ADVERTISEMENT

Can Somebody Explain the Kansas Love Fest?

I wish you guys would come over to the football side during the fall. Living and dying by one sport has to suck.
Well I'll venture over as soon as we have anything close to resembling a football team.....dont hold your breath

Reactions: CowpokeU
The plaque for the alternates is in the ladies room

I'm not sure if I've seen a civilized conversation between multiple teams claiming whose team truly hates Kansas the most, 2nd most, 3rd most and so on. I'm curious to see how much further this is going to go.

Reactions: toonces11
I wish you guys would come over to the football side during the fall. Living and dying by one sport has to suck.

I thought a short time ago KU was thinking about selling all of the helmets and shoulder pads and heavily concentrating the new main focus on buying brand new flag football belts and spiffy new flags to match those belts. I also hear we're investing in a new state-of-the-art bedazzler so those belts and flags will show the proper level of spirit for years to come. Rumor also has it a 2nd and 3rd bedazzler will be thrown in to sweeten the pot. The downside is any additional bedazzlers will cost $19.99 a piece.

Well I'll venture over as soon as we have anything close to resembling a football team.....dont hold your breath

Do you guys foresee any reasonable changes soon? The Mangino firing signaled that football really wasn't a priority there and that legitimately sucked for more than just KU.

It was fun having a competitive Jayhawk team.

It's also good to see there's a Kansas presence on rivals, even if it's just on the BBall side.

It would sure serve to rustle some Mizzou Jimmie's if you guys came over on the Football board. They need set straight over there haha.

Reactions: RockChalkRally

I thought a short time ago KU was thinking about selling all of the helmets and shoulder pads and heavily concentrating the new main focus on buying brand new flag football belts and spiffy new flags to match those belts. I also hear we're investing in a new state-of-the-art bedazzler so those belts and flags will show the proper level of spirit for years to come. Rumor also has it a 2nd and 3rd bedazzler will be thrown in to sweeten the pot. The downside is any additional bedazzlers will cost $19.99 a piece.

Well, hopefully you can keep the helmets and pads. I didn't mean my comment in a bad way, I genuinely believe it has to suck.

We don't have any KU guys on the football board so we are generally out of touch with what's going on with your football program sans the Mizzou guys who like to flame your program.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Do you guys foresee any reasonable changes soon? The Mangino firing signaled that football really wasn't a priority there and that legitimately sucked for more than just KU.

It was fun having a competitive Jayhawk team.

It's also good to see there's a Kansas presence on rivals, even if it's just on the BBall side.

It would sure serve to rustle some Mizzou Jimmie's if you guys came over on the Football board. They need set straight over there haha.
Its so hard to tell. Its headed in a much better direction so far, but wins are the only thing that matter. Im the most pro mangino guy on the face of the planet---literally have enemies on our homeboard b/c of it. He is what it takes to win at kansas---hard nosed asshole that pushes kids to their limits to maximize potential. biggest mistake in kansas football history was firing him---even bigger than hiring gill and weis. Its literally hell knowing you barely have a punchers chance in cupcake city non con.

I can sum up the football program.

Imagine cleaning all the stalls in junior colleges across America and putting them into one septic tank in Lawrence and then lying about where you got it and how it smells and somehow the chancellor and athletic director believes you.

Its so hard to tell. Its headed in a much better direction so far, but wins are the only thing that matter. Im the most pro mangino guy on the face of the planet---literally have enemies on our homeboard b/c of it. He is what it takes to win at kansas---hard nosed asshole that pushes kids to their limits to maximize potential. biggest mistake in kansas football history was firing him---even bigger than hiring gill and weis. Its literally hell knowing you barely have a punchers chance in cupcake city non con.

It's crazy because every other fan of a Big XII team I know says the same thing about Mangino. He was the guy who produced and firing him was the worst thing that ever happened at that school.

The other problem is the inability to really recruit anywhere else but Kansas.

The Jayhawk Conference for JUCO is basically locked down by the Purple Wizard of Manhattan so it leaves little to pick.

I hope this coach you've got now can turn it around but I think you guys are best set to follow Baylor's steps of getting a Texas guy like Rhule who knows the HS coaches down that way to open up the avenue for recruiting.

I hate seeing you guys lose and hate that our once good rivalry has died on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: KisteK

Imagine cleaning all the stalls in junior colleges across America and putting them into one septic tank in Lawrence and then lying about where you got it and how it smells and somehow the chancellor and athletic director believes you.

The level of truth here is simply off the charts.

I grew up 10 miles south of the Kansas border on HWY 75. I played baseball at Independence CC in the Jayhawk Conference.

I get that a lot of the football digs there are stopping off points but there's a program in Kansas that kicks ass which is Pitt State.

How can you guys not poach their coaches?

Soft isn't really an accurate assessment. They rely on their shooting more than any KU team in recent memory but they can shut any team down on the right night.

More like they can shut any team down in the final minutes. They just don't have the depth to play with that intensity all game long.

Which I think partly explains why they either win close or lose by double digits.

The tradeoff is NFL. A better product with a far better system of determining a champion. And the Mahomes era of dominance is about to commence.

Reactions: Kiimohawk
Not sure of the records of other top teams, but KU is 13-4 vs the projected field. Several of their wins are looking less impressive by the day though. They could use a win or two over Texas Tech.
Purdue is only currently 5-3, if Lunardi is correct on the teams in.

I live in California and it's on KU to put a solid football program together and win me back, not on me to follow it from afar and root them back to prominence or something. I guess that comes with age.

Oh yeah and I second MAHOMES ERA good god that boy is special get on the ground floor now, bandwagoners.

Not to mention 3 home losses...

Kinda balances out given that they've won almost all their road games.

I don't see what's so baffling about it. It's more about the lack of great teams than praise of KU. How many teams have more than 13 wins over the projected field? They're also leading the league that many consider the toughest.

Why is no one talking about Xavier? Does anybody really buy them as a legit 1?

Kinda balances out given that they've won almost all their road games.

I don't see what's so baffling about it. It's more about the lack of great teams than praise of KU. How many teams have more than 13 wins over the projected field? They're also leading the league that many consider the toughest.

Why is no one talking about Xavier? Does anybody really buy them as a legit 1?
Naw they aren't a 1 either, but we are running out of legitimate 1 seeds and way to many 2 seeds..

At this point with KU as a 1 in the west we'd play Arizona as a s16 game, brutalest draw in the brackets, I'd much prefer we win the big 12 but it's gonna get us the last 1 seed, with the mucho grande bracket ..

Football related, Didn't we just announce last year we are building a new 300 milli stadium and practice facility?

If Michael Porter does come back, go ahead and mark KU and Mizzou in the 2nd round. Whether it's a 1 v 8/9 matchup, or a 2 v 7/10 matchup, it's going to happen. NCAA wouldn't let an opportunity like that pass them by.

If Michael Porter does come back, go ahead and mark KU and Mizzou in the 2nd round. Whether it's a 1 v 8/9 matchup, or a 2 v 7/10 matchup, it's going to happen. NCAA wouldn't let an opportunity like that pass them by.
And I hope they don't. I could go for a little ass kicking of the tigers

Well that would be like the NCAA. When we've been a 1, they always give us the best or hottest 2 seed.

When I said soft I kind of meant your front court looks ‘meh’ every time I see you guys play and MSU would do work.

Your guards are obviously good. And if MSU doesn’t land a 1 seed, there’s going to be an unhappy 1 with MSU as the 2.

When I said soft I kind of meant your front court looks ‘meh’ every time I see you guys play and MSU would do work.

Your guards are obviously good. And if MSU doesn’t land a 1 seed, there’s going to be an unhappy 1 with MSU as the 2.
Yeah, I agree with most of this. I just think the 4 1 seeds should be the 4 best teams, and I think MSU is better than Kansas right now (11 game winning streak, haven’t lost since early January)

It's crazy because every other fan of a Big XII team I know says the same thing about Mangino. He was the guy who produced and firing him was the worst thing that ever happened at that school.

The other problem is the inability to really recruit anywhere else but Kansas.

The Jayhawk Conference for JUCO is basically locked down by the Purple Wizard of Manhattan so it leaves little to pick.

I hope this coach you've got now can turn it around but I think you guys are best set to follow Baylor's steps of getting a Texas guy like Rhule who knows the HS coaches down that way to open up the avenue for recruiting.

I hate seeing you guys lose and hate that our once good rivalry has died on both sides of the ball.

Lew Perkins was the worst thing that ever happened to our football program. Had Harbaugh hired and wouldn't allow him to coach Stanford's bowl game. Then we hired Turner Gill.

Feelsbadman.

Are there any Jayhawk fans that are regulars on the Soundoff board? There's probably 15-20 of us on the Mainboard. Some of our fans have managed to get most of the board to call us DBU, mainly because a couple of years ago we had 2 or 3 guys in the NFL starting at that position.

Reactions: Jhawks and CowpokeU
It’s shocking that Kansas would be a one seed but it says less about Kansas and more about how bad the top end is this year.

That said DeSousa coming on lately changes everything if he can keep it up.
If we win out then I'll have less of an issue with it, but I really don't think our seed matters much this year----we shoot good from outside, we win.....we don't, we are out. Opponent doesn't really matter

Are there any Jayhawk fans that are regulars on the Soundoff board? There's probably 15-20 of us on the Mainboard. Some of our fans have managed to get most of the board to call us DBU, mainly because a couple of years ago we had 2 or 3 guys in the NFL starting at that position.

There is zero Jayhawk presence on Soundoff which is insane because we have an NIU, Vandy and even a Rice presence on the board.

You guys need to come down. We actually typically talk about football during the season and it isn't a political free for all like on tMB.

If we win out then I'll have less of an issue with it, but I really don't think our seed matters much this year----we shoot good from outside, we win.....we don't, we are out. Opponent doesn't really matter

Dumb

I hate this mentality.
It was tongue and cheek. However, until they win more than 1 game a year, there is some truth in that statement. We have the worst Div 1 football program in the history of Div 1 football programs. It’s beyond embarrassing.

If Kansas was a 1 seed and lost to a 2 seed Michigan State in the Elite 8 I think most of us believe that our team overachieved making it that far. I’m just hoping Kansas makes it to the 2nd weekend.

Reactions: KisteK
I don't see us a a one either-unless we win the next 3 games. And even then I would be happy with a 4 seed. A 4 seed gets us in a bracket with the 2 seed and we would still play somewhat close to home. You still have to win 6 games and no teams know their opponent until after the first game. I wish Lunardi had a full time job someplace and didn't even publish this stuff until the last conference game is played and before the conference tourneys begin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT