ADVERTISEMENT

Does Coach Cal get fired tonight?

Oakland is a solid team. That being said Cal not going anywhere as long as he continues to get four 5 stars every year. Those Fr. played exactly like Fr. lol but I couldn't help notice the look on those fans faces like oh no not again lmao.

Reactions: cdbearde
I filled one out and it’s pretty wrecked, but I did have UK losing to Texas Tech. I just couldn’t trust their defense.

I think we've had this conversation before but Sampson's run at Houston makes me believe 100% if he didn't get fvcked by y'all/NCAA IU would be still in the national picture.
100% truth. IU would have title #6. His second team @ Indiana was rolling. 22-4, 11-2 when he resigned. Dude was 6 years removed from a FF @ OU.

IU would be a perennial fixture.

Oakland is a solid team. That being said Cal not going anywhere as long as he continues to get four 5 stars every year. Those Fr. played exactly like Fr. lol but I couldn't help notice the look on those fans faces like oh no not again lmao.
Sport Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

Watch, dude will go 1-17 next game
DOubtful…...Dude was second in the nation in 3 point attempts....third in made three's. Shot 38%(122-327). Had one game 1-10(Vs Michigan State)….2-11 game and a 3-12. But dude has had some lights on games---plenty of them. 10-15, 9-12, 9-20.....

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
He’s such a good coach though. No way they can replace him with as talented of a coach.

Let’s be real, Kentucky got screwed by the committee. Just like they did with Saint Peter’s. Teams like them and Oakland are just too good.

Lol.

Why would coach want to go backwards? Its not even a lateral move.

He'd be going to UK not IU chief. And I doubt he would leave, I'd just make him say no.

That’s what good defense can do to shooters.
UKs defense, surprisingly enough, wasn't what lost the game. They played good defense on Goehlke. Out of his 20 three point attempts, only two were uncontested.

Actually, he quite a few fade away 3s, with two guys on him, and even banked one in. For once this season, I actually wasn't overly pissed about the defense.

Being awful offensively, which is surprising as well, is what lost UK the game. They missed two wide open dunks (thanks Edwards), missed wide open layups (thanks again Edwards, and Wagner), missed wide open threes (Reeves hit the side of the backboard on one, Sheppard and Dillingham shot multiple bricks that weren't even close from deep), and had careless TO after careless TO (Sheppard threw two passes into the seats, Reeves had a careless cross court pass at the end of the second half, had no idea what he was thinking).

On top of all of this, Dillingham and Shep were a combined 3/14 from the field. They shrunk big time in the moment. Hard to believe this is the same team that pounded Auburn on the road, Bama at home, and won at UT less then two weeks ago.

Anyways, time for Cal to go.

He'd be going to UK not IU chief. And I doubt he would leave, I'd just make him say no.

The two arent as far apart as you want to believe chief. And I dont think he would leave either.

The two arent as far apart as you want to believe chief. And I dont think he would leave either.

Yes they are LMFAO. The gap is massive, even with Cal's dumb ass at the helm

I just don't see them paying $35 mil or whatever to get rid of a coach and likely lose the recruiting class in the process. Unless there's a slam dunk hire available and willing.

Fans might think they've hit rock bottom, but it can get a lot worse than pulling in top classes every year.

I just don't see them paying $35 mil or whatever to get rid of a coach and likely lose the recruiting class in the process. Unless there's a slam dunk hire available and willing.

Fans might think they've hit rock bottom, but it can get a lot worse than pulling in top classes every year.
They gotta pull the plug at some point...say Cal comes back next yr, and UK has a similar result...maybe they win a game in the tourney, but still don't get outta the first weekend.

Then what? The buyout is still massive, as it would decrease to the upper $20 million range.

Yes, if you let go of Cal now, the recruiting class is gone for next yr. It will be a down yr, for sure...but at least you will have a new coach with some fresh energy that will (hopefully) put the program first.

UK is going nowhere with Cal. The relationship has run its course. Either you hire someone new for next yr and completely hit the refresh button...or you trot Cal out again, who is now basically despised by 95% of a fanbase that is now moving from anger to apathy (which is the worst phase a fanbase can be in), only to win a tourney game or two, if lucky.

Pay the buyout, it is a no brainer to me.

The contract sucks but has a few benefits. The 35 million would be payed out over 5 years. If he is fired he must seek another job(coach, media, anything) and that pay reduces the buyout.

Kentucky could also surpass their results of the last five years by losing their class and restocking through the portal. Cal isn’t as bad as some of the fan base would imply, but we’re now out of the margin of error portion of things. It seems it would be best for both parties.

Not long ago Kentucky in the elite eight was an absolute forgone conclusion. It’s insane how things changed. I hate one and done.

UKs defense, surprisingly enough, wasn't what lost the game. They played good defense on Goehlke. Out of his 20 three point attempts, only two were uncontested.

Actually, he quite a few fade away 3s, with two guys on him, and even banked one in. For once this season, I actually wasn't overly pissed about the defense.

Being awful offensively, which is surprising as well, is what lost UK the game. They missed two wide open dunks (thanks Edwards), missed wide open layups (thanks again Edwards, and Wagner), missed wide open threes (Reeves hit the side of the backboard on one, Sheppard and Dillingham shot multiple bricks that weren't even close from deep), and had careless TO after careless TO (Sheppard threw two passes into the seats, Reeves had a careless cross court pass at the end of the second half, had no idea what he was thinking).

On top of all of this, Dillingham and Shep were a combined 3/14 from the field. They shrunk big time in the moment. Hard to believe this is the same team that pounded Auburn on the road, Bama at home, and won at UT less then two weeks ago.

Anyways, time for Cal to go.
Dude was obviously hitting some very challenging shots, but there was also some bad defensive spacing and guys getting lost. I think they did do a better job on him in the second half.

I just don’t think a lot of your guys quite “got it” this year on that side of the ball. I’ve heard a lot of people say defense is mostly just effort, but that’s not quite true. Spacing, angles, and awareness are also important.

ADVERTISEMENT