ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Ellis ask out of his NLI with Duke?

Duke about to recruit Hampton hard and I bet he listens. He likely only removed them because of PT

Reactions: Quavarius
No way K has been talking to RJ Hampton once Dook got eliminated..... no way K would do that to Boogie.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: kl40504
Well, that sucks. Was hoping for a guard with some decent skills who might be around a few years.

Always sucks when a kid decides your school isn't the place for him.

Don’t want to see Hampton at Duke. But if it happens, it’ll be interesting to see if any national media will write the story.

God knows the pitchforks would be out if it was another coach.

Then why are people saying that Duke withdrew from the recruitment due to having 0 scholarships to give?

Duke fans are probably just saying that to make it look like he really wanted to go there. Fans do that crap all the time.

Sources say RJ Hampton boutta listen to him too
Your opinion means nothing. I don’t think Ellis played any role in him not including duke. Duke still has Stanley coming in and last time I checked Jones is still the pg. He’s not going to uk either so there is no point in you responding to what I already know

Then why are people saying that Duke withdrew from the recruitment due to having 0 scholarships to give?
What people? People with half a brain know that Tre is the starting PG next year. I bet RJ goes where there is no incumbent PG. Just a wild thought.

It doesn’t matter. UK fans will [insert Conspiracy Theory #6895579533468905 here].

I think we are third on his list at best. Could be wrong but I’d say KU and Memphis are ahead of us.

Hearing he is thinking about running with the Wolfpack. That or he’s looking for a big dog.

Not gonna lie, this sucks a multitude of suckiness. A good player who figures to be in college for 3-4 years. We needs kids like Boogie. I figured he'd be the first guy off the bench, but perhaps Ellis wanted to start from day one.

What people? People with half a brain know that Tre is the starting PG next year. I bet RJ goes where there is no incumbent PG. Just a wild thought.

Then what the hell’s he waiting for?

Zioned/Aytoned once again. Need more resources I guess.

Don’t want to see Hampton at Duke. But if it happens, it’ll be interesting to see if any national media will write the story.

God knows the pitchforks would be out if it was another coach.
I honestly don’t see the Hampton family reaching out to k days after they excluded duke to say we want back in. If you have listened to his dad it’s almost like lavar ball lite. He won’t end up at Kentucky either. I think his best option is Kansas. He could easily start at Kentucky but I don’t see him there. The main reason duke was excluded was jones returning. Dude is the pg and will have the ball in his hands. Hampton wants to be the primary ball handler

Not gonna lie, this sucks a multitude of suckiness. A good player who figures to be in college for 3-4 years. We needs kids like Boogie. I figured he'd be the first guy off the bench, but perhaps Ellis wanted to start from day one.

You guys are doing a really poor job of pretending to be upset.

Reactions: DallasJayhawk
Tre Jones’ decision to come back as point guard for another year at Duke no doubt played a key role in this decision by Hampton, and Duke may not have any more scholarships to give for 2019 even if Hampton was willing to play alongside Jones (Marques Bolden and Javin DeLaurier are both testing the NBA but likely to return to Durham).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...s_after_reclassifying_to_2019/s1_127_28992755

Looks like you are correct.

You guys are doing a really poor job of pretending to be upset.

He's a top 40-recruit, who most likely would have been around for 3-4 years. That hurts. Don't think he would have started for us next year, but he'd be a major factor in 2021 and going forward. And remember, it looks like the 2022 HS kids can go straight to the league, so K needs guys like Ellis for the long-term health of the team. How could this possibly be good?

Even with DeLaurier and Bolden, there's still one open scholarship...

Sr (3): DeLaurier, Bolden, White
Jr (2): O'Connell, Goldwire
So (2): Jones, Baker
Fr (5): Carey, Hurt, Moore, Stanley, Ellis

That's 12 scholarships with Ellis... now it looks like there are 2 open scholarships.

FWIW, I don't think Duke will have much of chance with RJ Hampton. You don't eliminate a school, and then days later invite them back into the picture because a less-heralded recruit wants out of his LOI.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Ellis was likely not going to start from day 1. You have some good pieces that could easily start over him including Stanley. Plus he’s a pg, he wasn’t starting over Jones but Ellis would of got plenty of playing time that’s for sure

Ellis was likely not going to start from day 1. You have some good pieces that could easily start over him including Stanley. Plus he’s a pg, he wasn’t starting over Jones but Ellis would of got plenty of playing time that’s for sure

Ellis is a combo guard. Much more of a shooting guard than a point guard. Kid can shoot lights-out. The combination of Jones/Stanley I'm sure didn't sit well with him.

Tre Jones’ decision to come back as point guard for another year at Duke no doubt played a key role in this decision by Hampton, and Duke may not have any more scholarships to give for 2019 even if Hampton was willing to play alongside Jones (Marques Bolden and Javin DeLaurier are both testing the NBA but likely to return to Durham).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...s_after_reclassifying_to_2019/s1_127_28992755

Looks like you are correct.
Wrong. Duke has schollies

He's a top 40-recruit, who most likely would have been around for 3-4 years. That hurts. Don't think he would have started for us next year, but he'd be a major factor in 2021 and going forward. And remember, it looks like the 2022 HS kids can go straight to the league, so K needs guys like Ellis for the long-term health of the team. How could this possibly be good?

Agreed that this is a big loss for Duke not next year but long term. I've been thinking for a while that K needs to start focusing harder on the 3-4 year guys immediately to brace for the impact of when the NBA opens up to HS kids again. Like, if that rule had gone into effect this year, and Carey, Hurt, Moore, Stanley (or 3 of those 4) all went pro out of high school, Duke would have serious problems next year. Obviously Duke would have picked up some other freshmen for next year lower on the rankings but still very good (i.e., Boogie), and I think they'd still be top 4 or 5 in the ACC, but those types of freshmen typically can't do what a crew like Zion/Barrett/Reddish/Jones or Bagley/Duval/Carter/Trent did as freshmen.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Ellis is a combo guard. Much more of a shooting guard than a point guard. Kid can shoot lights-out. The combination of Jones/Stanley I'm sure didn't sit well with him.
That played a role in it I’m sure, and I think he ultimately commits to Memphis in the coming days. It will be interesting to see how if Ellis ending up at Memphis will have an effect on Hampton. Hampton will start and have the ball in his hands the majority of the time. I agree with what you said earlier about a 3-4 yr player. I wish ky would do the same as we can only get guys to stay two years and go pro even if they have no business doing so. The same thing is starting to happen with duke as well. I’ll be glad when oad is over with

ADVERTISEMENT