ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball Blue Bloods

Mar 23, 2018
Is there any question on who is a blue blood anymore?
Duke
UNC
Kansas
Kentucky
Villanova
Michigan State (may belong in the category below)

Teams that are close, or have recently lost their blue blood status:
Syracuse
Louisville
Indiana
UConn
UCLA

Teams that have only been to 2 final fours:
baylor
bradley
butler
ccny
colorado
dartmouth
west virginia!?!?!!
etc...

Duke
UNC
Kansas
Kentucky
Villanova

Syracuse
Louisville
Indiana
UConn
UCLA

baylor
bradley
butler
ccny
colorado
dartmouth
west virginia!?!?!!
etc...
Note to self.....scrap every definition of blue blood known to man and start over with random nova fans version to try to comprehend post

Duke
UNC
Kansas
Kentucky
Villanova

Syracuse
Louisville
Indiana
UConn
UCLA

baylor
bradley
butler
ccny
colorado
dartmouth
west virginia!?!?!!
etc...

ThatsNotHowAnyOfThisWorks.gif

v8zMC.gif
Been gone all day and come back to this. :) Just playing with you... a little bit. I'll leave you VIP's to your fun.

Duke
UNC
Kansas
Kentucky
Villanova <-----wtf?

Syracuse
Louisville
Indiana
UConn
UCLA

baylor
bradley
butler
ccny
colorado
dartmouth
west virginia!?!?!!
etc...

Incidentally.. I know since I'm only a lowly K-State fan that my opinion doesn't matter. But anyone who has Villanova as a Blue Blood and UCLA, Indiana and UCONN as not needs to not be allowed to speak anymore. But what the hell do I know.

Does anyone seriously consider Indiana/UCLA blue bloods anymore? They haven't done anything in decades -- especially Indiana. UConn was a one-horse-show with Calhoun, it's over for them (mostly because they are in some weird misfit conference now with UCF Tulane temple and Tulsa).

Jim Nantz called Villanova a blue blood against Kansas in 2016, prior to that championship.

Does anyone seriously consider Indiana/UCLA blue bloods anymore? They haven't done anything in decades -- especially Indiana. UConn was a one-horse-show with Calhoun, it's over for them (mostly because they are in some weird misfit conference now with UCF Tulane temple and Tulsa).

Jim Nantz called Villanova a blue blood against Kansas in 2016, prior to that championship.
If so Jim Nantz accidently drank Bill Walton's "special" tea that night. Villanova is in the same bracket as San Francisco, NC State, and Georgetown. If that is "blueblood" level, then there is 46 bluebloods.

JMO, a blue blood has always been good and proven they'll always be good.

Kentucky
Kansas
UNC
Duke
It’s quite simple really. I’m fine with UCLA being in there.

Anyone who includes Indiana or anyone else is dumb dumb. Doesn’t mean your program isn’t good but those are the 4 true bluebloods and that will never change.

Reactions: tarwhiz
If so Jim Nantz accidently drank Bill Walton's "special" tea that night. Villanova is in the same bracket as San Francisco, NC State, and Georgetown. If that is "blueblood" level, then there is 46 bluebloods.

NC State and Gtown have one championship and are not regularly relevant. Nova is the winningest program of the last 5 years, and counting. Multiple championship club and trending up.

NC State and Gtown have one championship and are not regularly relevant. Nova is the winningest program of the last 5 years, and counting. Multiple championship club and trending up.
The thing is, when dealing with blue bloods, they don't use time frames. Especially something as tiny as 5 years. UF had one of the greatest 2 year runs ever. Doesn't make them a blue blood.

Reactions: Hard2Bluff
The thing is, when dealing with blue bloods, they don't use time frames. Especially something as tiny as 5 years.

Just framing recent success. Nova's been making final fours since the beginning of the NCAA tournament. 2 of the greatest championship runs in history (certainly the most difficult paths). Announcers call us a blue blood, obviously everyone has their own definition. If we can win one this year, tied with Kansas at 3.

Just framing recent success. Nova's been making final fours since the beginning of the NCAA tournament. 2 of the greatest championship runs in history (certainly the most difficult paths). Announcers call us a blue blood, obviously everyone has their own definition. If we can win one this year, tied with Kansas at 3.
I appreciate your fandom. Villanova isn't a blue blood. Good luck this year.

23siyz4.png

Purple meaning this is what they used to have.

Last edited:

You’re not close to being a blue blood.

I do want to take this time to LOL @ Kansas.

You're not a blue blood, and you arent on our level either. Know your role son.

Love villanova but they are not a blue blood. A great program with a long history but let’s be real, if this was the old big east we wouldn’t be the winingest program the last 5 years. I will say nova has the better program history than Connecticut though. Been doing it much longer than the late 80s. Unless you consider UConn to have a better history than Kansas too. Now let’s get UConn to come home to the BE please!

Reactions: tarwhiz
Love villanova but they are not a blue blood. A great program with a long history but let’s be real, if this was the old big east we wouldn’t be the winingest program the last 5 years. I will say nova has the better program history than Connecticut though. Been doing it much longer than the late 80s. Unless you consider UConn to have a better history than Kansas too. Now let’s get UConn to come home to the BE please!

UCONN converting 80% of their Final Four appearances into championships is remarkable.

Reactions: KisteK
Duke
UNC
Kansas
Kentucky
Villanova

Syracuse
Louisville
Indiana
UConn
UCLA

baylor
bradley
butler
ccny
colorado
dartmouth
west virginia!?!?!!
etc...

RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

Villanova...A Blue Blood...Sick

Get Real and Grow Up!!!

Connecticut, Indiana, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, St Johns, Syracuse and UCLA have More and Better Credentials to be considered Blue Bloods than Villanova has...Hell, I'd even add Arizona, Cincinnati, NC State, Texas, Utah and Western Kentucky before I'd even consider Villanova!!!

Duke gets BB Status because of Coach K, even though they had two other coaches that lead them to Final Fours and Title Games...Duke is a BB because of K!!!

Indiana and UCLA are Blue Bloods by History and Tradition...Same as Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina!!!

So, there are S-I-X Historical Blue Bloods and about T-E-N Schools that are a notch below them...And Villanove isn't one of them!!!

SmokinSmile

Last edited:
Everyone on this board knows that......

And yore still not even close to a blueblood.

In my mind there are 5 main blue bloods at this point.
UK
KU
UNC
Duke
UCLA

Indiana is still a blue blood, but it's been 30 years since their last title and 15 since their last final 4. That is not good at all. UCLA won a title 20 years ago and went to multiple final 4's last decade. They might not be the best program despite the titles and are on a downward slope as a program but they are most certainly still a blue blood.

After them there is UConn, Michigan State, etc for the second tier. Villanova might be there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT