ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches that should be in the hot seat

Mike White. One more year. If it’s a double digit loss season he goes (unless a big tourney run occurs).

Archie Miller.
giphy.gif

I wouldn’t even give him another year if there’s a good option out there.

The problem is just that. Are we sure we can go get someone better THIS year? Despite severely underachieving, this will be our 4th straight year in the tourney (which not many non-blue bloods can say) so I think Stricklin will give him one more opportunity using that as the justification.

Reactions: toonces11
The problem is just that. Are we sure we can go get someone better THIS year? Despite severely underachieving, this will be our 4th straight year in the tourney (which not many non-blue bloods can say) so I think Stricklin will give him one more opportunity using that as the justification.

Didn’t realize they’d made the tourney four straight times. Seems like he’s constantly underachieving though.

He’s gonna miss the tournament the third straight year. Never had a season under double digit losses. It’s not crazy to think next season is make or break for him.
For one, its not a given IU misses the tournament. MOF, every bracket has IU in, as of now. NOW....lose to Nebraska, and things get real dicey. But if the tournament were selected today, Indiana would be in.

So, IF IU loses to NB, and misses the NCAAT, then yes, next year is a make or break season. Regardless, next year is huge. It's Year 4 of 6(maybe 7, not sure). Either way, its a bridge year, i.e. to extend or not. If you do not extend him, it pretty much handcuffs his ability to recruit. The Nebraska game is HUGE. Win, and Indiana is safely in. Lose? Very dicey....And its makes next year just as dicey.

Why would he? The gamecocks made it to the final four under him, and they were shit historically so that final four for the gamecocks was equivalent to a national title for the powerhouse teams.
I think the word is anomaly. Every year other than that it has been the same shit. He can’t recruit because he has a temper and doesn’t play the game. They are associated with Under Armour. The current AD is a rube and can’t be trusted to make a new hire.

He can’t recruit because he has a temper and doesn’t play the game.

He can’t recruit ‘cause it is South Carolina, even 4 star players will be hardly considering your school unless they are born in SC or study in a SC high school. Won’t be a problem if Frank Martin is in a more attractive program than the gamecocks.

Can UF really fire a coach who’s made four consecutive tournaments? Prospective coaches would be hesitant to follow him. It would be understood that not even making the tournament every year is an acceptable level of performance. White kind of puts UF in a really tough spot.

Can UF really fire a coach who’s made four consecutive tournaments? Prospective coaches would be hesitant to follow him. It would be understood that not even making the tournament every year is an acceptable level of performance. White kind of puts UF in a really tough spot.

Exactly. He’s doing just enough that talking heads would rip Florida for firing him, but he consistently underachieves. I wanted to give him time because that Elite 8 team was dominant before Egbunu got hurt. Now every season is the exact same. Sneak into the tourney, win a game, then get bounced.

Seriously? Frank Martin is a hell of a coach and anyone would be lucky to have him. Demeanor aside, the man can coach.

Seriously? Frank Martin is a hell of a coach and anyone would be lucky to have him. Demeanor aside, the man can coach.

Yes. The man can coach the hell out of basketball. His demeanor wears on people. Not me, personally, but it does wear on people. I'm afraid his demeanor is what keeps recruits far away, as well. The man pretty much sucks at recruiting.

I love how the biggest critics of the top coaches always wash the balls of mediocre coaches like Frank Martin.Laughing

Exactly. He’s doing just enough that talking heads would rip Florida for firing him, but he consistently underachieves. I wanted to give him time because that Elite 8 team was dominant before Egbunu got hurt. Now every season is the exact same. Sneak into the tourney, win a game, then get bounced.

And lose to FSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT