ADVERTISEMENT

BEST CLASS IN HISTORY.

Ha. I’ve never understood why tweets/posts like this matter to anyone w a brain. I mean, every team has their dumbass fans. I can only guess that those who worry about what said dumbasses say are part of that same crowd. It’s like concerning yourself w what posters like crazy and phillfan have to say.

Ok? And?

Ha. I’ve never understood why tweets/posts like this matter to anyone w a brain. I mean, every team has their dumbass fans. I can only guess that those who worry about what said dumbasses say are part of that same crowd. It’s like concerning yourself w what posters like crazy and phillfan have to say.

It's Q. He is just like that.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I know one thing. This is going to be a fun group to watch and nobody is going to want to try and defend them. Could potentially have multiple SC top 10 nominees each night they play.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Lol. Negative. Remember the UK team with damn near 10 McDonald’s kids? You do know you need more than four highly ranked freshmen right? Defense, adjustment to college? Not saying they don’t have a great chance to win it all but 40-0 is laughable. Also factor in you have to have vets to help freshmen along the way. They will take lumps, especially road games but come tournament time the ceiling is high. Defending the post/rim will be a issue if you are relying on Bolden and the other below average Duke bigs

What a haul. No reason that team shouldn't go 40-0.

Lol, I'm not sure if you are serious or not. Hopefully you are aware I'm not.

Grew up a duke fan when SC beat them in the final four last year he knew what he was to do.

Lol. Negative. Remember the UK team with damn near 10 McDonald’s kids? You do know you need more than four highly ranked freshmen right? Defense, adjustment to college? Not saying they don’t have a great chance to win it all but 40-0 is laughable. Also factor in you have to have vets to help freshmen along the way. They will take lumps, especially road games but come tournament time the ceiling is high. Defending the post/rim will be a issue if you are relying on Bolden and the other below average Duke bigs

You should likely save yourself the trouble, and just ignore the millions of UK fans who are going to insist, in some strange, face-saving attempt, that this Duke team should go 40-0. Not one Duke fan is going to believe that can happen.

Best what? Best team? I never saw them play because I was born in 1990, so I can't comment on that. But I've never seen anyone argue that team as best.

Best program? You named one player. That doesn't make a program. If you say that titles are the only thing that matters then fine, you still have to call us #2 in history.

What are you trying to say? I don't get your post, especially because I don't see what it has to do with what I was talking about.

What I am trying to say is that UCLA getting Alcindor is the single best recruiting class in history. Lew and the four others were better than any recruiting class since..The record of his teams speaks for itself. If you were born in the 90's you have missed one hell of a lot of history of college bball, and have missed out on seeing so many stars that built the game.

I think he hat people forget is what makes a recruiting class good/great etc is production. Ohio states calls is very underrated but should always be in the discussion since that class went to the title game in year one!!

I've been reading some rupp rafters (hilarious couple of days over there) plus some comments on this board and I'm just curious if some of you guys think K is still coaching team USA? I've heard multiple times what an advantage it is and that's how he got these 2018 recruits but he stepped down after the last Olympics. Now Calipari did coach some of them (and against another) and some of his other targets that he missed on this Summer so... is coaching the US team an advantage period or is it only an advantage when you do it well and not embarrass the country and yourself by losing to Canada?

I've been reading some rupp rafters (hilarious couple of days over there) plus some comments on this board and I'm just curious if some of you guys think K is still coaching team USA? I've heard multiple times what an advantage it is and that's how he got these 2018 recruits but he stepped down after the last Olympics. Now Calipari did coach some of them (and against another) and some of his other targets that he missed on this Summer so... is coaching the US team an advantage period or is it only an advantage when you do it well and not embarrass the country and yourself by losing to Canada?

*pulls up a chair with popcorn*

Now some may accuse you of doing the same for simply calling this out.

Very good, very good. I will be enjoying my popcorn as well.

I'm SO glad someone else has asked this... I was wondering the same thing!

Maybe they mean that doing it in the past was an advantage even now. That's all I could figure. Not sure how they handle the whole "Cal is a USA coach right now" thing, but they also rationalized Cal being the DR coach when he wanted to land KAT, sooooo....

BTW, some serious hate out there. @LineSkiCat14 , @morgousky , Carwood , @Cowtown Cat ... spewing SUCH crazy venom, insisting that Duke and Coach Capel engineered Zion's announcement to specifically mess with Kentucky like some form of Bond villain, that Zion is a smug smartass who is dumb and has a terrible family, that Duke people are a bunch of bandwagon MFers and they want to piss on our souls... hell, guys are literally wishing bad health on K so that their college basketball team gets better recruits.

Nobody does crazy like Rafters. A few of those guys even post here.

Reactions: Quavarius
What I am trying to say is that UCLA getting Alcindor is the single best recruiting class in history. Lew and the four others were better than any recruiting class since..The record of his teams speaks for itself. If you were born in the 90's you have missed one hell of a lot of history of college bball, and have missed out on seeing so many stars that built the game.

Actually, I think all that you are doing is copying an article from the Sporting News.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...barrett-cam-reddish/4n8a7dhf0iub1raxko3hnkmbd

Maybe they mean that doing it in the past was an advantage even now. That's all I could figure. Not sure how they handle the whole "Cal is a USA coach right now" thing, but they also rationalized Cal being the DR coach when he wanted to land KAT, sooooo....

BTW, some serious hate out there. @LineSkiCat14 , @morgousky , Carwood , @Cowtown Cat ... spewing SUCH crazy venom, insisting that Duke and Coach Capel engineered Zion's announcement to specifically mess with Kentucky like some form of Bond villain, that Zion is a smug smartass who is dumb and has a terrible family, that Duke people are a bunch of bandwagon MFers and they want to piss on our souls... hell, guys are literally wishing bad health on K so that their college basketball team gets better recruits.

Morgous and Cowtown might literally be ******ed. Which is low key offensive to the mentally challenged.

Reactions: tw3301 and TheDude1

Dude, don't tag guys from RR. They'll just come over here.

Reactions: TheDude1
Do you Duke guys think K will try and talk a big into reclassifying for next year? I would kind of be surprised if he didn't.

Do you Duke guys think K will try and talk a big into reclassifying for next year? I would kind of be surprised if he didn't.
I don't know, depends on Bolden. If he comes back I doubt it, if he's leaning towards leaving it's possible or a grad transfer like Reid Travis.

I don't know, depends on Bolden. If he comes back I doubt it, if he's leaning towards leaving it's possible or a grad transfer like Reid Travis.

Travis is good but is kind of a tool at times.

If and when they win B2B NCs, I'll concur. Until then UF has the most recent "best ever" anything in NCAAM

images-1.jpeg

I get the (decent) troll post, but did you root against the Calipari coached Team USA? Some just seem a little glad they lost.

I remember a certain poster on THR (think three stooges) saying he couldn't root for USA with K coaching and he got torn apart by the rest of the board. You have to be a pretty big tool to not root for your own country over something so trivial.

I remember a certain poster on THR (think three stooges) saying he couldn't root for USA with K coaching and he got torn apart by the rest of the board. You have to be a pretty big tool to not root for your own country over something so trivial.
I agree.

Reactions: tw3301

Said poster has established himself very definitively as a tool. He is hysterical though.

I second that.

Thirded. I don't really have much against Cal or UK except that I'd like to beat them if we play. That's about it. No idea why anyone would root against Team USA because of him coaching it... although I did get a chuckle of the fact that some UK fans bitched about K coaching a USA team, and then A) said it was fine when Cal coached the Dominican Team purely and obviously for a recruiting advantage and B) saw Cal get a chance, and then not win, after they said that anyone could just roll out a ball and win with Team USA. Certain amount of schadenfreude there.

Reactions: Quavarius
ADVERTISEMENT