ADVERTISEMENT

Cassius Stanley joins The Brotherhood

They will be getting a commitment from Cole Anthony tomorrow, the best player in the class (also heavily recruited by Duke).

Umm he eliminated Duke a long time ago. With Tre Jones back, that’s fine with me!

They will be getting a commitment from Cole Anthony tomorrow, the best player in the class, imo (also heavily recruited by Duke).
Duke has not been on Anthony for over 6 months or more.

Sometimes K misses. Not often, but I am very happy with a returning Tre over Anthony. A ball hog, volume shooter.

I like a PG who distributes and plays tough D.

You guys are on a roll in the off season, what’s that 3 recruiting titles in a row? On the real, congrats!
Yep and two elite 8's. How about you guys. Which grad transfer is going to be big next year for UNC.

I mean, Duke certainly recruited Anthony, but heavily? Not so sure. Cal heavily recruited Zion, RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish and made the final cut. That’s what I consider “heavily recruited.”

Ok. Trying to figure out how Duke “heavily” recruited him when we haven’t recruited him in a while.
Just because the love affair was brief doesn't mean it wasn't steamy. Anthony was never going anywhere other than UNC, K cut his losses obviously.

Duke has not been on Anthony for over 6 months or more.

Sometimes K misses. Not often, but I am very happy with a returning Tre over Anthony. A ball hog, volume shooter.

I like a PG who distributes and plays tough D.
I would definitely take a soph Jones as well, especially for his defensive prowess. Cole will fit in much better at UNC anyway, where defense is a foreign word. :D

Reactions: ncjeff
I mean, Duke certainly recruited Anthony, but heavily? Not so sure. Cal heavily recruited Zion, RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish and made the final cut. That’s what I consider “heavily recruited.”
I guess our definitions are just different. Cal has recruited plenty of players pretty heavily yet not necessarily for a long period of time. Sometimes you give your best effort and realize it's not going to happen, so you cut your losses and put your focus on other targets. There's nothing wrong with that.

We already have a derailed thread covering this. Why give these assfvcks another thread to spew their nonsense?
And you know I'm reading through this one too. Can't wait for Bilas and the rest of the ESPN gang to blow this Duke team from seem to stern for the 4th year in a row.

Going into the tournament. .

"Best team in the country, Duke is the team to beat"...

After another early exit… ..

"well, they were flawed, they only had 5 McDonalds all Americans, K isn't a miracle worker ya know".

Love it.

Reactions: Sevro and JBGOAT
Just because the love affair was brief doesn't mean it wasn't steamy. Anthony was never going anywhere other than UNC, K cut his losses obviously.

I’m not sure anyone can describe something as “heavily” but also “brief” at the same time. Heavy requires more time than brief. Is there any documentation to show how heavily Duke recruited Anthony?

Congrats on the Elite 8 season in 2020, Duke fans.

Can’t win it all. Don’t want the conspiracy theorists to assume to much if Duke is in the Final Four every year and winning the title every year surpassing UNC, UK and leaving KU in the dust. K is trying to give everyone a chance to catch up.

Reactions: TheDude1
Can’t win it all. Don’t want the conspiracy theorists to assume to much if Duke is in the Final Four every year and winning the title every year surpassing UNC, UK and leaving KU in the dust. K is trying to give everyone a chance to catch up.

Sometimes the crazy people are the definition of cognitive dissonance.

Reactions: Quavarius
I’m not sure anyone can describe something as “heavily” but also “brief” at the same time. Heavy requires more time than brief. Is there any documentation to show how heavily Duke recruited Anthony?
I bet the Google machine knows. It is always watching.

He's been doing a pretty good job of that since he started getting all of these #1 classes.

Winking

As a KU fan, you should know the best team doesn’t always win it all. I mean KU won their league what 14 straight times and only won one NCAA championship in that span? The Atlanta Braves of college basketball Winking

Reactions: Dattier
As a KU fan, you should know the best team doesn’t always win it all. I mean KU won their league what 14 straight times and only won one NCAA championship in that span? The Atlanta Braves of college basketball Winking
Rarely, if ever, were any of those Kansas teams the best in the nation though. The ship also required an epic Memphis meltdown at the FT line.

ADVERTISEMENT