ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest college rivals?

I’m going to say that UK/U of L and IU/Purdue are the most heated, and UNC/Duke are the biggest but are a bit underwhelming in terms of passion. Even their fans here are a bit sedate to one another.

I’m going to say that UK/U of L and IU/Purdue are the most heated, and UNC/Duke are the biggest but are a bit underwhelming in terms of passion. Even their fans here are a bit sedate to one another.
Duke/UNC fans after the game...

friends%20gif%206.gif

Agree.......but dont sell KU/Missouri, short... That game goes deeper than just basketball..

I’ll tell you who ISNT. Duke and UNC should really just be honorable mention. You watch - by the time this thread runs it’s course fans from those two programs won’t even exchange anything lightly heated. All those hicks are to busy trying to be like those 2 gophers. There is no passion in those fans at all. They don’t even bother to show up here to talk basketball.. They’re all to busy trying to devirginize themselves. Have any of you even kissed a girl before!?

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Duke/UNC= soft, neighbothood wiffle ball game rivalry.... 😁

It's the best one and everyone here knows it. Numbers/Ratings don't lie, both teams are usually ranked, at times both ranked in the top 5, what other rivalry can compare to that? The other rivalries are good but let's say if UK/UL played the same time as UNC/duke, take away the numbers in NC and KY and who do you think will have the most viewers? Bottom line is when these teams play, everyone watches.

From a UK perspective I actually think that UK versus UT is up there simply based on the length of time in the rivalry. UK vs UL just got started and until the UL faithful, under Crum, raised hell to the State government it was not a rivalry. UK did not need UL series as Joe B. Hall says if UK does not win every game then they are losers.

Last edited:
UNC vs Duke is the #1 CBB rivalry.

thread/

IU vs UK should be one of the best. Probably won't happen until Cal is retired or gone but I wish that series would come back.

Overall it has to be UNC/Duke. Aren't they like dead even in wins against each other the last 200+ meetings or something like that. It can't get much closer.

It's the best one and everyone here knows it. Numbers/Ratings don't lie, both teams are usually ranked, at times both ranked in the top 5, what other rivalry can compare to that? The other rivalries are good but let's say if UK/UL played the same time as UNC/duke, take away the numbers in NC and KY and who do you think will have the most viewers? Bottom line is when these teams play, everyone watches.
Numbers are for ratings, but UK/UL doesn't require an audience. The hate is organic. It's more like an alley fight. Hell, even our threads are sabotaged by each other. I say you can have the numbers. It's passion that decides in my book. Duke/UNC let's the media do their tallking. UK/UL fans square up. Have you all even spoken this off season?

Last edited:
I’ll tell you who ISNT. Duke and UNC should really just be honorable mention. You watch - by the time this thread runs it’s course fans from those two programs won’t even exchange anything lightly heated. All those hicks are to busy trying to be like those 2 gophers. There is no passion in those fans at all. They don’t even bother to show up here to talk basketball.. They’re all to busy trying to devirginize themselves. Have any of you even kissed a girl before!?

maxresdefault.jpg
I remember those gophers! This is pretty accurate! Duke fan: "ESPN says we're the best.". UNC fan: "Maybe. Maybe not.".

ESPN: "TENSE! Tune in!"

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Numbers are for ratings, but UK/UL doesn't require an audience. The hate is organic. It's more like an alley fight. Hell, even our threads are sabotaged by each other. I say you can have the numbers. It's passion that decides in my book. Duke/UNC let's the media do their tallking. UK/UL fans square up. Have you all even spoken this off season?

Numbers don’t lie. More on the line with the UNC/duke rivalry than UK/UL. You’ll never see that game on prime time unless you 2 meet in the FF. Passion is part of it, teams playing on a high level year after year with conference title/seedlings at stake makes this rivalry the best.

When basically any combination of KU/UNC/Duke/Kentucky play, people watch. Doesn't mean they're all great rivalries.

Duke/UNC is the best from the standpoint of being competitive and consistently high-level, but not from a standpoint of intensity.

Numbers don’t lie. More on the line with the UNC/duke rivalry than UK/UL. You’ll never see that game on prime time unless you 2 meet in the FF. Passion is part of it, teams playing on a high level year after year with conference title/seedlings at stake makes this rivalry the best.
UL has shit the bed when holding up their end, but if UL is good, then it's not even close with the amount of passion.

When basically any combination of KU/UNC/Duke/Kentucky play, people watch. Doesn't mean they're all great rivalries.

Duke/UNC is the best from the standpoint of being competitive and consistently high-level, but not from a standpoint of intensity.

Ok, I get your point with the intensity angle but if one of the teams are garbage or both are IMO it doesn't carry any weight.

this.....It might be the "biggest", but its a far cry from most heated..... imo, its a media driven rivalry. like you siad-----they can have the numbers----ill take the passion driven.

IU/PU. UK/UL and KU/ MZ are electric, heated, ally fight wars.

this.....It might be the "biggest", but its a far cry from most heated..... imo, its a media driven rivalry. like you siad-----they can have the numbers----ill take the passion driven.

IU/PU. UK/UL and KU/ MZ are electric, heated, ally fight wars.
Yep. IU and PU has passion. Did they not play a game without fans one year?

Passion doesn't dictate who's watching. This years FF matchup proved that.

proved, what? UNC/Oregon FF game drew more viewers. MOF, the game ranks 5th behind UK/Wisky, UNC/Oregon, MD/KU and Duke/MD.

The game was huge, no doubt---but it was bolstered by the fact that the two had never met in the ncaat, much less the FF.

proved, what? UNC/Oregon FF game drew more viewers. MOF, the game ranks 5th behind UK/Wisky, UNC/Oregon, MD/KU and Duke/MD.

The game was huge, no doubt---but it was bolstered by the fact that the two had never met in the ncaat, much less the FF.

Your last sentence proved my point and on top of that it's been viewed as the best rivalry in college basketball. The Oregon/UNC game had more viewers ahead of the this years FF matchup.

Your last sentence proved my point and on top of that it's been viewed as the best rivalry in college basketball. The Oregon/UNC game had more viewers ahead of the this years FF matchup.
Huh? The game was big----but it was bolstered by two big story lines: never meeting in the ncaat, and K's retirement. You would think those two story lines, combined with the rivalry, that the ratings would have crushed all past games-----but it didn't. MOF, wasnt even close.

Huh? The game was big----but it was bolstered by two big story lines: never meeting in the ncaat, and K's retirement. You would think those two story lines, combined with the rivalry, that the ratings would have crushed all past games-----but it didn't. MOF, wasnt even close.

Alot of people streamed the game including me and I wouldn't know if that will have any effect on the final numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT