ADVERTISEMENT

Corruption

It’s not that. Cohen dropped the dime on Trump so the lies are starting to catch up to him. The Mueller report will have all the info on Russia.

i strongly believe that if Mueller had anything on Trump/Russia it would already be out there

nothing is going to come from any of this other then two guys that broke the law getting punished

all the Trump haters need to quit touching themselves, he will not get impeached and he will get elected for his second term

why would anyone be foolish enough to believe anything Cohen says

Reactions: SNU0821
First off... the New York Times:

Fox News, right now.

8_DDAA239-_E408-4_B22-_AB07-_A9_A176974_F89.png
OH MY GOD!

i strongly believe that if Mueller had anything on Trump/Russia it would already be out there

nothing is going to come from any of this other then two guys that broke the law getting punished

all the Trump haters need to quit touching themselves, he will not get impeached and he will get elected for his second term

This is a silly response.

First no, if there was anything on Trump it wouldn’t be out there. That’s not the way this sort of thing, with this sort of investigator, works.

Second, you don’t know any more than anyone else about what is going to happen. Take, for example, this tweet from a person who knows a lot more than either of us:

When someone like that posts something like that, it’s worth listening. We don’t know if anything will come of it, but when it’s followed by Cohens lawyer saying that Cohen wants to open up to Mueller, and that he has things of interest... well, stating definitively that nothing will come of it is foolish.

Nobody is touching themselves.

We don’t know if he will be impeached.

We don’t know if he will be around to run again, if he will run again, or if he would win again.

And there is nothing that makes Cohen any less believable than, say, Donald.

I agree with this to a point. I think that if Mueller comes back with anything short of definitive, provable collusion, we won't see anything that really does much in the way of hurting Trump. May have an impact on the midterms or his 2020 campaign, but in terms of impeachment, I don't think we'll see anything major happen. But to your point, first, I don't think Mueller charges him with anything (not sure if he can, correct me if that's wrong) so it'll just be in the report he writes. Being that it'll just be in the report, the Republicans will say "nothing to see here" and the Dems will be gouging their eyes out claiming it was the worst thing in the history of the world. We'll be in the same spot we are now.

A sitting president can't be charged and indicted. Mueller will prepare his report. Then its up to the house for impeachment in November. After impeachment, indictments can take place.

If its proven the 2 gals were paid off with campaign money, then its a crime. If its personal money, no crime has been committed.

I agree with this to a point. I think that if Mueller comes back with anything short of definitive, provable collusion, we won't see anything that really does much in the way of hurting Trump. May have an impact on the midterms or his 2020 campaign, but in terms of impeachment, I don't think we'll see anything major happen. But to your point, first, I don't think Mueller charges him with anything (not sure if he can, correct me if that's wrong) so it'll just be in the report he writes. Being that it'll just be in the report, the Republicans will say "nothing to see here" and the Dems will be gouging their eyes out claiming it was the worst thing in the history of the world. We'll be in the same spot we are now.
Charges don’t need to be filed for the pressure to be felt. He has obstructed in both the campaign finance violation as well as the Mueller investigation. He knows it and as the irrefutable evidence becomes known, the members of the house will have no choice but to put pressure on him to resign.

Will he fight that? Wiould that hurt Pence and the GOP? Will that bring them to seek impeachment?

The DOJ has stated it feels a sitting president shouldn’t be indicted. There is nothing however, other than belief, that is preventing them from indicting Trump.

Bottom line. This, poking the libs to get a reaction experiment has gone awry and not only are the GOP and the U.S. likely to suffer from it, the entire world will suffer as we continue to provide less and less leadership.

If I were wanting to stir up distrust and hatred against a rival country, say a super power for instance, I would want exactly what’s happening now to become reality.

Sad period for our nation.

Mueller is working on his time table, take your time do it right type of thing. No one is touching themselves, sounds to me you're a little salty because Trump is feeling some heat and this is just the beginning IMO. Now you maybe right when it's all said and done but you can't deny he's feeling the pressure of this.

Reactions: Quavarius
It’s funny, because I think the GOP would cut ties with Donald in a second... Pence is a true conservative, was a popular member of the Legislative Branch, and could get things done.

The only thing in the way is the Trump base. They’d get so upset, and that would cost the GOP in midterms.

The adults in the room get it... but the kids are the ones who vote:)

Btw, you see Paul Ryan’s quote a few weeks ago, about working with Trump?

Many have criticized Ryan for his soft approach to criticizing the president’s controversial moves, as he rarely speaks directly in opposition to President Donald Trump’s statements, but the speaker says he’s helped to avoid “tragedy” behind the scenes.

“I can look myself in the mirror at the end of the day and say I avoided that tragedy, I avoided that tragedy, I avoided thattragedy,” said Ryan.

When asked exactly what tragedies he’s helped avoided, Ryan returned to his tactical silence: “No, I don’t want to do that,” he told the Times. “That’s more than I usually say.”

http://fortune.com/2018/08/07/paul-ryan-avoid-tragedy-nytimes-interview/

Reactions: Quavarius
I think it’s hillarious that the left wants trump gone so they can have pence lmao. No one wants that. Not even you guys. But it will be funny either way. They think they hate trump just wait until they get an actual conservative.

Mueller is working on his time table, take your time do it right type of thing. No one is touching themselves, sounds to me you're a little salty because Trump is feeling some heat and this is just the beginning IMO. Now you maybe right when it's all said and done but you can't deny he's feeling the pressure of this.
not salty at all
this is just the SOS different day from the Trump haters
they always have a smoking gun, they always have this, they always have that
in the meantime our country and economy is doing great

some would gladly hope he fails and our country suffer, then to have the prosperity we are enjoying because of Trump

Reactions: tw3301 and SNU0821
not salty at all
this is just the SOS different day from the Trump haters
they always have a smoking gun, they always have this, they always have that
in the meantime our country and economy is doing great

some would gladly hope he fails and our country suffer, then to have the prosperity we are enjoying because of Trump

No one's hating. Trump is full of drama and contradictions and you know this so you expect no one to call him out on this? The country is already suffering from him not standing up to Putin and alienating our allies to name a few. Again we'll see how this shakes out.

People who think everyone that thinks Trump is a problem is just a Trump hater is hillarious. Some of us care about Presidential decorum, the rule of law, and his constant lies to the American public.

People who think everyone that thinks Trump is a problem is just a Trump hater is hillarious. Some of us care about Presidential decorum, the rule of law, and his constant lies to the American public.

I thought Americans got used to this from their president a long time ago.

"Honest" Abe was a long time ago.

Reactions: keith37
Yes, but Bush actually believed the information given to him by his advisers (IMO). Being wrong doesn't make you a liar.
So what's worse? A gullible liar or a calculating one?

nvm. This is your all's territory. Not getting sucked in. Peace.

A sitting president can't be charged and indicted. Mueller will prepare his report. Then its up to the house for impeachment in November. After impeachment, indictments can take place.

If its proven the 2 gals were paid off with campaign money, then its a crime. If its personal money, no crime has been committed.
This is where I'm at. Unless there are tapes of Trump explicitly instructing Cohen to pay with campaign funds, I would think Trump could use the defense of he assumed it would be personal funds. That again, is my guess. I would think (taking a big leap of faith here) Trump is smart enough to NOT use campaign funds expressly. But who knows. I don't think this is a huge deal in the end.

Charges don’t need to be filed for the pressure to be felt. He has obstructed in both the campaign finance violation as well as the Mueller investigation. He knows it and as the irrefutable evidence becomes known, the members of the house will have no choice but to put pressure on him to resign.

Will he fight that? Wiould that hurt Pence and the GOP? Will that bring them to seek impeachment?

The DOJ has stated it feels a sitting president shouldn’t be indicted. There is nothing however, other than belief, that is preventing them from indicting Trump.

Bottom line. This, poking the libs to get a reaction experiment has gone awry and not only are the GOP and the U.S. likely to suffer from it, the entire world will suffer as we continue to provide less and less leadership.

If I were wanting to stir up distrust and hatred against a rival country, say a super power for instance, I would want exactly what’s happening now to become reality.

Sad period for our nation.
I agree this is a sad period in time for our country. I think politicians (both sides) aren't trustworthy and are completely partisan. It's overtaking peoples lives and it's damaging our country. I don't think this was brought on solely by Trump, he just escalated it to an extreme level.

My problem is I like his policies, but dislike him as a person. The democratic policies are so far from what I would vote for that it puts me (and I suspect millions of other republicans) in a bind. I think Trump is a douche, but his policies are night and day better than what Hillary or any current Democrat thinking of running would put forward. So I'm left with voting for a douche simply because I like his policies. It sucks, but that is where I stand.

No one's hating. Trump is full of drama and contradictions and you know this so you expect no one to call him out on this? The country is already suffering from him not standing up to Putin and alienating our allies to name a few. Again we'll see how this shakes out.
How, exactly is the country "suffering" from him not directly standing up to Putin in that conference? He's put on more Russian sanctions than Obama, if I'm not mistaken. This is the dumb liberal drivel that republicans like me hate. It's pure hot garbage.

Reactions: mebeblue2
How, exactly is the country "suffering" from him not directly standing up to Putin in that conference? He's put on more Russian sanctions than Obama, if I'm not mistaken. This is the dumb liberal drivel that republicans like me hate. It's pure hot garbage.
Well, Russia didn't poison a spy until Trump was in office, so it would be hard for Obama to sanction them over that...

Aside from that, Trump was/is ignoring the sanctions placed on Russia over the poisoning according to the (Republican) Foreign Affairs Chair. Sanctions only matter if you actually enforce them. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...-ignoring-sanctions-russia-former-spy-n894961

Face to face Trump was a bitch which leads to another can of worms. Also look how long it took him to put sanctions on Russia.

Face to face Trump was a bitch which leads to another can of worms. Also look how long it took him to put sanctions on Russia.
Good. So you agree that your comment was hot garbage with absolutely zero backing. More liberal nonsense. The country isn't "suffering" from Trump not saying exactly what the liberals wanted him to say in that press conference.

Good. So you agree that your comment was hot garbage with absolutely zero backing. More liberal nonsense. The country isn't "suffering" from Trump not saying exactly what the liberals wanted him to say in that press conference.

No, hot truth. The entire country was waiting for him to do just that. He was dragging his feet and when he and Putin got together Trump kissed his ass. One wonders what Putin has on Trump. I imagine his tax returns will shed some light on that.

Reactions: GG24
This is a silly response.

First no, if there was anything on Trump it wouldn’t be out there. That’s not the way this sort of thing, with this sort of investigator, works.

Second, you don’t know any more than anyone else about what is going to happen. Take, for example, this tweet from a person who knows a lot more than either of us:

When someone like that posts something like that, it’s worth listening. We don’t know if anything will come of it, but when it’s followed by Cohens lawyer saying that Cohen wants to open up to Mueller, and that he has things of interest... well, stating definitively that nothing will come of it is foolish.

Nobody is touching themselves.

We don’t know if he will be impeached.

We don’t know if he will be around to run again, if he will run again, or if he would win again.

And there is nothing that makes Cohen any less believable than, say, Donald.
Yeah, but why the firm handshake as you stare into its eye? That's touching..

I agree this is a sad period in time for our country. I think politicians (both sides) aren't trustworthy and are completely partisan. It's overtaking peoples lives and it's damaging our country. I don't think this was brought on solely by Trump, he just escalated it to an extreme level.

My problem is I like his policies, but dislike him as a person. The democratic policies are so far from what I would vote for that it puts me (and I suspect millions of other republicans) in a bind. I think Trump is a douche, but his policies are night and day better than what Hillary or any current Democrat thinking of running would put forward. So I'm left with voting for a douche simply because I like his policies. It sucks, but that is where I stand.
This how I hear lifelong conservatives describe their decision. For me, I couldn’t abandon my principles and what I know to be right for a few tax cuts and a Supreme Court nominee.

If you don’t think the country is suffering from his unilateral actions that flip decades old alliances and policies, then perhaps you should speak to some farmers.

You work in futures. How confident are you that the bottom isn’t going to drop at any time? Don’t forget to consider the division in country, or the new divisions world wide due to recent policy. Longest bull market, heavily reliant on technology, literally weeks away from the largest loss of wealth in history in that very sector?

This whole thing is just waiting on a careless smoker to drop their butt in this mess.

No, hot truth. The entire country was waiting for him to do just that. He was dragging his feet and when he and Putin got together Trump kissed his ass. One wonders what Putin has on Trump. I imagine his tax returns will shed some light on that.

PEE TAPE

The simple fact that Trump chose a guy like Manafort to head his campaign should be enough information for just about anyone to realize he has no interest in integrity. That’s the biggest red flag about Trump. Scary to think that Presidents set precedents and this guy is a President.

This how I hear lifelong conservatives describe their decision. For me, I couldn’t abandon my principles and what I know to be right for a few tax cuts and a Supreme Court nominee.

If you don’t think the country is suffering from his unilateral actions that flip decades old alliances and policies, then perhaps you should speak to some farmers.

You work in futures. How confident are you that the bottom isn’t going to drop at any time? Don’t forget to consider the division in country, or the new divisions world wide due to recent policy. Longest bull market, heavily reliant on technology, literally weeks away from the largest loss of wealth in history in that very sector?

This whole thing is just waiting on a careless smoker to drop their butt in this mess.
Capital markets, yes, not just futures specifically. I don't think the bottom will drop out, but then again my definition of that may be different than your own. I could see a pullback of 10% or so at some point. The yield curve is relatively flat which is an indicator that a recession could be on the horizon (not guaranteed). Overall, I think it's clear the markets are in favor of Trump's pro-growth policies which is why you see muted responses to some of the political headlines from the markets. Given how strong corporate earnings have been this cycle along, dampened fears on tariffs/trade and the recent GDP growth number, I don't anticipate any significant pullback without a major catalyst.

Also, it goes further on policies than just tax cuts and a Supreme Court nominee for Republicans like myself. I'm sure you were just generalizing, but wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't just those two things for me.

I understand what you’re saying but think you’re looking at short term gains over long term damage. You look at the market and see they are high, so ask why change it. But if short term gains mean long term losses and possible irreversible damage then it’s not in anyone’s financial interest.

That's your opinion and I disagree with it.

AGAIN, how is the country "suffering" because of his lack of comments at the Putin presser? Or are you going to continue to avoid responding to that because you know it was a flat out idiotic false statement?

I understand what you’re saying but think you’re looking at short term gains over long term damage. You look at the market and see they are high, so ask why change it. But if short term gains mean long term losses and possible irreversible damage then it’s not in anyone’s financial interest.
What's the driver of the long term damage? Trade seems to be going alright. It's a sort of uncharted territory the way Trump is approaching it. Talking with traders, they all believe the exact opposite from strictly a finance perspective (I assume you're talking about more damage than just financial). They believe that the tariffs and trade talks could cause short term pain for long term success. But overall, what long term damage are you referring to?

What's the driver of the long term damage? Trade seems to be going alright. It's a sort of uncharted territory the way Trump is approaching it. Talking with traders, they all believe the exact opposite from strictly a finance perspective (I assume you're talking about more damage than just financial). They believe that the tariffs and trade talks could cause short term pain for long term success. But overall, what long term damage are you referring to?
One huge aspect of the long term damage is companies being forced to lay off employees or completely shutdown over tariffs on raw materials. In trying to save the tiny (compared to the world) American steel companies, he is harming American companies. Many companies than can afford to do so are moving their production away from the United States where their raw materials aren't artificially high due to tariffs on our "closest allies", those that cannot or will not move out of country have some hard choices to make, none of which are good.

Lets not forget he called Canada a national security threat, but he won't say a bad word about Russia.

One huge aspect of the long term damage is companies being forced to lay off employees or completely shutdown over tariffs on raw materials. In trying to save the tiny (compared to the world) American steel companies, he is harming American companies. Many companies than can afford to do so are moving their production away from the United States where their raw materials aren't artificially high due to tariffs on our "closest allies", those that cannot or will not move out of country have some hard choices to make, none of which are good.

Lets not forget he called Canada a national security threat, but he won't say a bad word about Russia.
We haven't seen any material impact from tariffs like you outlined. Again, short term pain for long term benefits. That's what I hear most financial people say in terms of the trade war/tariffs deal.

That's your opinion and I disagree with it.

AGAIN, how is the country "suffering" because of his lack of comments at the Putin presser? Or are you going to continue to avoid responding to that because you know it was a flat out idiotic false statement?

You disagreeing with me is good. Short term he looked out for people in his tax bracket, long term not so good for the rest of us.

The assumption of long term success on trade assumes the US government has stability and there is confidence in the US dollar. The danger of Trump is that by eroding ethical standards that it will become commonplace longterm. And all politicians should be held to same standards, regardless of party.

I’m not talking about morality either, but erosions in any confidence in the President to act with integrity. The difference between Clinton getting a blowjob and Trump possibly being involved in collusion, finance violations and selling political appointments are fundamental to democracy.

We have to hold Trump accountable for campaign violations even if the markets are up. If he’s guilty of any of it, he has to be held accountable. We can’t even take market behavior into that reasoning because that’s just the market right now.

We haven't seen any material impact from tariffs like you outlined. Again, short term pain for long term benefits. That's what I hear most financial people say in terms of the trade war/tariffs deal.
Uhh... you are completely wrong. We absolutely have seen both layoffs and companies shut down due to tariffs. Links when I get back to my desktop.

Reactions: ZonaCat2301
This is where I'm at. Unless there are tapes of Trump explicitly instructing Cohen to pay with campaign funds, I would think Trump could use the defense of he assumed it would be personal funds. That again, is my guess. I would think (taking a big leap of faith here) Trump is smart enough to NOT use campaign funds expressly. But who knows. I don't think this is a huge deal in the end.

Supposedly Cohen does have a tape. I believe he was reimbursed through his campaign expense. When Trump comes to those that surround him, I'm not so sure he's that smart. Trump's ego thinks he's untouchable. Look at Rudy. He's a legal mess for Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT