike most MSU fans and every interaction I’ve had with your fan base has been quite positive. I was annoyed when we had to play at Duke for the Champions Classic, but I’m happy now that it was a road game.

I enjoyed playing "find a cut out of a black person in the student section" game throughout the actual game. I was able to find 2, both women.

I enjoyed playing "find a cut out of a black person in the student section" game throughout the actual game. I was able to find 2, both women.
Why would you even do that? Is your life so sad or miserable that you have to look for ways to make yourself upset.

Who is getting bent out of shape. I just asked why you felt the need to bring race into it.

also I guess that EQUALITY stamped to the bottom of their jerseys doesn't apply to cardboard cut outs.

Pretty funny optics at Cameron.

How did you guys swing playing in cam? I personally think the CC should all be played in our own gyms. Screw Neutral site games.

Would be a much cooler atmosphere with the fans, no doubt. K obviously has more clout than just about everyone. I'm guessing he wasn't willing to play in the CC, unless it was played at Cameron. He would be considered high risk, so he might be a little more on edge than the typical coach.

Reactions: toonces11
Would be a much cooler atmosphere with the fans, no doubt. K obviously has more clout than just about everyone. I'm guessing he wasn't willing to play in the CC, unless it was played at Cameron. He would be considered high risk, so he might be a little more on edge than the typical coach.
Totally---I want to see KU jerseys in Cam as much as I want to see Duke jerseys in AFH. It would be epic. As a fan--neutral site games suck, even in the sprint center in KC. The atmospheres never rival CAM or AFH--imo, not even final four games.

Totally---I want to see KU jerseys in Cam as much as I want to see Duke jerseys in AFH. It would be epic. As a fan--neutral site games suck, even in the sprint center in KC. The atmospheres never rival CAM or AFH--imo, not even final four games.

Can't argue with that. We used to play true road games all the time in the 90's. LSU, Michigan, UCLA, Villanova, Oklahoma, Iowa, Georgetown, etc. The intensity of on-campus games is unrivaled. Unfortunately, K is convinced that neutral court sites is the way to go; he believes they simulate a tournament game experience better than anything else. Maybe he's right Idk, but there's nothing quite like a raucous crowd at Cameron, or AFH, or Assembly Hall. It's such a special atmosphere; no NBA franchise could ever match those deafening sounds.

Can't argue with that. We used to play true road games all the time in the 90's. LSU, Michigan, UCLA, Villanova, Oklahoma, Iowa, Georgetown, etc. The intensity of on-campus games is unrivaled. Unfortunately, K is convinced that neutral court sites is the way to go; he believes they simulate a tournament game experience better than anything else. Maybe he's right Idk, but there's nothing quite like a raucous crowd at Cameron, or AFH, or Assembly Hall. It's such a special atmosphere; no NBA franchise could ever match those deafening sounds.
Thats the thing...if nobody has them, then nobody gets a leg up. I've also heard it helps for recruiting but I can't imagine it being that big a deal with how many games are televised.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT