ADVERTISEMENT

Damn, SEC....

I know that, obviously. Cal threw Chin a bone to get him off suicide watch.
You shouldn’t have…

Illinois wasn’t going to retain him, but apparently Kentucky can’t attract anything better...

Pretty sure he got the #1 guy in the '23 class, and like 4 of the top 8.

Looking forward to Cal bringing back the youth excuse next season.
Justin Edwards and Wagner are good, but will certainly have growing pains.

Others are top 10 because this class in general is garbage at the top

At least we have a NC in football. Illini sniffs dick in basketball.
Your national title has as much worth as our basketball titles.

Congrats on winning when players could hardly throw a forward pass

I knew it, you're Brad Underwood himself! No wonder you're always so salty.
fhqre12xiainlwc-gif.13805

Look you redneck, do your homework
I did.....The MAJOR wire services,i.e. AP AND Coaches poll ranked Iowa #2. Football Writers awarded Iowa the, ummmmm, "Grantland Rice Trophy"----their version of a "national title". Pretty much CFB's Helms Title... 🤣 ..

Of course there is also the all impressive 1921 Billingsley Report National Title....A ratings system designed in 1970 by a former minister from OKlahoma....🤣.

Even more impressive? Yes, believe it or not, Iowa repeated in 1922...Some 48 years later albeit.

Iowa has never finished #1 in the AP or Coaches Poll-----Yet "has" 5 National Titles.....

Sure....

I did.....The MAJOR wire services,i.e. AP AND Coaches poll ranked Iowa #2. Football Writers awarded Iowa the, ummmmm, "Grantland Rice Trophy"----their version of a "national title". Pretty much CFB's Helms Title... 🤣 ..

Of course there is also the all impressive 1921 Billingsley Report National Title....A ratings system designed in 1970 by a former minister from OKlahoma....🤣.

Even more impressive? Yes, believe it or not, Iowa repeated in 1922...Some 48 years later albeit.

Iowa has never finished #1 in the AP or Coaches Poll-----Yet "has" 5 National Titles.....

Sure....

I said homework, not cut and paste,

Justin Edwards and Wagner are good, but will certainly have growing pains.

Others are top 10 because this class in general is garbage at the top

I’m a UK fan and i don’t even think Wagner is that good. I think we’re going to struggle next season. Just one UK’s fans opinion.

Unless Oscar comes back again. 😎

None of it matters. I’m convinced our ceiling under Cal is top 10 and a final four at best. His lineup and late game decisions are god awful.

It like tubby smith all over. We’ll always be decent under him but i don’t think we’re a real threat anymore.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I’m a UK fan and i don’t even think Wagner is that good. I think we’re going to struggle next season. Just one UK’s fans opinion.
Gonna need a huge jump from Onyenso, Ware, or Collins barring Oscar returning.

Wagner and Dillingham were both inefficient but had nice totals in the EYBL. One of those 2 will need to be a stud day one.

Gonna need a huge jump from Onyenso, Ware, or Collins barring Oscar returning.

Wagner and Dillingham were both inefficient but had nice totals in the EYBL. One of those 2 will need to be a stud day one.
They have Bradshaw coming in too, but he's even more of a toothpick than Collins and Onyenso and all 3 are similar players. Ware sucks. Unless Oscar comes back next season they'll need to hit free agen.....er, the transfer portal for a starting quality 5 man that can hold his ground in the paint.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
They have Bradshaw coming in too, but he's even more of a toothpick than Collins and Onyenso and all 3 are similar players. Ware sucks. Unless Oscar comes back next season they'll need to hit free agen.....er, the transfer portal for a starting quality 5 man that can hold his ground in the paint.
Feel like if you guys get a legit starter at center from the portal, one of Collins/Onyenso is gone. That is unless Cal commits to a true 2 post line-up.

Toppin allows you to do that this year because he can space the floor from 3. Neither Bradshaw or Onyenso have shown they can do that. Collins show’d it some in HS, but it hasn’t translated at all in the limited minutes he’s gotten in college.

It’ll be interesting how it all shakes out. Hell both Oscar and Toppin could come back if their NIL check is big enough.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Feel like if you guys get a legit starter at center from the portal, one of Collins/Onyenso is gone. That is unless Cal commits to a true 2 post line-up.

Toppin allows you to do that this year because he can space the floor from 3. Neither Bradshaw or Onyenso have shown they can do that. Collins show’d it some in HS, but it hasn’t translated at all in the limited minutes he’s gotten in college.

It’ll be interesting how it all shakes out. Hell both Oscar and Toppin could come back if their NIL check is big enough.
Yeah, the front court will be too crowded either way even if it's only Ware, Collins, Onyenso, and Bradshaw. None of those guys are really suited to play the "4" imo, because of limited range and/or offensive ability, but that's what Collins is doing now basically as Toppin's backup. Collins only put up Kevin Durant type numbers in HS because the competition was so weak and he just towered over all the 5'7" white kids he played against. Toppin isn't really a stretch 4 either but he's serviceable enough. He relies more on athleticism than anything and he isn't a huge offensive threat most of the time. Cal may end up playing Livingston more at the 4 than 3 too. If Cal commits to a 2 post line-up I'll just punch myself in the face repeatedly all of next season. I'd much rather see him play with a stretch 4 than setting basketball back another 20 years by clogging up the paint. I think there is a decent chance Oscar will come back again next year because his draft stock will never be very high and he can probably make more NIL money at UK than he could as a 2nd round draft pick or playing overseas. I doubt Toppin comes back either way but who knows. There will be a shake-up in the roster next year though. I would expect a transfer or two, especially if Oscar returns and/or they hit the transfer portal.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah, the front court will be too crowded either way even if it's only Ware, Collins, Onyenso, and Bradshaw. None of those guys are really suited to play the "4" imo, because of limited range and/or offensive ability, but that's what Collins is doing now basically as Toppin's backup. Collins only put up Kevin Durant type numbers in HS because the competition was so weak and he just towered over all the 5'7" white kids he played against. Toppin isn't really a stretch 4 either but he's serviceable enough. He relies more on athleticism than anything and he isn't a huge offensive threat most of the time. Cal may end up playing Livingston more at the 4 than 3 too. If Cal commits to a 2 post line-up I'll just punch myself in the face repeatedly all of next season. I'd much rather see him play with a stretch 4 than setting basketball back another 20 years by clogging up the paint. I think there is a decent chance Oscar will come back again next year because his draft stock will never be very high and he can probably make more NIL money at UK than he could as a 2nd round draft pick or playing overseas. I doubt Toppin comes back either way but who knows. There will be a shake-up in the roster next year though. I would expect a transfer or two, especially if Oscar returns and/or they hit the transfer portal.
Livingston at the 4 most likely will have the most offensive upside of any lineup Cal can put out there. But he’s going to need to be dawg on the glass for it to be an optimal strategy and he’s known for floating on the perimeter a bunch. Hope that light goes off because that’s why he fell in the rankings as a senior.

Collins might have played bad comp, but I expected the range on his jumper to be something that translated. Hell he hardly even attempts a 3 let alone makes em.

Oscar (to me) actually looks like a legit option for NBA teams. He’s not great at guarding on the perimeter as a big ala Evan Mobley style. But he’s serviceable at it and has great recover speed and timing. Along with the fact he has great body control, which allows him to be better as a rim protector at just 6’9.

Really think he could be a Montrezl Harrell type offensively, but with more defensive upside. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he were draft 20-30 in the first round or early second at the latest.

Livingston at the 4 most likely will have the most offensive upside of any lineup Cal can put out there. But he’s going to need to be dawg on the glass for it to be an optimal strategy and he’s known for floating on the perimeter a bunch. Hope that light goes off because that’s why he fell in the rankings as a senior.

Collins might have played bad comp, but I expected the range on his jumper to be something that translated. Hell he hardly even attempts a 3 let alone makes em.

Oscar (to me) actually looks like a legit option for NBA teams. He’s not great at guarding on the perimeter as a big ala Evan Mobley style. But he’s serviceable at it and has great recover speed and timing. Along with the fact he has great body control, which allows him to be better as a rim protector at just 6’9.

Really think he could be a Montrezl Harrell type offensively, but with more defensive upside. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he were draft 20-30 in the first round or early second at the latest.
Yeah, I think Livingston playing at the 4 would definitely give them their best offensive option there. He's got a better jumper than Toppin and likes to attack the rim, which he is better at than Toppin mostly because he has a better handle. Toppin isn't a very good ball-handler and he takes wild shots when he drives a lot of times. He gets loose and gets the ball stripped at a decent clip when he gets in the lane too. Livingston is an adequate rebounder too but would def have trouble with longer/bigger power forwards. Collins has the ability to make long jumpers but I'm kind of glad he never shoots them because there are always 2-3 better options on the floor. I like him most in the mid-range, backdoor lob dunks, and attacking the glass for putbacks. Oscar does have unbelievable footwork and a great feel for the ball. He has a knack for tracking the ball and knowing where it will end up off missed shots. Reads angles well. Those are his greatest skills, imo. I just don't know if he would fit in today's NBA but you never know. He would be undersized as a center and struggles offensively against taller/longer defenders. He's never going to be the guy that's out there launching 3s. He has developed a nice jumper though and I think he's got solid range out to about 18 feet or so which he can hit pretty consistently. He'd still eat rebounds against anyone though and beat the shit out of people trying to score in the paint, at the very least. You're not going to back him down or move him from his spot. He is leaning down this year though and trying to shed a little more weight which will help him in some facets of the game, but I think it's mostly for the long-term health of his knees. He's only around 6-7% body fat right now, so I don't know how much more he'll lose.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Oyenso will be back. He has a lot to work on. Came to UK a year early. Would be his senior year in HS. Bardshaw is here for his defense. Pretty much the same for Collins also. Toppin has just an average bball iq at best. I liked him better last year than this one. He wants to be a star, but that isn't happening.

Livingston plays smart. Does what knows how to do. Wallace is better, but they both make good decisions when it comes to their abilities. And neither are selfish. Cal said Livingston will get the 4 minutes if Toppin and Collins don't rebound lol.

I'm still optimistic about this team. I think we're a bad matchup for the Zags. But they're pissed, hopely our piss is hotter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT