ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Ellis ask out of his NLI with Duke?

Nah. He would get more burn at a place like UK or UNC with nearly the same exposure. He would have sat on the bench behind guys for 3 years at Duke. K can’t afford to wait for guys to develop anymore.

Is that why Quade Green and Seventh Woods left, respectively?

Reactions: kl40504
Do you think guys like Nolan Smith, Scheyer, Zoubek, Paulus, Plumlee (s), etc would develop in this era of Duke basketball?
Ask Tony Bradley, Brandan Wright, Marvin Williams, Coby White and Nassir Little.

Or maybe ask JMM or Harrison Barnes or other 5 starts who had to stay at UNc longer because of Roy's coaching.

Nah. He would get more burn at a place like UK or UNC with nearly the same exposure. He would have sat on the bench behind guys for 3 years at Duke. K can’t afford to wait for guys to develop anymore.

Is that why Quade Green and Seventh Woods left, respectively?

Seventh is a good example of what Sevro was saying actually. How much PT would he have gotten at Duke? He had more chances than he should have to play. There are positives and negatives to both philosophies but it is hard to argue who gives guys more PT to figure it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sevro
Ask Tony Bradley, Brandan Wright, Marvin Williams, Coby White and Nassir Little.

Or maybe ask JMM or Harrison Barnes or other 5 starts who had to stay at UNc longer because of Roy's coaching.

You really need to get your facts straight but I know I’m asking to much.

Rumor has it that Boogie approached Krzyzewski and forgot to knock on his door before entering. This set K off on a profanity laced tirade. After things cooled down for a minute, boogie asked K if he was going to start. Krzyzewski looked at him, then grabbed him by the ear and dragged him to the hallway where there are pictures of Krzyzewski's favorite players. Christian Laettner, Danny Ferry, Bobby Hurley, Billy McCaffrey, Cherokee Parks, Wojo, Chris Collins, Mike Dunleavy, J J Redick, Kyle Singler, and of course, Grayson Allen. He looked at Boogie with anger in his eyes and yelled at him. "THESE ARE WHAT STARTERS LOOK LIKE!!!!! NOW LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND TELL ME IF YOU LOOK LIKE A STARTER!!" And then Krzyzewski went back to his office and squeezed his stress ball while watching replays of the 1992 elite eight game vs Kentucky. And Boogie got on the phone with Penny, and that was that.

Rumor has it that Boogie approached Krzyzewski and forgot to knock on his door before entering. This set K off on a profanity laced tirade. After things cooled down for a minute, boogie asked K if he was going to start. Krzyzewski looked at him, then grabbed him by the ear and dragged him to the hallway where there are pictures of Krzyzewski's favorite players. Christian Laettner, Danny Ferry, Bobby Hurley, Billy McCaffrey, Cherokee Parks, Wojo, Chris Collins, Mike Dunleavy, J J Redick, Kyle Singler, and of course, Grayson Allen. He looked at Boogie with anger in his eyes and yelled at him. "THESE ARE WHAT STARTERS LOOK LIKE!!!!! NOW LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND TELL ME IF YOU LOOK LIKE A STARTER!!" And then Krzyzewski went back to his office and squeezed his stress ball while watching replays of the 1992 elite eight game vs Kentucky. And Boogie got on the phone with Penny, and that was that.
you left out "I only coach winners".

Why did Barnes return for his sophomore year?
Because he wasn't going to be drafted since Roy held him back and he didn't improve. Lack of development.

And,
Lack of coaching his freshman year/being held back/ low self esteem/free rental cars/customized mouth pieces/ drug house

you left out "I only coach winners"."
vB9B5.gif

Because he wasn't going to be drafted since Roy held him back and he didn't improve. Lack of development.

And,
Lack of coaching his freshman year/being held back/ low self esteem/free rental cars/customized mouth pieces/ drug house

Impending NBA lock out. The following year he was a lottery pick. You make a pile of rocks look smart .

Who came out genius? A few players in his class stayed but since you got this burst knowledge do tell.
Kyrie, Derrick Williams, Brandon Knight, Jimmer, the Morris twins, Tobias Harris and quite a few others. Lots of underclassmen.

So what is your excuse now.

Kyrie, Derrick Williams, Brandon Knight, Jimmer, the Morris twins, Tobias Harris and quite a few others. Lots of underclassmen.

So what is your excuse now.

Don’t need one, the following year he was lottery pick. Keep grasping FeeFee

Don’t need one, the following year he was lottery pick. Keep grasping FeeFee
But as I said, he could have left as a bunch of underclassmen did.

You asked, I answered. Now you can move on dumbass. Your shot has been sent to the 10th row.

You’re not that good dumbass. You and your game has some growing to do.
Did you not ask who left early in the 2011 draft. I told you. Seems to have worked out for those kids.

Still want to use the lockout excuse for Harry. I think it was because he sucked and wasn't going to be drafted as high as he wanted.

Still ok, his record against Duke was pretty shitty. We hated to see him go

To be fair, Quade Green Seventh Woods didn't get cut before their freshman season.

Neutral sites
reclassifications
OAD

Another example of K being ahead of his time.

Ellis didn’t get cut either, he decided to leave before coming to Duke, unless K stole his scholly

Seventh is a good example of what Sevro was saying actually. How much PT would he have gotten at Duke? He had more chances than he should have to play. There are positives and negatives to both philosophies but it is hard to argue who gives guys more PT to figure it out.

Is that why Little came off the bench? To figure it out? Roy certainly didn’t give him more PT to figure it out.

Is that why Little came off the bench? To figure it out? Roy certainly didn’t give him more PT to figure it out.

Came off the bench and played good minutes despite being behind better senior players. He still played good minutes (I know you Dukies only think 38 a game is good) and had the freedom to do his thing out there. You are doing a solid job for me here.

Came off the bench and played good minutes despite being behind better senior players. He still played good minutes (I know you Dukies only think 38 a game is good) and had the freedom to do his thing out there. You are doing a solid job for me here.

Good minutes? Good Lord! Guess that’s why he’s leaving after one season, huh? Did he know he was going to start next season and get good(er) minutes since those better seniors would be gone?

But as I said, he could have left as a bunch of underclassmen did.

You asked, I answered. Now you can move on dumbass. Your shot has been sent to the 10th row.
Did you not ask who left early in the 2011 draft. I told you. Seems to have worked out for those kids.

Still want to use the lockout excuse for Harry. I think it was because he sucked and wasn't going to be drafted as high as he wanted.

Still ok, his record against Duke was pretty shitty. We hated to see him go

Fee Fee, plenty of UNC players had success against duke but in your little mind you don't wanna hear that.

Good minutes? Good Lord! Guess that’s why he’s leaving after one season, huh? Did he know he was going to start next season and get good(er) minutes since those better seniors would be gone?

Are you seriously asking why Nassir Little left or just trolling? Do you not understand how this all works? This is pretty absurd even for you, especially as a Duke fan who should know why dudes leave after one year (not talking about transfers here if you need help btw).

Or maybe Roy's non coaching.

The last 2 schools your coach was at had their final 4's stripped. Nice try Skippy.
Nice try but Roy was found to have broken NCAA rules while at Kansas and Cal has never been found to have broken NCAA rules. Sorry to burst your bubble big boy.

ADVERTISEMENT