ADVERTISEMENT

Bowlsby stepping away from B12

Kansas is the only left I see as an attractive option. Kansas may be better off just pulling a uconn and just saying screw football. Go independent for football and join the big east for everything is else. That would be a damn good basketball conference with uconn, Kansas, nova, etc.

We just won the orange bowl in 2008. We can turn it around quickly with the right coach.

Reactions: AuHoosier420
We just won the orange bowl in 2008. We can turn it around quickly with the right coach.
And for some reason you fired that coach that won the Orange bowl. That dude was fat fvck but he did something no one else has been able to do at Kansas

Reactions: englandnu
Must hope our new commish actively supports an expanded pigskin playoff.

Kansas is the only left I see as an attractive option. Kansas may be better off just pulling a uconn and just saying screw football. Go independent for football and join the big east for everything is else. That would be a damn good basketball conference with uconn, Kansas, nova, etc.
LOL!!! KU averaged 25K fans at football games and I believe never had a viewership of 1M in the last two years. You really demonstrate your ignorance with just about every single post….Congrats!

LOL!!! KU averaged 25K fans at football games and I believe never had a viewership of 1M in the last two years. You really demonstrate your ignorance with just about every single post….Congrats!
And yet they are the only one left even a little attractive. For the last time. Game attendance is not remotely relevant to expansion. Stop it

We aren't taking WVU in the ACC.
I don’t think you are taking anyone unless notre dame joins and you have to pair someone with them. The ACC is kind of stuck right now. Locked into an agreement with espn for 15 years and no renovation will happen Dana note dame joining as a full member. Meanwhile the SEC and big tens gap is going to grow even more over the ACC in the next decade

I don’t think you are taking anyone unless notre dame joins and you have to pair someone with them. The ACC is kind of stuck right now. Locked into an agreement with espn for 15 years and no renovation will happen Dana note dame joining as a full member. Meanwhile the SEC and big tens gap is going to grow even more over the ACC in the next decade
I'm saying if Notre Dame joins, we are not taking WVU as the other option. The other option is clearly Kansas. Unless they wanna go into the Texas market.

I'm saying if Notre Dame joins, we are not taking WVU as the other option. The other option is clearly Kansas. Unless they wanna go into the Texas market.
ACC wouldn’t get tamu or Texas so going into Texas doesn’t mean much if it’s Baylor, tech, or tcu though. The ACC can’t compete financially with the SEC because you have to many schools with small fanbases that are just city teams. Pitt, BC, Louisville, ga tech, and Even Miami.

ACC wouldn’t get tamu or Texas so going into Texas doesn’t mean much if it’s Baylor, tech, or tcu though. The ACC can’t compete financially with the SEC because you have to many schools with small fanbases that are just city teams. Pitt, BC, Louisville, ga tech, and Even Miami.
Houston would be the team from Texas to snag.

Yeah they are not doing much for you either. Essentially just the UCF in the state of florida equivalent for the state of Texas.
Top 10 TV market. You take a team from Fort Worth or Houston if you go into Texas. Any school not in those markets is a waste of time.

Houston would be the team from Texas to snag.
Yeah they are doing much for you either. Essentially just the UCF in the state of florida equivalent for the state of Texas.
Top 10 TV market. You take a team from Fort Worth or Houston if you go into Texas. Any school not in those markets is a waste of time.
they are all a waste of time besides the two the SEC got from there. None of the others have the money or the size of rich alumni bases that Texas and tamu have.

West Virginia
Kansas
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech
iowa state

are all good adds for anyone

baylor
TCU
KState to a degree. Although Kstate has upside too.

get tougher

West Virginia
Kansas
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech
iowa state

are all good adds for anyone

baylor
TCU
KState to a degree. Although Kstate has upside too.

get tougher
If the B10 were to expand, there are only two schools that would get a look from the B12. That would be KU & ISU. Both schools are AAU members and are geographic fits. Personally, I am not in favor of the B10 because they seem to be falling behind competitively. They have one ship in football in the last 20 years, and zero basketball titles. The upside is of course their revenue distributions.

If the B10 were to expand, there are only two schools that would get a look from the B12. That would be KU & ISU. Both schools are AAU members and are geographic fits. Personally, I am not in favor of the B10 because they seem to be falling behind competitively. They have one ship in football in the last 20 years, and zero basketball titles. The upside is of course their revenue distributions.
One correction. Ohio st. Has won two in the last 20 years. I don’t see what Iowa st. Brings to the big 10 that they don’t already have

One correction. Ohio st. Has won two in the last 20 years. I don’t see what Iowa st. Brings to the big 10 that they don’t already have
Iowa state brings a built in rivalry with Kansas and Iowa. Plus it fits geographically.

Could have one side of the conference be Nebraska, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa state, Kansas, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and michigan.

Other side be penn state, michigan state, Ohio state, Maryland, Rutgers, Purdue, indiana, northwestern.

would setup Nebraska/michigan rivalry in football and give them a chance to have a championship game with Ohio state on one side and mu/nu winner on the other.
basketball wise you’d have Kansas and michigan state on either sides of the bracket.

Iowa state brings a built in rivalry with Kansas and Iowa. Plus it fits geographically.

Could have one side of the conference be Nebraska, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa state, Kansas, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and michigan.

Other side be penn state, michigan state, Ohio state, Maryland, Rutgers, Purdue, indiana, northwestern.

would setup Nebraska/michigan rivalry in football and give them a chance to have a championship game with Ohio state on one side and mu/nu winner on the other.
basketball wise you’d have Kansas and michigan state on either sides of the bracket.
Expansion is about who adds financial value to the league. It’s about expanding markets. It’s basically the only reason Rutgers got in. I am just not sure iowa st. Brings anything to big 10 financially they don’t already have. For example Clemson, Louisville, ga tech, and FSU are all great geographic fits for the SEC and all have a in state rival in the SEC. Yet none of them have much if a chance to get a bid because they don’t bring something new

I will never understand this argument.

Does Georgia Tech give the ACC the entire Atlanta TV Market? Or are people in Atlanta tuning into the Bama, Georgia, and other games? Does UNC only give you viewers in the Chapel Hill TV market?

The numbers next to each school indicate the average number of viewers per week from 2015–19 for football.

Texas Tech is in the #145 Lubbock TV Market (167,660 TV households 21-22)
Texas Tech (921K)

Houston is in the #8 Houston TV market (2,569,900 TV households 21-22)
Houston (689K)

Georgia Tech is in the #7 Atlanta TV market (2,648,970 TV households 21-22)
Georgia Tech (615K)

Rutgers is in the #1 New York TV market (7,452,620 TV households 21-22)
Rutgers (266K)

SMU is in the #5 Dallas Fort Worth TV market (2,962,520 TV households 21-22)
SMU (232K)

Last edited:
I will never understand this argument.

Does Georgia Tech give the ACC the entire Atlanta TV Market? Or are people in Atlanta tuning into the Bama, Georgia, and other games? Does UNC only give you viewers in the Chapel Hill TV market?

The numbers next to each school indicate the average number of viewers per week from 2015–19 for football.

Texas Tech is in the #145 Lubbock TV Market (167,660 TV households 21-22)
Texas Tech (921K)

Houston is in the #8 Houston TV market (2,569,900 TV households 21-22)
Houston (689K)

Georgia Tech is in the #7 Atlanta TV market (2,648,970 TV households 21-22)
Georgia Tech (615K)

Rutgers is in the #1 New York TV market (7,452,620 TV households 21-22)
Rutgers (266K)

SMU is in the #5 Dallas Fort Worth TV market (2,962,520 TV households 21-22)
SMU (232K)
Its about being able to lump your games into their TV packages. Also, the thinking is more people would watch say Houston sports if they were in an upper echelon conference.

Enrollment, market, geographic footprint, and tv market size are huge in expansion without a no brainer program to go with.

It's why dropping Wake Forest would be so good for the ACC. It doesn't really bring anything to the ACC and could be replaced with something of much more importance to the conference, or at least could have before most got swallowed up. Big 12 and ACC were kind of poorly constructed with a huge swarm of NC and Texas schools and massive overlap in markets.

Its about being able to lump your games into their TV packages. Also, the thinking is more people would watch say Houston sports if they were in an upper echelon conference.

Enrollment, market, geographic footprint, and tv market size are huge in expansion without a no brainer program to go with.

It's why dropping Wake Forest would be so good for the ACC. It doesn't really bring anything to the ACC and could be replaced with something of much more importance to the conference, or at least could have before most got swallowed up. Big 12 and ACC were kind of poorly constructed with a huge swarm of NC and Texas schools and massive overlap in markets.
Rutgers joined the Big 10 in 2014. The entire NY TV market didn't start to tune in afterwards. So how accurate is that thinking?

People don't just go to a school from where the school is located. UNC doesn't just get Chapel Hill people watching games.

TCU has an enrollment of 11,938 (Fall 2021)
TTU has an enrollment of 40,322 (Fall 2020)

TTU has a larger geographic footprint.

Last edited:
Im a pretty loyal dude so want to stay in big 12 now and flex. We have the best thing going in basketball in the country right now. Football hurts but over time it will rebound with where Cincy, UCF and Houston are headed. BYU is good at everything.

OU should be doing the same as us and stayed and let texas go independent. OU and KU created the big 12 together with texas. None of those 3 schools have any business leaving our league. There should have been clauses against it and poor contractual work by the original brokering lawyers on the contract.
What? BYU is good at everything. What has BYU done in football and basketball?

On the power of Cincy, UCF and Houston: I think that they are poor substitutes for losing Oklahoma and Texas. Okla and UT are flagship universities in the state. Those three schools are not flagships at all.

Rutgers joined the Big 10 in 2014. The entire NY TV market didn't start to tune in afterwards. So how accurate is that thinking?

People don't just go to a school from where the school is located. UNC doesn't just get Chapel Hill people watching games.

I bet the entire network for the most part was carrying Big Ten Network afterwards and the viewership for Big Ten games rose higher than the Rutgers, typical numbers were. (Which was nonexistent because why would Rutgers ever be nationally televised).

Umm the Big Ten got a record TV contract (at the time) after adding Rutgers and Maryland. That move made Big Ten content available across the NE which is the most densely populated area of the country. The Rutgers/Maryland additions greatly enriched the Big Ten, I'm not sure why people continue to criticize the move.

Enjoy the big 12😂😂
Yeah maybe some day in the future that money will actually lead to something like relevance for Mizzou. Probably not though, have always been the only p5 program in a big state with 2 metros and have not ever won anything. Another national title feels all right in the poor, unable to compete big12. Do you sleep in SEC pajamas?

Yeah maybe some day in the future that money will actually lead to something like relevance for Mizzou. Probably not though, have always been the only p5 program in a big state with 2 metros and have not ever won anything. Another national title feels all right in the poor, unable to compete big12. Do you sleep in SEC pajamas?
Yeah Mizzou was only 2 games away from competing in the national title in the big12/ SEC ,multiple division titles in both conferences. Basketball fell off a cliff until recently hired coach/ top assistant O yeah and the football coach is pulling in top recruiting classes that's going to pay off... Need I add more my friend??

BTN was put on basic cable in the NYC market once Rutgers joined. That earned every single one of our schools millions and millions of extra money.

Yep. The big 12 is peaking historically from a basketball standpoint. Why change that and leave? The fun is just beginning.

I get football and losing OU Texas. But who is to say the new four don’t make it even better given how bad texas has been in football?

I think the conference is one recruiting cycle from going downhill hard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT