Bill Self going to take it to the NCAA

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by 5thGenJayhawk, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Wildcat-in-STL

Wildcat-in-STL Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

When gassnola gave money to a player to go to KU, he became a booster right then and there. sorry but thems the rules.

JoeBeeHall and Cat_Incognito like this.
  2. lurkeraspect84

lurkeraspect84 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm slow, forgive me. But, is KU trying to now say someone isn't a booster, after declaring them a booster?

3. Wildcat-in-STL

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

KU is responsible for what gassnola and gato did when Self and Townsend were caught talking with them about how cheating worked....

JoeBeeHall and gmckeenoles like this.
  4. Wildcat-in-STL

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

http://www.ncaa.org/enforcement/role-boosters

• Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
    • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.

Its been in the rule book for 20 years at least. Gassnola was a booster by the rules.

JoeBeeHall and Cat_Incognito like this.
  5. JayhawkWriter

JayhawkWriter Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

definition of a booster is someone who is an enthusiastic supporter. Gassnola doesn’t give two shits about ku. His JOB was to funnel kids to schools that wore the brand of the company he worked for.

6. Wildcat-in-STL

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

look at my post right above yours.

JoeBeeHall likes this.
  7. JayhawkWriter

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Not enough evidence to support the first part, and the second part doesn’t fit the narrative as desousa wasn’t actively enrolled at ku. I’m not saying that ku was clean in this, I’m just saying you can’t prove it based on self saying we good on a recorded phone call. He also said we need to get some studs to ku, not go get us some studs.

8. Wildcat-in-STL

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Self and Townsend are throwing last ditch efforts to try and save their butts but it wont work.

JoeBeeHall likes this.
  9. Wildcat-in-STL

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Gassnola admitted to paying 2 players to go to KU. by definition that is "assisted"

heres the thing.. if Self and Townsend had a leg to stand on... KU would be threatening a lawsuit along side them. but KU isnt, because KU claimed Adidas and Gassnola were boosters already when they wanted to get SDS to play

wildcatwelder likes this.
  10. JayhawkWriter

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

No that proves that gassnola defrauded ku, not that ku told him to pay a player to come there

11. Wildcat-in-STL

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

wrong......... the court ruled that KU and the basketball program WERE NOT the same entity and therefore they defrauded the university and NOT the basketball program. I dont know if you are intentionally trying to twist the ruling for your purposes or were ignorant to it.

and the rules say "assisted OR requested" the first part means they assisted on their own.... thats why there is an OR in there. Even if you say that self and townsend didnt request it... gassnola and gato assisted on their own and that is a booster.

also KU already claimed Adidas and Gassnola as boosters so............

Cat_Incognito and Montana81 like this.
  12. RipThru

RipThru Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Anybody that thinks the exchange between Gassnola and Self talking about “Angola” wasn’t two guys working together to get DeSousa out of the “Maryland umbrella” and $20,000 is either mentally deficient or purposely obtuse.

13. JayhawkWriter

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Doesn’t change the fact that you can’t prove that is what they were talking about. That statement wouldn’t hold up in court. They could have been talking about setting up a grass roots Addis’s camp in Angola and were running into some beauracratic red tape. Could mean they were talking about fixing rampant poverty in Angola.

14. MrBaracus

MrBaracus Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I don’t think anyone expects KU to emerge from this unscathed. In fact, I won’t be surprised if they’re hammered by this new independent panel. Especially since Adidas is a German company.

You should just be glad that the NCAA has no interest in taking Nike down. This is why they look the other way at every Zion, Bagley, Hagans, Bam, Vanderbilt, etc etc.

The NCAA knows exactly how widespread this stuff is and they’re completely happy to reap the rewards. This situation is all about saving face and making an example of someone. Then on to business as usual.

Self knows exactly what this is and that’s why he’s not taking it lying down. And that’s why Brey and others are behind him.

15. Kevin Bryan

Kevin Bryan Moderator
    Expand Collapse

You think the panel will still be pissed about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor?

JoeBeeHall, FaithPlusOne and klize17 like this.
  16. klize17

klize17 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

17. RipThru

Expand Collapse

This isn’t court. It’s the NCAA. And the independent panel has a NO APPEAL policy.

JoeBeeHall likes this.
  18. Cat_Incognito

Cat_Incognito Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

@Afamu

You gonna take that shit?

lurkeraspect84 likes this.
  19. jhmossy

jhmossy Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

We all know Tony Bennett doesn't cheat. That's why the NCAA and COVID-19 teamed up to make sure UVA is back to back defending champs.

FaithPlusOne and lurkeraspect84 like this.
  20. forsh_21

forsh_21 Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

He didnt give a player money. He repayed a payment that the guardian of said kid took. Semantics as the ncaa holds kids responsible for the actions of the adults whos care they are under which is pretty cringey but not something new. But either way 1 of 2 things happens. Ku basically scates because theres only circumstantial evidence... Or theres actually a smoking gun the ncaa has been hiding back(not really how they do) and ku has dug themselves a deep grave. If you take the stance ku has that gun better not exist and i doubt theyd have been proceeding if that evidence was a thing. Ncaa probably getting a black eye via bill selfs magnum dong all said and done. Optimistic maybe but imbassuming this is still america

21. FACTORYFIVE

FACTORYFIVE New Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

22. RipThru

Expand Collapse

This is gold Laughing

23. jackrabbit slim

jackrabbit slim Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

"Basketball schools" are all dirty. Honestly, we need to clean out the cabal of about 10 programs that always seem to dominate collegiate basketball. Now we know why they dominate and it is getting exposed. These programs are nothing more than corporate shills and that makes them nothing more than the shit on your shoes.

Villian07 likes this.
  24. lurkeraspect84

lurkeraspect84 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Don't you think football is just as bad if not worse due to the number of scholarships.

25. MrBaracus

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Kinda brings to mind the "he was holding fake bills/it was somebody else's money" posts.

26. jackrabbit slim

jackrabbit slim Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Nah, too many on the roster to enrich them all.

27. RipThru

Expand Collapse

I have no idea if it was fake or to whom it belonged to. That’s why I’ve never commented on it. What I do know is Kansas has been charged with five Level 1’s and that dude was talking about Self’s magnum dong. Laughing Prepare thy anus.

28. wildcatfan35

wildcatfan35 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I don’t get why when a program gets caught, they try the I didn’t know it defense! Yes Bill Self chested, how one KU fan can look at this and say that didn’t happen is crazy... LSU, Arizona, Louisville all got caught. Everyone of these programs will get hammered. NCAA has to send a message! Oklahoma State was the first message, and for Kansas this isn’t going to end well. At least blue blood schools bounce back lol. Just look at Kentucky, seriously many thought it was over for the program! Never to be elite again, just have to hire the right coach... Self needs to go for getting caught.

JoeBeeHall likes this.
  29. Kevin Bryan

Kevin Bryan Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Indiana be like...
    [​IMG]

30. klize17

Expand Collapse

Mike Davis, Kelvin Sampson, Tom Crean do not equal the right coach.

31. Kevin Bryan

Kevin Bryan Moderator
    Expand Collapse

I think Sampson could've done really well if he stayed out of trouble. He is a good coach.

CentralPoke and klize17 like this.
  32. klize17

Expand Collapse

Couldn't agree more but the type of players he had on campus were never going to fly long term at IU either

Kevin Bryan likes this.
  33. forsh_21

forsh_21 Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

All the aforementioned programs above actually had coaches involved and were caught. Ku has a questionable text that very much open to interpretation (see mike breys quotes on the matter). Im fairly certain every coach in the country knew shit happened but dont actively participate. And until some proof comes out saying more than speculation, i dont see how our situation is a danger to the very lifecore of the ncaa but only ours. To me its a joke so i will continue to stand confident in my team as long as their actionss allow it. The alternative being quaking in my boots and crying how its not fair. So let it hang bill

34. Wildcat-in-STL

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

How cute....... .. the court of law doesnt need a smoking gun....... but somehow you think the NCAA would need it? You know what Wade was saying by "strong ass offer" but LSU , Wade and their fans all claimed it wasnt a smoking gun because he meant something else.... This is what you are doing...... you are doing mental gymnastics to excuse the evidence the FBI had with Self and Townsend talking about how cheating works with the guys that cheated for his program.

and also , everyone that knows how recruiting works.......and the dark side..... the guardians always get the money so the kids can have plausible deniability ... and it stopped working with Cam Newton and the NCAA closing the loop hole. and the kids arent innocent, they get jewelry, cash, and a lot more ... and they know why they are getting it. they arent stupid.

35. Wildcat-in-STL

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

some of those bills were fake....... its a trick people use, put fake money with real money so it looks like a lot more. but where did the actual money come from? who knows. If only the FBI caught evidence on it like they did Self and KU..... then maybe UK would have to worry.

wildcatwelder likes this.
  36. Catilac

Catilac Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

it exists , it's called the Big 12 , but the rest of the league has been playing against a stacked deck for years .Yea , all of the elites have the system down. But the runners , boosters an bagmen have been replaced w shoe company exec and lawyers for a privileged 7-10 teams

total bullshit

The arrogance and sense of entitlement and lack of remorse , all signal to me that if an when the show-cause gets dropped on Self , ku will keep him on , unless his termination is a conditional to allowing ku to continue associating w Adidas

37. MrBaracus

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Agreed. I, for one, can’t believe the lack of remorse and flat out arrogance. People who are accused usually drop immediately to their knees and beg for forgiveness.

38. Catilac

Catilac Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Or, you could get caught red handed snorting coke off a dead hookers ass and walk into court w Snoop smoking a blunt w a couple of strippers and claim everyone does it and if the judge doesn't agree you're suing him

"Look judges , we've been killin hookers and snortin blow for 30 years . Ima big man in town. These charges are for the little guy"

78 Catilac, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  39. HawksJ

HawksJ Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Back-to-back posts.

What an idiot.

DallasJayhawk likes this.
  40. MrBaracus

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

RollLaugh

They can’t help but contradict themselves.