ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest college rivals?

Duke/UNC fans after the game...

friends%20gif%206.gif
Ugh, yeah.....
Not really.

Button-fuching cute, these interstate rivalries.

Meanwhile, Kansas just reached its grab into one of Mizzery's championed all-time Lady Tigers, plucked from her loins her (att) most-talented son, and made him not only a "local" hero, but a National Champion and Top 21* draft pick.

Last edited:
Well the state of Kansas has only 1 school to win a natty. NC has 3 schools that have won nattys that happen to be in the same league. Hell the KS/MO rivalry isn’t even competitive so to you guys it’s a big deal, nationally not so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Mario vs Luigi
Johnny Cage vs Lui Kang
Max Verstappen vs Lewis Hamilton
Napoleon vs the Duke of Wellington
Jordan vs Pippen

Depends on what our definition of "best" is

The most nationally followed and cared about rivalry is UNC and Duke
The most hatred between the two fanbases is KU and Missouri
U of L and UK are a mix of the two. Could be better than what it is if U of L actually won more.
I don't think win/loss plays that much of a role, tbh....Duke/UNC are basically even, but the rivalry is nowhere near as intense as UL/UK. I mean even IF SOME UK fans say the game is "meh" due to how lopsided it has been, you can bet your ass those same fans wanna win---Regardless how one-sided it has been.

Also, I really think you are overlooking the Indiana/UK rivalry-----and even more so, the Indiana/Purdue. But I 100% agree with KU/Mizzou. That shit goes beyond sports.

Note: I've mentioned this already, but----Cincy/Xavier is ****ing ridiculous. About 6 years ago or so---I think---I worked UC/Xavier BASEBALL game. Dude.........Yikes. The shit yelled from the stands, and the dugouts----Wow. Not sure what inning, but a cat from Xavier hit a ****ing bomb----He gave it a nice looooooooon look, before flipping his bat, and yelling---"Little League fastball". Welp next dude caught one in the back, abd well.............Here we go. Warnings issued, but no ejections, and really no further issues. But ****, you could feel the intesity, the hate---and were just waitng for a brawl.

Those two schools ****ing hat one another...

8 wins Bert? 😀
No UK would still have 8 titles. UK has lost a few games because of infractions.

UK has been a popular destination for basketball players to the point that Kentucky did not have to cheat. UK has always had the biggest following in the sport and for decades all of their games were on TV which really added to the following. Additionally, they have always had a large radio following that really fueled the following early on in the 1930's and 40's.

ADVERTISEMENT