ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K retiring?

AstonishingFrailCaracal-size_restricted.gif

K announcing he's going to retire a year from now seems like a K move.

I wonder if Calipari will copy it? If Calipari has another season like last, he won't have to.

Called this in late April. The fact that he wasn't really reaching out to the 2022 class was very, very odd.

He'll probably announce this is his last season, and he'll have a season long kiss-my-ass tour, which will ultimately distract from the team. I do find it interesting/concerning that K hasn't extended a single scholarship offer to anyone in the 2022 class.

He must have gone balls deep in your ass for you to have this much disdain for him. Was it consensual at first, then as your butthole got stretched you cried rape?

nope, there was no consent given the entire time. So yes, he's also a rapist besides being overrated. Thanks for triggering my dormant PTSD.

Reactions: GhostOf301
This is a lie and you know it.

There were only a handful of us here anyway. And I'm not one to do a roll call on who was a UNC fan anyway. We'll see this time next year. If you guys suck you'll scatter like roaches when the lights get turned on. If we suck I'll be here, don't know about the rest of us.

I don't think anyone is too surprised by this. I tend to agree that it's a bit narcissistic of him. But at the same time, it would be a shitty thing to do to the program to retire at this point. Every recruit would bail. This at least gives the next coach an opportunity to recruit players instead of trying to convince them to stay. I think not having any commitments for the 22/23 season was a drawing on the wall of sorts.

why would it be shitty for him to retire now? he already mailed it in for the entire 2020-21 season. Seems like a natural step to just go ahead and make it official.

There were only a handful of us here anyway. And I'm not one to do a roll call on who was a UNC fan anyway. We'll see this time next year. If you guys suck you'll scatter like roaches when the lights get turned on. If we suck I'll be here, don't know about the rest of us.
Why would we be here after this past season?

Can you imagine if K announced his retirement last year and then they missed the tourney? I’m like 99.9% sure he would undo the retirement lol

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
UNC has 3 coaches that won titles, try again.
And Duke went to FF's prior to K. Vic Bubas dominated DES. And trying to score points because K has been at Duke since the early 80's and has won 5 titles is really silly.

Duke sucked this year and the Duke fans stuck around. Your point??

And Duke went to FF's prior to K. Vic Bubas dominated DES. And trying to score points because K has been at Duke since the early 80's and has won 5 titles is really silly.

It's a legit question. Duke was a good program pre K. But they didn't cut down the nets. K has made them a blue blood, but can they stay at the top without him? Every other top program has multiple coaches that have won titles except for Duke.

It's a legit question. Duke was a good program pre K. But they didn't cut down the nets. K has made them a blue blood, but can they stay at the top without him? Every other top program has multiple coaches that have won titles except for Duke.
Well, K has been there for 40 years, so Duke has not had to try. Just seems like anti Duke folks are just looking for reasons to be negative. Not surprising.

My point is your daddy is still the coach. Had duke sucked and he retired you wouldn't be here.
You know that how? And unless you post each and every day of the upcoming season, you will be lumped in the loser category that only posts when things are going well.

You know that how? And unless you post each and every day of the upcoming season, you will be lumped in the loser category that only posts when things are going well.

You getting sensitive on me again Phil. You won't be a regular if duke sucks next year, everyone here knows this.

You getting sensitive on me again Phil. You won't be a regular if duke sucks next year, everyone here knows this.
Based on what data point? I was here all last year. So what is the premise for your prediction?

Come on man.
What? Talking trash about a potential future event based on your hate of a school or their coach is just sad. Who knows what will happen. Lots of folks think K is stubborn and out of touch. So we shall see how Jon does. Well, at least he is my choice.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
No surprise that K did the exact opposite of what he said he would do and opted for the farewell tour. I don't think even Duke fans ever bought into that though. I'm sure UNC will do some stupid nonsense to honor him just like they did when he won 1,000 games or something.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
On a side note the last home game for K will be on their freshman night the last game of the year against UNC. Wonder how much tickets for that game will go for??

What? Talking trash about a potential future event based on your hate of a school or their coach is just sad. Who knows what will happen. Lots of folks think K is stubborn and out of touch. So we shall see how Jon does. Well, at least he is my choice.

You clowned us when Hubert was hired and now the shoe is on the other foot and you can't take it. If Jon is hired we will all see if he's the right hire just like we'll see if Hubert was the right one for UNC.

You clowned us when Hubert was hired and now the shoe is on the other foot and you can't take it. If Jon is hired we will all see if he's the right hire just like we'll see if Hubert was the right one for UNC.
Oh, so you are nothing but a copy cat. Got it. Sorry for hurting your little feelings. I will say this. I have more confidence in Scheyer than the clown Hubert.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT