ADVERTISEMENT

Chances Stackhouse replaces Hubert?

My understanding was he was seriously considered last time. I understand him not getting it at the time because he just hadn’t shown much at Vandy to that point, and there were other forces pushing Hubert as the hire. Who knows if the job opens up any time soon or he gets a serious look again? Hubert will get a little more time to make things right (minimum 2 years in my uneducated opinion).

I think he can coach. He won G-League COTY and seems to finally be pulling Vandy out of the SEC gutter. I hope he can continue his positive trajectory wherever he is.

My understanding was he was seriously considered last time. I understand him not getting it at the time because he just hadn’t shown much at Vandy to that point, and there were other forces pushing Hubert as the hire. Who knows if the job opens up any time soon or he gets a serious look again? Hubert will get a little more time to make things right (minimum 2 years in my uneducated opinion).

I think he can coach. He won G-League COTY and seems to finally be pulling Vandy out of the SEC gutter. I hope he can continue his positive trajectory wherever he is.
If a guy can win at Vandy, I think he can win anywhere.

If they were going to stay in the family Stack is who I wanted all along. He was not considered last time though from what I heard. Maybe for show, and Bubba maybe liked the idea a lot, but no one other than Hubert was going to be the guy. It was always Roy's call. There are rumors there is some beef between Roy and Stackhouse but not sure how much that is true. Hubert is not Bubba's buy but agree he gets AT LEAST two more years.

I love his coaching. The question is whether or not he can recruit. I would think so at a place like UNC. It's tough at Vandy, where they don't basically anyone who can dribble in like other private universities.

If they were going to stay in the family Stack is who I wanted all along. He was not considered last time though from what I heard. Maybe for show, and Bubba maybe liked the idea a lot, but no one other than Hubert was going to be the guy. It was always Roy's call. There are rumors there is some beef between Roy and Stackhouse but not sure how much that is true. Hubert is not Bubba's buy but agree he gets AT LEAST two more years.

I love his coaching. The question is whether or not he can recruit. I would think so at a place like UNC. It's tough at Vandy, where they don't basically anyone who can dribble in like other private universities.

Vandy is tough to recruit at, but he's been at Vandy 4 years now and still has zero tournament appearances. Now they are definitely heading in the right direction but I think he would have been a head scratching hire just like Hubert was

Vandy is tough to recruit at, but he's been at Vandy 4 years now and still has zero tournament appearances. Now they are definitely heading in the right direction but I think he would have been a head scratching hire just like Hubert was

I don't disagree but my caveat was IF they were determined to stay in family. For me, he was the best family candidate. I also think not expanding the search is absurd. Honestly, there was only one guy I thought was the absolute wrong hire though so I'm pretty biased here.

Hubert Davis took UNC to national title game last year, and that had already bought him at least 4-5 years, he’s not going away anytime soon unless he got bored of life and decided to pull a Chris Beard.

Stack is a no nonsense kinda dude, from Kinston, NC. What he's doing at Vandy is nothing to sneeze at. Hubert shit's the bed next year and his name will come up along along with Wes Millers'

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Using NCAAT appearances as a tool for a coach at Vanderbilt IMO is, well, silly(for the lack of a better word.). I look more at progress.....And progress they have made..

11-21
9-16
19-17
20-14

Young core to build around. He's recruiting decent at VU.

Vanderbilt has made 15 NCAAT in 84 years.....So using that as a measuirng stick is sort of unfair.

Using NCAAT appearances as a tool for a coach at Vanderbilt IMO is, well, silly(for the lack of a better word.). I look more at progress.....And progress they have made..

11-21
9-16
19-17
20-14

Young core to build around. He's recruiting decent at VU.

Vanderbilt has made 15 NCAAT in 84 years.....So using that as a measuirng stick is sort of unfair.

Stallings basically made it half the time. I agree tournament appearances isn't the best tool, but your great coaches turn stuff around immediately. And the tournament stuff was in regards to Stackhouse potentially being UNC's coach. Who I thought would have had more standards

Stallings basically made it half the time. I agree tournament appearances isn't the best tool, but your great coaches turn stuff around immediately. And the tournament stuff was in regards to Stackhouse potentially being UNC's coach. Who I thought would have had more standards
K struggled in his first 3 years @ Duke....

Bill Self was 129-81 in his first 7 years of coaching....

John Wooden had 5 NCAAT in his first 15 years, with no FF's.

Dean Smith was 66-47 his 5 years at UNC.....

Progress......

K struggled in his first 3 years @ Duke....

Bill Self was 129-81 in his first 7 years of coaching....

John Wooden had 5 NCAAT in his first 15 years, with no FF's.

Dean Smith was 66-47 his 5 years at UNC.....

Progress......

Anyone talking about Hubert needing to go at this point is ignorant or a fool.

He has shown to be a great recruiter.

He had this team for 2 years and got a NC game and missed the tourney. Roy had this team for 1 year and would have missed the tournament badly if it had not been cancelled.

Give the man a shot for fûcks sake. He has the right pedigree other than head coaching experience. And Stackhouse and Wes Miller also missed the tournament.

Just nuts.

Anyone talking about Hubert needing to go at this point is ignorant or a fool.

He has shown to be a great recruiter.

He had this team for 2 years and got a NC game and missed the tourney. Roy had this team for 1 year and would have missed the tournament badly if it had not been cancelled.

Give the man a shot for fûcks sake. He has the right pedigree other than head coaching experience. And Stackhouse and Wes Miller also missed the tournament.

Just nuts.
My issue is the snubbing the NIT with him, and somewhat his lackadaisical pressers. Okay and maybe his in game xs and os and alright maybe his bench usage.

I never seen a team get literally obliterated by screens all year like this team did and nothing ever done to fix it. Frustrating.

My issue is the snubbing the NIT with him, and somewhat his lackadaisical pressers. Okay and maybe his in game xs and os and alright maybe his bench usage.

I never seen a team get literally obliterated by screens all year like this team did and nothing ever done to fix it. Frustrating.

You have no idea why the invite was declined. He may have allowed the team to vote on it since he has said all along that this was their team.

This is an odd team, to say the least. Impossible to say that Davis has underperformed with these guys. They were a hot mess under Roy his last year, too, don’t forget.

Just let it go, give Hubert a fair shake and quit showing your ass.

You have no idea why the invite was declined. He may have allowed the team to vote on it since he has said all along that this was their team.

This is an odd team, to say the least. Impossible to say that Davis has underperformed with these guys. They were a hot mess under Roy his last year, too, don’t forget.

Just let it go, give Hubert a fair shake and quit showing your ass.
It's already been supposedly leaked the team voted on it. Leaky Nance and Bacot was named as being people who were hard against it.

Love said he was all for playing it in a recent interview if invited. I refuse to believe RJ would have voted against it.

Don't think Jerry is the answer. Not sure there is a good answer.

giphy.gif

People are too quick to call Hubert Davis’ head, his team was playing in national title game less than a year ago. For comparison, Jon Scheyer’a Duke just lost today and didn’t make it to sweet 16 even, and Duke fans seem pretty happy about him.

People are too quick to call Hubert Davis’ head, his team was playing in national title game less than a year ago. For comparison, Jon Scheyer’a Duke just lost today and didn’t make it to sweet 16 even, and Duke fans seem pretty happy about him.
Their team is young and they were missing a player. Things seem bright in their future.

Their team is young and they were missing a player. Things seem bright in their future.
The team is young but most are one and done freshmen anyway, they ain’t sticking around to get better with Duke. I believe last year’s UNC was supposed to have bright future as well, and look what happened this year.

ADVERTISEMENT