ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest college rivals?

Yep. IU and PU has passion. Did they not play a game without fans one year?
not sure about playing w/o fans....but ive been to a few games, hoops and football-----trust me, aint no love loss there. You think IU fans were nasty to UK? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Go to an IU/ pu game. I mean now dont ge wrong, its not some free for all, jersey bar fight. ive met a ton of great Purdue fans....but it can, and does, get heated. Especially at football games. Tailgating can be quite the entertainment.

Edit: i umpired Purdue/IU before. even for baseball, its a street fight. all 3 games we had multiple bench warnings, had to shut down shit talk......i worked 1st base for first game, and man the shit id hear??? Wow. At times you felt every pitch was gonna find someones ear hole...

This is more of a semi-related comment than anything else, but I actually like out-of-state rivalries better sometimes - like OSU-Michigan, Texas-Oklahoma, Florida-Georgia, Missouri-Kansas, Illinois-Missouri, Indiana-Kentucky, etc. It adds some extra hatred and removes familiarity.

I’ve found T to here’s almost this weird, paradoxical “state pride” dynamic with many instate rivalries - yes, they “hate each other,” but they are proud of their rivalry as an expression of the passion for college sports in their states, they usually obsess about each other and know comparatively little about other states’ teams, they know tons of family/friends who cheer for the other team and it just generally has more of a high school crosstown feel. This is less true for a city school vs. a state school (Louisville/Kentucky) than it is for two state schools (Indiana/Purdue).

Don’t get me wrong, the instate rivalries are awesome and have plenty of hate … but there’s something about, say, Georgia and Florida playing where it’s more like going to literal war where you don’t know the other side and don’t care to, either! 😂

Reactions: Random UK Fan
It's the best one and everyone here knows it. Numbers/Ratings don't lie, both teams are usually ranked, at times both ranked in the top 5, what other rivalry can compare to that? The other rivalries are good but let's say if UK/UL played the same time as UNC/duke, take away the numbers in NC and KY and who do you think will have the most viewers? Bottom line is when these teams play, everyone watches.
We’re several days into this thread and there hasn’t been one rivalry sounding word between you or any other UNC fan and dook fans. Prove me wrong. Hell I’ll even page some for you to prove to me you aren’t just like those gophers!

OK. Get to it you bad asses. Show us UK & UL fans how it should be!

We’re several days into this thread and there hasn’t been one rivalry sounding word between you or any other UNC fan and dook fans. Prove me wrong. Hell I’ll even page some for you to prove to me you aren’t just like those gophers!

I said it already. Numbers don’t lie but you use numbers stating your claim as the #1 program. If you need other posters to validate your claim you already lost.

Duke and UNC are ESPN rivals.

Before ESPN there was no UNC/DUKE rivalry. Hell they were not even on TV. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: Yet Another UK Fan
That's what I thought. When you get hit with facts you don't engage and you will go off topic. You're not ready.

Still waiting on even one cross word from your best rivalry you say you play chief. Just one.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm sure it's hard to believe for you folks in Booneville, but most people aren't going to lunge at each other's throats just because you stick them in a cage together.
Hey prick, where is "Booneville"?

Are you insulting my heritage? 5 U.S. Presidents are my relatives, boozo.

I have never heard of "Booneville". Post a Google map of "Booneville". Are you that stupid? So explain what the crap you are talking about?

Booneville?

Kentucky existed as the "Kentucky County" of Virginia. We were one of the original 13 states, battles in the Revolution were fought in Kentucky turd head.

In the War of 1812 67% of all American soldier's deaths were Kentucky soldiers. The hero's of the "Battle of New Orleans" were Kentucky soldiers.

Where were the damned Kansas folks? They did not exist. Kansas did not exist.

GEEZE! So why don't you go stick it!

I have never heard of "Booneville". Are you that stupid? So explain what the crap you are talking about?

Booneville?

Kentucky existed as the "Kentucky County" of Virginia. We were one of the original 13 states, battles in the Revolution were fought in Kentucky turd head.

In the War of 1812 67% of all American soldier's deaths were Kentucky soldiers. The hero's of the "Battle of New Orleans" were Kentucky soldiers.

You can’t listen to Kansas fans Bert. They cheat.

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

I have never heard of "Booneville". Post a Google map of "Booneville". Are you that stupid? So explain what the crap you are talking about?

Booneville?

Solid rant!

Ever heard of Google?

This topic has been done to death over my 13-14 years here so I don't feel like doing it yet again.

I'm sure it's hard to believe for you folks in Booneville, but most people aren't going to lunge at each other's throats just because you stick them in a cage together.

I actually have Booneville in my territory! You couldn’t have come up with a more random town.

Last edited:
This topic has been done to death over my 13-14 years here so I don't feel like doing it yet again.
Well @AWilli6995 i don’t know how else to provide UNC fans an opportunity to present something compelling about your 2 teams being the biggest rivalry. If this doesn’t show how flaccid the rivalry is all the ESPN pumping in the world can’t make it happen either. At least the opportunity was presented I guess. Maybe some other time.

Well @AWilli6995 i don’t know how else to provide UNC fans an opportunity to present something compelling about your 2 teams being the biggest rivalry. If this doesn’t show how flaccid the rivalry is all the ESPN pumping in the world can’t make it happen either. At least the opportunity was presented I guess. Maybe some other time.

I already told your dumb ass what the deal was. It’s not my fault you can’t comprehend facts and numbers that don’t work in UK’s favor.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT