ADVERTISEMENT

Barrett Getting Bashed

Lol, so much for the love for Barrett. Damn dude is a stud and just wanted his team to win. We have shitty fans also, but that’s over the top

Those dudes were really thinking that 40-0 was a legit thing they may do.
Those guys believed it was going to happen. They forget duke plays in the acc when on any given night, you can lose to any team except the likes of Clemson it took them 20 years to beat unc. The pressure is immense. If you ever considered a loss a good one this is a good learning for duke. They also played a very good ranked number 3 team. All schools have idiots that troll the players. It pathetic to do that to an 18 year old kid

Lol, so much for the love for Barrett. Damn dude is a stud and just wanted his team to win. We have shitty fans also, but that’s over the top
To be honest...everybody watching it thought the same thing. Zion not getting a single opportunity while Barrett forces another shot at the rim disregarding ooennteammates.

To be honest...everybody watching it thought the same thing. Zion not getting a single opportunity while Barrett forces another shot at the rim disregarding ooennteammates.
Totally agree. In those last possessions atleast one of the three you gotta get Zion the ball and let him back it down. That was unacceptable. K should of called a play for Zion or even reddish.

I don't know about K calling a play there. The offense is kind of the offense and it had been successful to that point. The plays are sort of manufactured out of the offense and Barrett has been successful with his drives.

Dude just interrupted Walton and said something like, 'Sorry to interrupt whatever that list was you were doing there', lol. I love Walton but love it even more when he has a guy with him who will entertain as well.

Those guys believed it was going to happen. They forget duke plays in the acc when on any given night, you can lose to any team except the likes of Clemson it took them 20 years to beat unc. The pressure is immense. If you ever considered a loss a good one this is a good learning for duke. They also played a very good ranked number 3 team. All schools have idiots that troll the players. It pathetic to do that to an 18 year old kid

They lost outside of the ACC

It’s the internet. These kids are going to be called much worse as they continue in toward the nba.

Most importantly this should serve as a learning moment for RJ. Obviously he wanted the ball and to help his team get the win. He made several bad choices, and honestly it’s on K more than it is RJ. K should have put an end to it after the first two failed attempts.

Good news is he learned some valuable in November and hopefully grows from it as the season progresses. I’m glad RJ is in a Duke uniform. It’s juat unfortunate some go to these extremes. Gotta love the internet.

It’s the internet. These kids are going to be called much worse as they continue in toward the nba.

Most importantly this should serve as a learning moment for RJ. Obviously he wanted the ball and to help his team get the win. He made several bad choices, and honestly it’s on K more than it is RJ. K should have put an end to it after the first two failed attempts.

Good news is he learned some valuable in November and hopefully grows from it as the season progresses. I’m glad RJ is in a Duke uniform. It’s juat unfortunate some go to these extremes. Gotta love the internet.

Yeah, tbh I wish he wouldn't learn any lessons yet. I would prefer he learn them in March, lol. This is why I said earlier this was a good night for everyone. Non-Duke fans because this killer team can be beat. Duke fans because they saw their team right back and learn some things about themselves.

The way that Barrett is getting bashed by fans is ridiculous. Yeah he made some poor shot decisions but I’m glad he’s on our team because he’s going to make a whole lot more good shots this season than he will bad shots. He’s a freshman that was use to being the go to guy on his high school team so at times he’s probably going to feel like it’s up to him when the game is on the line. He reminds me a lot of Tatum early in his freshman season because he would force a lot of bad shots but he eventually came around and started relying on his teammates more and I’m sure that as the season goes on Barrett will do the same, especially since he’s second on the team in assists behind Jones. I think the biggest issue when he drives to the basket is that sometimes he’s a bit out of control which leads to him missing the shot or getting his shot altered/blocked like in the game against Gonzaga. I’m confident that as the season goes along he’ll get better at his shot selection and be more in control when he drives to the basket. As far as the 40-0 talk, anyone that actually believe that we would go undefeated is out of their damn minds because we play in the ACC and no one has gone undefeated in the ACC in years because the conference keeps getting harder year after year. The only people that I ever saw on Duke’s board here on rivals were opposing fans trying to troll and Duke fans making fun of opposing fans trying to troll.

Wtf is wrong with people? I guess having a twitter account (or whatever) is worth this?

That is the negative side of social media. These kids have had mostly encouraging experiences with it so far. But now they are in a national spotlight which opens them up to situations like these. I can and have said things about players out of frustration that I would never say directly to them. But there are so many people out there that have no shame in insulting teenage kids because they're team lost. It's a shame. The worst of them is the guy who called him a piece of shit. It's a fvcking game in November. The real piece of shit is you.

On Barrett, I was really annoyed that it was him or no one at the end of the game. But I guarantee you that K is the reason why he kept the ball each time. But these crazy fans probably won't publicly call K a piece of shit.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Eh, people on the internet are douchebags. This isn’t news:)

As a few have said, likely more on K, and I think Jones or maybe Zion should have had the last shot. But you learn, you feel what this feels like, you hate it, you watch film, and you move on.

And no rational human being throught Duke was going undefeated. Not one. But there are irrational people out there...

As a few have said, likely more on K, and I think Jones or maybe Zion should have had the last shot. But you learn, you feel what this feels like, you hate it, you watch film, and you move on.

And no rational human being throught Duke was going undefeated. Not one. But there are irrational people out there...

Two loaded Duke grads bet me $1k each that Duke would go undefeated. Love irrational people that are loaded and don’t give a crap about money.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
I am 67 years old and there is a reason that I do not have twitter, instagram or the rest of that crap. This is the reason. People get so carried away with social media controlling their lives, they live for it, it is like cocaine to them. Living your life through a keyboard is not healthy, IMO.

Reactions: KyFaninNC

Yeah, but if RJ passed the ball to Jones and he missed, K would be getting roasted for not putting the ball in his best player's hands.
Different story if Zion missed though, tha's more excusable, but some will still complain. They allowed themselves to believe that Duke couldn't lose.

Kentucky fans be like

giphy.gif

I am 67 years old and there is a reason that I do not have twitter, instagram or the rest of that crap. This is the reason. People get so carried away with social media controlling their lives, they live for it, it is like cocaine to them. Living your life through a keyboard is not healthy, IMO.

I get that. I'm also not trying to convince you to do the Twitter. However, most of us have it for the information that it provides, which really is pretty legit. It is a great format for quickly knowing what is going on in whatever you are interested in.

Reactions: KisteK
I get that. I'm also not trying to convince you to do the Twitter. However, most of us have it for the information that it provides, which really is pretty legit. It is a great format for quickly knowing what is going on in whatever you are interested in.
Exactly. I go to twitter for news.

ADVERTISEMENT