ADVERTISEMENT

Corruption

Supposedly Cohen does have a tape. I believe he was reimbursed through his campaign expense. When Trump comes to those that surround him, I'm not so sure he's that smart. Trump's ego thinks he's untouchable. Look at Rudy. He's a legal mess for Trump.
Rudy seems like an a total dolt. I wouldn't want him speaking for me.

Supposedly Cohen does have a tape. I believe he was reimbursed through his campaign expense. When Trump comes to those that surround him, I'm not so sure he's that smart. Trump's ego thinks he's untouchable. Look at Rudy. He's a legal mess for Trump.

Rudy isn't doing Trump any favors by acting like he know's what's going on. He needs to take a knee.

You disagreeing with me is good. Short term he looked out for people in his tax bracket, long term not so good for the rest of us.
Cool. Good to know you agree with me on your original statement being false and idiotic.

I seem to have noticed a pattern with SNU:

1. Make completely false statement as a matter of fact.
2. His sources are always anecdotal.
3. Get confronted with evidence that he is, in fact, completely wrong.
4. Never acknowledge that he is peddling outright falsehoods as truth.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
No, I never said that. My post is right on, your opinion is just that, it's yours.
You said the country was suffering from Trump not standing up to Putin and alienating our allies. I called that hot garbage. You've yet to provide any shred of backing to that comment.

Yup. I was right. Material impacts. Two small companies isn't going to have a major impact on anything.
Eyeroll Yeah, people losing their livelihood over ill advised tariffs is "no material impact".

Good lord the cognitive dissonance...

Could be. I don't know how all that stuff works.

Eyeroll Yeah, people losing their livelihood over ill advised tariffs is "no material impact".

Good lord the cognitive dissonance...
Lol. 500 people losing their jobs and one small company going out of business. I bet that brings down the whole economy, huh? Jesus, some people are dumb.

I seem to have noticed a pattern with SNU:

1. Make completely false statement as a matter of fact.
2. His sources are always anecdotal.
3. Get confronted with evidence that he is, in fact, completely wrong.
4. Never acknowledge that he is peddling outright falsehoods as truth.
I love liberals. They don't live in the real world. It's fun seeing you try and twist my comments to make it seem like you've got any sense of what's happening. By all means, please, keep it up! It's entertaining.

Lol. 500 people losing their jobs and one small company going out of business. I bet that brings down the whole economy, huh? Jesus, some people are dumb.
Harley Davidson moving operations overseas ring a bell?

The tariffs were just implemented recently. Did you expect huge multinational corporations to fold/move countries in a month? Use your brain, small companies will obviously be the first to be effected.

I love liberals. They don't live in the real world. It's fun seeing you try and twist my comments to make it seem like you've got any sense of what's happening. By all means, please, keep it up! It's entertaining.
I'm a independant registered as republican, hardly a liberal. I just don't buy into the Trump cult. Nice try though.

Reactions: RR30
You haven't proved anything so far.
Your response doesn't make sense. In regards to my comments toward you, I called out one of your posts being idiotic and not real. You haven't provided a thing to back them up which leads me to believe they're just your own little worries and not based in any factual reality.

He's been provided evidence he is wrong. He just want's to stick his head in the sand. Even republicans think the tariffs are stupid, he is obviously just a Trump cheerleader.

Very much so. It seems like he'll call you wrong and won't offer anything on why he thinks he's right.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/harley-davidson-steel-tariffs/

Also, caselabs isn't shutting down due to the tariffs. A 25% tariff was introduced, but their prices increased 80% because the materials they used are in very low supply. Not to mention they defaulted on some accounts, before the tariffs. However it's easier to just blame trump.
That's odd, Caselabs literally said they were shutting down due to the tariffs. I guess you know their business better than they do? Keep reaching.

Your response doesn't make sense. In regards to my comments toward you, I called out one of your posts being idiotic and not real. You haven't provided a thing to back them up which leads me to believe they're just your own little worries and not based in any factual reality.

It makes sense to me so you can call it what you want.

Harley Davidson moving operations overseas ring a bell?

The tariffs were just implemented recently. Did you expect huge multinational corporations to fold/move countries in a month? Use your brain, small companies will obviously be the first to be effected.

I'm a independant registered as republican, hardly a liberal. I just don't buy into the Trump cult. Nice try though.
Oh hey! Look at that. Now you're finally following along. I said we haven't seen any material impacts yet. You flew off the rails citing some small company with minimal layoffs and small company going out of business like that would make a dent in anything related to the economy or the markets. You do realize that the "short term" is generally accepted as being less than a year, right? You realize the tariffs were just implemented, right? I've already expressed that I believe there will be short term pains (based on conversations I've had with numerous traders) so I wasn't disagreeing with you. What I said is I don't believe they will be MATERIAL, clearly you're not smart enough to follow along if you think I was referring to materiality on a personal level. Lol.

Here's an excerpt. Tariffs were just part of a problem. Company was already in trouble. Selling $800 computer cases isn't easy. Again, 25 percent tariff, yet prices went up 80% due to shortages.

We have been forced into bankruptcy and liquidation," CaseLabs said in a statement. "The tariffs have played a major role raising prices by almost 80 percent (partly due to associated shortages), which cut deeply into our margins. The default of a large account added greatly to the problem... We reached out for a possible deal that would allow us to continue on and persevere through these difficult times, but in the end, it didn’t happen."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pc...-been-forced-into-bankruptcy-and-liquidation/

No rebuttal to the Harley Davidson claim? Who announced they were moving operations overseas BEFORE the tariffs, yet are moving due to the tariffs?

Here's an excerpt. Tariffs were just part of a problem. Company was already in trouble. Selling $800 computer cases isn't easy. Again, 25 percent tariff, yet prices went up 80% due to shortages.

We have been forced into bankruptcy and liquidation," CaseLabs said in a statement. "The tariffs have played a major role raising prices by almost 80 percent (partly due to associated shortages), which cut deeply into our margins. The default of a large account added greatly to the problem... We reached out for a possible deal that would allow us to continue on and persevere through these difficult times, but in the end, it didn’t happen."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pc...-been-forced-into-bankruptcy-and-liquidation/

No rebuttal to the Harley Davidson claim? Who announced they were moving operations overseas BEFORE the tariffs, yet are moving due to the tariffs?
Stop using facts when dealing with these folks. They don't like reality.

Oh hey! Look at that. Now you're finally following along. I said we haven't seen any material impacts yet. You flew off the rails citing some small company with minimal layoffs and small company going out of business like that would make a dent in anything related to the economy or the markets. You do realize that the "short term" is generally accepted as being less than a year, right? You realize the tariffs were just implemented, right? I've already expressed that I believe there will be short term pains (based on conversations I've had with numerous traders) so I wasn't disagreeing with you. What I said is I don't believe they will be MATERIAL, clearly you're not smart enough to follow along if you think I was referring to materiality on a personal level. Lol.
You think the effects are going to stop at the people who lost their jobs? What about people who depend on them to spend their salary in the economy? If you think 500 lost jobs in a single community is not "material", I'm sure you weren't excited when Trump was tooting his own horn for "saving" 700 Carrier jobs, right?

For someone who likes to insult peoples intelligence, you don't seem to have a very solid grasp of how economics works.

It makes sense to me so you can call it what you want.
I'll ask one more time. How is the country suffering from Trump not calling out Putin and alienating our allies? Your comment, not mine. It's idiotic and false. You can't back it up.

I'll ask one more time. How is the country suffering from Trump not calling out Putin and alienating our allies? Your comment, not mine. It's idiotic and false. You can't back it up.

And I'll ask again, offer some info to prove your point.

1. The first sentence you bolded says the tariffs are to blame, are you being serious right now? The default of a large account "added greatly to the problem". As in it was not the main cause of the problem.

2. From my link earlier in the thread:
Harley-Davidson announced it would be moving some of its U.S. production elsewhere after retaliatory tariffs from the European Union raised U.S. motorcycle tariffs from 6% to 31%, adding nearly $2,200 to the average cost of one of its bikes. The company has not said how many jobs will be affected by this move.

Care to try again?

You think the effects are going to stop at the people who lost their jobs? What about people who depend on them to spend their salary in the economy? If you think 500 lost jobs in a single community is not "material", I'm sure you weren't excited when Trump was tooting his own horn for "saving" 700 Carrier jobs, right?

For someone who likes to insult peoples intelligence, you don't seem to have a very solid grasp of how economics works.
Oh Jesus. Now you're trying to bring "materiality" to the community level when I already corrected you that I wasn't referring to it on a personal level? Maybe I'll try this again. I mentioned materiality as it pertains to the US ECONOMY, not personal, not a small community, not a group of friends, not a small town. Good God. It's like I'm talking with children.

And I'll ask again, offer some info to prove your point.
Prove my point about your comment being nothing more than your opinion and not rooted in fact? Lol. That's even dumber than your other comment. Burden of proof is on you chief. You made the false comment.

Prove my point about your comment being nothing more than your opinion and not rooted in fact? Lol. That's even dumber than your other comment. Burden of proof is on you chief. You made the false comment.

You said I'm wrong, offer up some info to prove you're right, it's not that hard skippy. LOL

Oh Jesus. Now you're trying to bring "materiality" to the community level when I already corrected you that I wasn't referring to it on a personal level? Maybe I'll try this again. I mentioned materiality as it pertains to the US ECONOMY, not personal, not a small community, not a group of friends, not a small town. Good God. It's like I'm talking with children.
RollLaughManufacturers being forced to shut down over the tariffs is not a material effect now? How many people have to be laid off for it to count as a material effect? Good god you argue like a clown.

What are these "long term gains" you are looking for? A return to a manufacturing based economy? You realize we have moved/are moving away from that for good reason right? America's economy is about ideas and innovation, not producing widgets 5% cheaper than the next country. The tariffs will do nothing but hasten that process, which will be painful for large segments of our population.

RollLaughManufacturers being forced to shut down over the tariffs is not a material effect now? How many people have to be laid off for it to count as a material effect? Good god you argue like a clown.
You have shown two small companies impacted in some form by tariffs and all of a sudden that's going to bring down the US economy. Lol.

You have shown two small companies impacted in some form by tariffs and all of a sudden that's going to bring down the US economy. Lol.
Care to answer the questions posed? I am guessing not. And when did I say the economy would come crashing down? Nice strawman. You can hurt the economy without crashing it, genius.

People who think everyone that thinks Trump is a problem is just a Trump hater is hillarious. Some of us care about Presidential decorum, the rule of law, and his constant lies to the American public.
we should impeach every politician that has ever been elected if that's what's really bothering you. Good thing Hillary didn't get elected after she accidentally hired someone to purge thousands of e-mails.

Look I get it, Trump is hard to take on twitter and some shit he says is just... dumb. But other than that most people just want him out because they don't like him not because he's doing some terrible job... because he isn't.

If he's guilty, impeach him but if you think the political divide is bad now just wait until Trump gets booted out of office.

Reactions: SNU0821
we should impeach every politician that has ever been elected if that's what's really bothering you. Good thing Hillary didn't get elected after she accidentally hired someone to purge thousands of e-mails.

Look I get it, Trump is hard to take on twitter and some shit he says is just... dumb. But other than that most people just want him out because they don't like him not because he's doing some terrible job... because he isn't.

If he's guilty, impeach him but if you think the political divide is bad now just wait until Trump gets booted out of office.
It'll be significantly worse if he gets impeached. That's one reason why I actually don't think it'll happen. I think the politicians know it.

Yikes. More coming. But it shouldn't be surprising... Donald literally gave a speech where he promised some dirt coming on Hillary just a few days before the meeting with Russian operatives who were representing Moscow.

Once again, follow the link above and let me know of a single President that has ever outright lied to the American public at the rate of Trump. Aside from that, you may think others lying excuses it, I and most rational people realize it doesn't. Two wrongs don't make a right is taught at a pretty young age.

Also, yes I would be fine with kicking out anyone who knowingly lies to America while representing them, aside from national security reasons.

Edit: plus i havent even touched on the obvious obstruction of justice.

No major politician has ever lied like Trump. And if one of those lies happen to involve working with the Russian government and its operatives to win the election for President... thats incredible. And thats what is being said.

The "well, every politician is the same!!!" line is SO old, and often a refuge of low information, unwilling-to-critically-think people.

Last edited:
Rudy seems like an a total dolt. I wouldn't want him speaking for me.

I am often amazed by who Trump picks to be around him. So many of them are just... terrible. And obviously so. But there is a ton of chatter that people with real political aspirations have stayed away from Trump because they know it would only hurt their potential. Guys like Kelly, I think, are just doing what they can to keep things from collapsing, for the good of the American people.

You see that quote, about Donald being pissed at Rudy for not taking AG and holding out for SecState? And that if Rudy had just taken the AG role none of this would be happening?

No one's hating. Trump is full of drama and contradictions and you know this so you expect no one to call him out on this? The country is already suffering from him not standing up to Putin and alienating our allies to name a few. Again we'll see how this shakes out.

please explain how Trump meeting with Putin is making our country suffer
how has he alienated our allies other then telling them we are no longer the piggy bank of the world

i agree with Trump on making fair and equal trade
no one wants to pay their fair share but as taxpayers we do every day, why should our allies get a free pass on paying their fair share

ADVERTISEMENT