ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball Blue Bloods

Anyone talking about history and leaving UCLA off your list is just lol. I’m not a fan or anything but it’s like a bunch of kids talking about best bands and not mentioning the Beatles.

If UCLA hadn't done anything in the 2000's I'd understand it but they made 3 final fours and one title game. Add in their 11 titles and it's nonsense not to have them in there. Indiana on the other hand...

THIS IS THE LIST......

NO.......INDIANA'S IS GONE, I REVOKED IT!
Next question.

giphy.gif

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Blue Bloods - Active Membership:
- UK
- UNC
- KU
- Duke

Blue Bloods - Membership Currently Suspended:
- Indiana
- UCLA

That's the list. There are other really good programs out there but they aren't Blue Bloods.
Simple question. Were you good in the 40s', 50s and 60's?
How about the 70's
80's?
What about the 90's?
That's great and all but what about the 2000's?

Did you stop at 2000's or carry on to the 2010's?

Has it been almost a century since you've been relevant?

Blue bloods are 90%.

Reactions: American Male
How about the 70's
80's?
What about the 90's?

Blue bloods are 90%.

I admittedly struggled with Indiana. It's been a while since they've thrown together consistently strong results. I think their membership is getting very close to being fully revoked.

I just see it as taking a while to get the blue blood tag so it would take a while to completely lose it.

How about the 70's
80's?
What about the 90's?

Blue bloods are 90%.

Watch what you're asking...There's a certain little city school that fits that criteria...Multiple Final Fours in Multiple Decades under Three Different Coaches...National Championships in three differert tournaments (NAIA, NIT, NCAA)...Has made the NCAA Tournament more than Indiana, and is tied with Duke in that catagoy, and is in the top 6-7 in NCAA Tournament Statistics...They fit and fill your 90% criteria...Sooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

SmokinSmile

Reactions: KisteK and bMORE607
Indiana has two more titles than Kansas. Indiana has been playing good basketball ever sense they laced them up.

They are blue blood to me.

Since they’ve laced them up huh. They've have two final fours in 26 years. Them laces must be getting loose. Go ten years further, it’s only three in 36 years. If Hoosier fans find that blue blood material, awesome. Beyond that one year in 2002, haven’t done anything since Knight left

Last edited:
Does anyone seriously consider Indiana/UCLA blue bloods anymore? They haven't done anything in decades -- especially Indiana. UConn was a one-horse-show with Calhoun, it's over for them (mostly because they are in some weird misfit conference now with UCF Tulane temple and Tulsa).

Jim Nantz called Villanova a blue blood against Kansas in 2016, prior to that championship.

Lmfao ....won another title with Ollie. Nova was one lucky run plus a pile of crap until Wright arrived. 4-2, don’t be an idiot.

Since they’ve laced them up huh. They've have two final fours in 26 years. Them laces must be getting loose. Go ten years further, it’s only three in 36 years. If Hoosier fans find that blue blood material, awesome. Beyond that one year in 2002, haven’t done anything since Knight left
IU was irrelevant the last 6 year's Knight was there also.

I am honored to be the respondent for your first post. It is good to have you on the best basketball board on the internet.

Welcome.

Who is your team?

As an aside, I am a Kentucky fan who has no love for Indiana. If you read enough you will find that I don't want the UK vs Indiana games renewed; however, Indiana is one of the best basketball programs, one of the best followings, one of the best histories................ It is a good program. Even when they are having a down year their faithful shows up.

ADVERTISEMENT