ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K retiring?

K announcing he's going to retire a year from now seems like a K move.

I wonder if Calipari will copy it? If Calipari has another season like last, he won't have to.
Indeed, he wants the basketball world to know well in advance that they only have one more season to lick his butthole so they better get up in it.

Let's take a look back of one of K's favorite moments.

da19ad5b626eceaf541474c5c168c69a.gif

K announcing he's going to retire a year from now seems like a K move.

I wonder if Calipari will copy it? If Calipari has another season like last, he won't have to.
How would you do it , if it were you. This happens all the time, not like he is doing something out of the ordinary.

Reactions: topps coach
yep, he's such a transparent narcissistic fraud. Only reason he didn't retire already is so he could announce this and then get to spend a whole season having everyone kiss his overrated ass. F this douche.
Yeah, all those FF's and NC's and ACC Championships make him overrated.

yep, he's such a transparent narcissistic fraud. Only reason he didn't retire already is so he could announce this and then get to spend a whole season having everyone kiss his overrated ass. F this douche.
He must have gone balls deep in your ass for you to have this much disdain for him. Was it consensual at first, then as your butthole got stretched you cried rape?

Also pretty funny that duke just named zions lead recruiter as it’s head coach. They don’t even tried to hide it anymore. I am sure Zion’s family passed on the couple
Hundred K from Kansas To go to duke for free though.

Reactions: Villian07
Exactly. How can one say either should be considered a great option. Neither comes close to being qualified for the jobs they have gotten
I do understand "keeping it in the family",but you have a point. K is the GOAT. I have no problems saying that. Is there jokes, sure, there's jokes about every coach. However, stats don't lie.

Davis and Scheyer (sp?), are questionable hires.

How many coaches announce they are retiring a full year in advanced?
I don't think anyone is too surprised by this. I tend to agree that it's a bit narcissistic of him. But at the same time, it would be a shitty thing to do to the program to retire at this point. Every recruit would bail. This at least gives the next coach an opportunity to recruit players instead of trying to convince them to stay. I think not having any commitments for the 22/23 season was a drawing on the wall of sorts.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don't think anyone is too surprised by this. I tend to agree that it's a bit narcissistic of him. But at the same time, it would be a shitty thing to do to the program to retire at this point. Every recruit would bail. This at least gives the next coach an opportunity to recruit players instead of trying to convince them to stay. I think not having any commitments for the 22/23 season was a drawing on the wall of sorts.
Oh I understand it, but I feel like towards the end of seasons coaches finally come out and say this is it.

Reactions: Noahtogo24

This announcement is for this year's refs, not for the program.

I do understand "keeping it in the family",but you have a point. K is the GOAT. I have no problems saying that. Is there jokes, sure, there's jokes about every coach. However, stats don't lie.

Davis and Scheyer (sp?), are questionable hires.
I actually don’t understand keeping it in the family. Bama tried that shit in football for 20 years after bear Bryant and it was a disaster. Then they went away from the family and got the best out there and now have a dynasty going again that may be even better than the first one. A blue blood to me shouldn’t be resorting to sub par hires. Unc when they hired Roy Williams did get someone from the family but they actually got someone proven from the family. This time they didn’t

It also gives Scheyer time to put together a bankroll to start assembling the 2022 class so he can get off to a good start. 😁

Reactions: bMORE607
Don't get all sensitive now, we'll see after next year if some of your duke homies (including you) get missing from this forum.
And we will see this year if all of you AFAM U fans hang around on the forum. You do know Deputy Dawg is gone, right? This year. Right.

We'll be around. Unlike 90% of the unc fans during the thing I don't want to bring up.

Bring it up because the majority of the UNC fans were here. You may be one of the few that will get missing because Duke was a good program before k, not a great one.

Bring it up because the majority of the UNC fans were here. You may be one of the few that will get missing because Duke was a good program before k, not a great one.
Like UNc prior to Dean Smith.

And we will see this year if all of you AFAM U fans hang around on the forum. You do know Deputy Dawg is gone, right? This year. Right.

Yup, we'll be here. Will you be here after next season? I mean your daddy is retiring, how you gonna cope?

ADVERTISEMENT