ADVERTISEMENT

Corruption

Because he’s not Trump. Assuming his comment had any racial undertones is wrong, IMO.

Well, maybe, maybe not. We'll never know because he's not going to admit it if I'm right.

At least you seem to agree that it's a Trumpian tactic..

DeSantis using that choice of words was no accident. It was strategy, taken straight out of the Trump playbook.

-Use a racially insensitive word or phrase when talking about black person, in this case, his opponent
-Wait for the 'liberal media' to respond to it
-Exploit the predictable liberal outrage to enrage Trump's base, which will motivate them to vote

Elements of both sides getting played, to republican advantage. Or at least that's the intent.

Good lord you are stupid

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:
To bad you can't play us 11 times a year, huh? Michigan's 1-17 vs ranked opponents , on the road. 1-6 vs OSU, MSU and ND. Maybe Jim should push to play just Indiana?
Congrats on the record vs IU in football.
Now....could you post their record vs IU in basketball?:D

To bad you can't play us 11 times a year, huh? Michigan's 1-17 vs ranked opponents , on the road. 1-6 vs OSU, MSU and ND. Maybe Jim should push to play just Indiana?
Congrats on the record vs IU in football.
Now....could you post their record vs IU in basketball?:D

indiana3.jpg

Michigan.jpg

With Kavanaugh’a hearing starting this week, what are everyone’s thoughts on the process? Think he’ll make it through or nah?

What a POS. I mean, you’d think a black woman would know better than to throw around racial slurs. I see she got creamed in the election... did she know she was behind and just try to stoke racial tensions between blacks and Asians in a desperate attempt to get votes? Or did she just do it out of being disgusting?

as i stated earlier
it is pathetic when anyone uses race for political reason

that women is a straight up racist

With Kavanaugh’a hearing starting this week, what are everyone’s thoughts on the process? Think he’ll make it through or nah?

he is going to make it and he should
he may be the most qualified since Thomas
we all know how the Dems treated Thomas, so expect the same

Reactions: SNU0821
But what? Did someone say there were no idiot Democrats, or no racist Democrats? I certainly don’t recall anyone ever saying that.
Ok. Exact response expected. But, but..."I/we never said .......". And who cares about their political affiliation? Racism is racism. Right...Left...Democrat...Republican. That's irrelevant. And it's also the problem. We are to busy worrying about who's worse: Republicans or Democrats. Left or rights. This wing or that wing. It's s people problem. Not a political affiliation problem.

Ok. Exact response expected. But, but..."I/we never said .......". And who cares about their political affiliation? Racism is racism. Right...Left...Democrat...Republican. That's irrelevant. And it's also the problem. We are to busy worrying about who's worse: Republicans or Democrats. Left or rights. This wing or that wing. It's s people problem. Not a political affiliation problem.

Wait wait wait.

Meblue, who is pretty right wing, posts a story about a Democrat being a POS. We all know it was posted because it was a black Democrat, considering he has never posted anything about any Republican saying anything.

Fine. I respond by saying what a douche bag. No mention of political parties or trying to excuse it or anything else. Just a straight up response.

You write “but but but” which is clear in its implication... “but you always say Democrats aren’t racist!” or something political.

And when I say “sure there are asshole Dems, would never say otherwise”... suddenly it is irrelevant what party someone is, and it’s ME causing the issues and making it political?

That’s seems like a pretty a dishonest take.

And it is both a people problem AND a political problem.

Last edited:
Dat, this is bullshit and you know it. Maybe if you took the time to read the posts where I've tried to agree with you on things you would realize that. But again, you only nit pick which posts to respond to, the ones where you can belittle people who don't agree with you. Whatever, dude.
I must have missed those posts hidden among all the posts where you take cheap shots and criticize hyperbolically. Now you want to play the butt-hurt hypocrite? lol

I stand behind it, and when dealing with someone who brags about how little he actually knows, I don't have to expend much energy defending it.

Wait wait wait.

Meblue, who is pretty right wing, posts a story about a Democrat being a POS. We all know it was posted because it was a black Democrat, considering he has never posted anything about any Republican saying anything.

Fine. I respond by saying what a douche bag. No mention of political parties or trying to excuse it or anything else. Just a straight up response.

You write “but but but” which is clear in its implication... “but you always say Democrats aren’t racist!” or something political.

And when I say “sure there are asshole Dems, would never say otherwise”... suddenly it is irrelevant what party someone is, and it’s ME causing the issues and making it political?

i posted it because the Dems love to call Republicans racist
apparently a lot of Dems ignore their own history
go read how the Dems and the KKK worked together to get prohibition passed
now ask yourself why they got the KKK to help and why the KKK accepted to help

What a POS. I mean, you’d think a black woman would know better than to throw around racial slurs. I see she got creamed in the election... did she know she was behind and just try to stoke racial tensions between blacks and Asians in a desperate attempt to get votes? Or did she just do it out of being disgusting?
Agreed. Glad to hear she got whipped. That's justice.

I wonder when any conservative here will ever give a similar response to a story about something terrible a Republican says...

i posted it because the Dems love to call Republicans racist
apparently a lot of Dems ignore their own history
go read how the Dems and the KKK worked together to get prohibition passed
now ask yourself why they got the KKK to help and why the KKK accepted to help

Oh I knew why you posted it.

Thanks, we all know about history.

And the 20s and 50s have nothing to do with where the parties are today. Obviously.

And I know the Republicans will disagree, but I see one side using negative, fear based race politics more than the other... Build that wall, don’t let Muslims in the country, illegals killed that girl and we need to stop them, Muslims want to create sharia law, Black lives matter is a bunch of terrorists, and so on and so forth.

I know the Republicans will disagree, so don’t bother saying so :)

Agreed. Glad to hear she got whipped. That's justice.

I wonder when any conservative here will ever give a similar response to a story about something terrible a Republican says...

See, I find the issue is not that… Generally the people here, the conservatives I mean, will criticize the people who do the obvious racist stuff.

I think the issues are a) when they do not understand and/or acknowledge the more subtle racism, and b) when they deny that elements of the Republican Party are specifically using race and fear to rile up their base.

He posted before your stupid "but but but" post vehemently criticizing the woman in the article without qualification.

See, I find the issue is not that… Generally the people here, the conservatives I mean, will criticize the people who do the obvious racist stuff.

I think the issues are a) when they do not understand and/or acknowledge the more subtle racism, and b) when they deny that elements of the Republican Party are specifically using race and fear to rile up their base.
They've defended "monkey it up" like it's the most natural and innocent saying ever and remembering historical slurs is the problem. That's their MO, as far as I'm concerned. They've had to do that so often to rationalize their support of our President they've completely lost their moral compass. It's about nothing but choosing sides and fighting to win whether right or wrong.

He posted before your stupid "but but but" post vehemently criticizing the woman in the article without qualification.
I didn't respond to him . He responded to me. The, "but, but, but....post wasn t in response to him. So , I mean, there is that. Right? Man you are full of hate and vile.

Wait wait wait.

None of my post are polotical. I'm not a democrat..a republican. A right, left , center this or that. Never habe been. Nothing I post has any political affiliation.
My goodness how many times do I have to say this?

None of my post are polotical. I'm not a democrat..a republican. A right, left , center this or that. Never habe been. Nothing I post has any political affiliation.
My goodness how many times do I have to say this?

It doesn’t matter what you are registered as, the way a person speaks and believes is what matters. The way you speak and believe tends to hew closer to the right than the left, and I’ve seen you repeatedly go after the leftie people and almost never go after righties. It’s thoughts and actions that matter, not party.

And why don’t you explain what you meant by the “but but but” post?

They've defended "monkey it up" like it's the most natural and innocent saying ever and remembering historical slurs is the problem. That's their MO, as far as I'm concerned. They've had to do that so often to rationalize their support of our President they've completely lost their moral compass. It's about nothing but choosing sides and fighting to win whether right or wrong.

I have to admit, I am on the fence on the monkeying it up thing. Could’ve just been a turn of phrase, although the fact that he used it running against a black politician seems pretty bad... subconscious maybe?

Now that one who called the kneeling NFL players baboons… That was pretty obvious.

Oh I knew why you posted it.

Thanks, we all know about history.

And the 20s and 50s have nothing to do with where the parties are today. Obviously.

And I know the Republicans will disagree, but I see one side using negative, fear based race politics more than the other... Build that wall, don’t let Muslims in the country, illegals killed that girl and we need to stop them, Muslims want to create sharia law, Black lives matter is a bunch of terrorists, and so on and so forth.

I know the Republicans will disagree, so don’t bother saying so :)

Shumar, Pelosi and Waters use fear as their only option

to say only one side does it is nothing but a blatant lie
both sides do it
the left has been using it as their main attack on Trump since collusion is not working

i do want you to tell me if when the season starts are you going to continue this political garbage or should i just go ahead and put you back on ignore the first day of the season?

Reactions: mathboy
I have to admit, I am on the fence on the monkeying it up thing. Could’ve just been a turn of phrase, although the fact that he used it running against a black politician seems pretty bad... subconscious maybe?

Now that one who called the kneeling NFL players baboons… That was pretty obvious.
What about calling mechanics "grease monkeys"? They are notorious for wearing black face.

Shumar, Pelosi and Waters use fear as their only option

to say only one side does it is nothing but a blatant lie
both sides do it
the left has been using it as their main attack on Trump since collusion is not working

i do want you to tell me if when the season starts are you going to continue this political garbage or should i just go ahead and put you back on ignore the first day of the season?

I never said "only one side" uses fear and race. I am pretty precise when I think and type. Again:

I see one side using negative, fear based race politics more than the other

As I said, you can disagree all you want. I gave a bunch of nationally-recognized issues that reflect actual government policy from the highest position in our government and official statements from our President. I don't think you will be able to find the equivalent from the left.

Criticism of how race is used to divide has not been the "main attack" from the left; it has been a consistent criticism from both left AND right. Sorry.

And I have no idea why you say that "collusion" "is not working." Have you not, like... kept up with the news at all?

BTW... Schumer. With a "c". I imagine you don't read a lot about politics, so haven't seen the name written often. I suggest trying it... you get better stuff than watching.

And fear not, I doubt we'll be discussing politics when the season starts. Thank god. I am not exposed to some of this in real life... my friends and family tend to be pretty well informed, thoughtful, intelligent folks, so the discussions here can at times be a bit depressing to me. Damn summer has given me too much free time.

A lot of your examples though are based on real issues/problems. It's just some people do not see them as a problem and some do.

Statistics and facts can be given to support or debunk each of those, and it will be ignored. By both sides...

It doesn’t matter what you are registered as, the way a person speaks and believes is what matters. The way you speak and believe tends to hew closer to the right than the left, and I’ve seen you repeatedly go after the leftie people and almost never go after righties. It’s thoughts and actions that matter, not party.

And why don’t you explain what you meant by the “but but but” post?
Well then, I guess I'm a "righty?? Is that good? Or bad?
My "but, but.....post is in reference to someome [Dat] excusing such actions. That's all.
Look..I follow politics. Never have. Never will. When I do vote, which is normally just locally, I do so on their ideas. Their thoughts. Not their political affiliation. My stances to me are that of a common , bible raised, yes ma'am, no ma'am type of upbringing.
1. Respect of everyone. Regardless of their social status, skin color, gender, etc, etc..They are human just like I am. So I was raised to treat them as such.
2. Bible: It was read every night to us. We were in church on Sundays. And we were raised on those values.
3. Hard work: My grandfather made it simple- Working won't kill you. But trying not to will.
4. Accountability. Pretty simple. You are responsible for you. And...youre a reflection of me.
5. Honesty. Simple. Pops always said--tell one lie, you now gotta remember 10 to cover the one. And the best advice through this? Your word. He told me, 'Son the most important thing you'll ever have is your word. Lose that, and you have nothing".
So the truth about me, and what I believe? I believe in respecting people, working hard, holding yourself accountable for your actions, and being as honest as possible. I have fallen short of all of these. Many of times. I am not perfect. Not will I ever be. But that doesn't mean I stop trying.
I think same sex marriage is wrong.
I think homosexuality is wrong. BUT...I do not, not have I ever, judge a single person on their beliefs. It's their right. As I've said, being gay doesn't define who you are, AS A PERSON. It just defines your sexual preference. So if you and Dat want to call that "hate and intolerance ". Or being judgememtal. Then so be it. After all, it's not your "judgement" I'm concerned with.

It's His.

ADVERTISEMENT