ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Classic Prediction Thread - SPREADS OUT - Updated!

If you go back to the notable UK OOC games I posted you will notice L'ville is not on it.

No one ever said that your OOC was a cupcake schedule, like you had to point out "non-cupcake" in your OP. We just pointed out no tough true road game, which is true, because we don't exist.

Yeah but you included a game vs Utah instead of on the road @ Louisville, so at that point I knew you were just trolling, so I know what you meant.

We weren't even talking about true road games at that point either. It was until I responded that we changed to road games, but I get it, you're just trolling me.

Yeah but you included a game vs Utah instead of on the road @ Louisville, so at that point I knew you were just trolling, so I know what you meant.

We weren't even talking about true road games at that point either. It was until I responded that we changed to road games, but I get it, you're just trolling me.
I actually omitted the Ville because we were comparing OOC games between UK and Louisville, so why would we include the game they play against each other? That just adds a premier game to Louisville's OOC schedule but a non-top 25 game to Kentucky's. Thanks, Cards. Trying to kill the Cats SOS, eh? I see how it is.

I actually omitted the Ville because we were comparing OOC games between UK and Louisville, so why would we include the game they play against each other? That just adds a premier game to Louisville's OOC schedule but a non-top 25 game to Kentucky's. Thanks, Cards. Trying to kill the Cats SOS, eh? I see how it is.

They're doing the same in football.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

Ok, troll. Then let's remove the Kentucky v. UofL game. Our OOC is still tougher.

Based on what?

UK:
vs #4 Duke - neutral
vs Seton Hall - neutral
vs Utah - home
vs #8 UNC - neutral
vs #1 Kansas - home

Louisville:
vs Vermont (equivalent to Utah)
vs #6 Tennessee (equivalent to Duke....in Brooklyn, NYC)
vs either #1 Kansas or Marquette (if Kansas, tougher than a home game)
vs #10 Michigan State (your game vs UNC is a bit better)
@ Seton Hall (clearly harder than a neutral game vs them)
@ Indiana (one of the toughest places to play in CBB)

How in the world is it not tougher, especially if we play KU?

BTW, I could've included Robert Morris. We all know how tough that team is.

Last edited:
It also helps that your all's game against KU isn't until late January. Your team has had a chance to grow then. All of those games I listed for us is between Nov. 16th and Dec. 8th. That's a whopping 3 weeks + 1.

UK:
vs #4 Duke - neutral
vs Seton Hall - neutral
vs Utah - home
vs #8 UNC - neutral
vs #1 Kansas - home

Louisville:
vs Vermont (equivalent to Utah)
vs #6 Tennessee (equivalent to Duke....in Brooklyn, NYC)
vs either #1 Kansas or Marquette (if Kansas, tougher than a home game)
vs #10 Michigan State (your game vs UNC is a bit better)
@ Seton Hall (clearly harder than a neutral game vs them)
@ Indiana (one of the toughest places to play in CBB)

How in the world is it not tougher, especially if we play KU?

BTW, I could've included Robert Morris. We all know how tough that team is AND we get them at home.
The truth is, we won't know until the season is over which was tougher, but as of now your argument hinges largely on whether Louisville plays Kansas or Marquette. Based on what we know now it would seem likely that will be Marquette, but we'll find out for sure in 3 weeks. Is it Tuesday yet?SmokinSmile

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It also helps that your all's game against KU isn't until late January. Your team has had a chance to grow then. All of those games I listed for us is between Nov. 16th and Dec. 8th. That's a whopping 3 weeks + 1.
Works both ways. UK plays Duke in the first game of the season. Louisville has 3 warm-up games before they take on UT. Kansas also has more time to gain team cohesion before they play UK, it's not like that's some kind of advantage for either team.

The truth is, we won't know until the season is over which was tougher, but as of now your argument hinges largely on whether Louisville plays Kansas or Marquette. Based on what we know now it would seem likely that will be Marquette, but we'll know in 3 weeks.

I'd like you to explain the "what we know" part. I'd like you to inform me on what you know about our team when they've played 1 exhibition game. I don't think we'll "know" anything about my team until at least the Vermont game, but most likely the Tennessee game.

And outside of this conversation, Tennessee is the top 10 team no one ever talks about. I know they are going to be good with experience, but that doesn't mean we've studied them or talked about them on here.

Works both ways. UK plays Duke in the first game of the season. Louisville has 3 warm-up games before they take on UT. Kansas also has more time to gain team cohesion before they play UK, it's not like that's some kind of advantage for either team.

Only one I'll give you is Vermont. I don't think Nicholls State and Southern is going to help, but that's your opinion.

The truth is, we won't know until the season is over which was tougher, but as of now your argument hinges largely on whether Louisville plays Kansas or Marquette. Based on what we know now it would seem likely that will be Marquette, but we'll find out for sure in 3 weeks. Is it Tuesday yet?SmokinSmile
I was just thinking about how silly it was try and convince preseason (opinions). At the end of the games, it'll be easy to see the OOC SOS rankings(facts).

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I'd like you to explain the "what we know" part. I'd like you to inform me on what you know about our team when they've played 1 exhibition game. I don't think we'll "know" anything about my team until at least the Vermont game, but most likely the Tennessee game.
Relax, bro. I am not Nostradamus. I am simply talking about pre-season rankings and expectations because that's really all we have to go on. Before a single minute of regular season basketball has been played we have no idea, but I think it's safe to say UT will be favored against Louisville and Kansas will be favored against Marquette.

Reactions: KisteK
Only one I'll give you is Vermont. I don't think Nicholls State and Southern is going to help, but that's your opinion.
I wasn't talking about quality of competition, just saying that's 3 games before the first premier match-up. Meaning more time to practice together and play against competition other than themselves in practice. Vermont should be good though, so that game might be a good barometer for Louisville to kind of see where there stand.

Relax, bro. I am not Nostradamus. I am simply talking about pre-season rankings and expectations because that's really all we have to go on. Before a single minute of regular season basketball has been played we have no idea, but I think it's safe to say UT will be favored against Louisville and Kansas will be favored against Marquette.

I'd be shocked if UT and Kansas weren't favored.

Yes they probably will be, but we don't know anything at this point.

I wasn't talking about quality of competition, just saying that's 3 games before the first premier match-up. Meaning more time to practice together and play against competition other than themselves in practice. Vermont should be good though, so that game might be a good barometer for Louisville to kind of see where there stand.

Look, I know you're just a troll, but you don't have to go that far.

Good gosh that sounds so stupid to say. That's some weak sauce. Maybe it will open ya'll up and quit calling everybody a troll just because they have a different opinion. It's so lame.

You know what. Everything you just said was to just troll me.
How? I was serious about Vermont. They were 27-7 last year, played at UK in the first game and lost by 4. I thought they would be solid again but after checking their roster they lost all but 3 guys that logged any decent minutes from last season.

Lurk and Kevin are two of the most constant trolls on this board, that’s fine by me, it makes them look silly calling someone else a troll though.

And if you want to add Louisville to the true road game list, Louisville beat Kentucky the last time Kentucky played in the Yum. Calipari knows that he has a higher chance of losing on the road, that’s why he spins it like he wants a tournament atmosphere, when he really wants a better chance of not losing.

Lurk and Kevin are two of the most constant trolls on this board, that’s fine by me, it makes them look silly calling someone else a troll though.

And if you want to add Louisville to the true road game list, Louisville beat Kentucky the last time Kentucky played in the Yum. Calipari knows that he has a higher chance of losing on the road, that’s why he spins it like he wants a tournament atmosphere, when he really wants a better chance of not losing.
Cal is 9-1 against Louisville since he has been at UK, including ending their tournament twice. No way to spin that. SmokinSmile You do cherish that lone victory though, it's so sweet.

What did I say that wasn’t true? Troll
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT