ADVERTISEMENT

B12 actually flexing nuts

Def been impressed by the Big 12 so far. I still have zero faith in Baylor. Gonzaga or Illinois remain my picks.

Watching Shaka’s teams try to run offense is a bit frustrating. He can coach defense fine, but as an offensive coach he is completely inept and continues to underutilize his talent.

UT guards are getting dominated. Abilene Christian came locked in and ready to play. They muddied the waters and its working.

UT guards are getting dominated. Abilene Christian came locked in and ready to play. They muddied the waters and its working.
UT is settling for jumpers. When you got a 7 footer athletic enough to dribble in from the perimeter and do the euro-step, you damn well better use him. It’s astonishing how badly he underutilizes his big men. He’s got quick guards and athletic big men. Stop shooting jump shots and get to the rim.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
UT is settling for jumpers. When you got a 7 footer athletic enough to dribble in from the perimeter and do the euro-step, you damn well better use him. It’s astonishing how badly he underutilizes his big men. He’s got quick guards and athletic big men. Stop shooting jump shots and get to the rim.
Totally agree with the big man part. As far as the guards go, UT's guards are dribbling the ball off their feet and heaving no-look prayers to Casper the friendly ghost.

Damn, Andrew Jones with a huge 3. Now UT clinging to life in the right side of the scoreboard.

Cannot believe they called that foul. Swallowed the whistle all night. ACU got away with soooo much. Like West Virginia used to.
That all being said ACU played one helluva game and brought energy from tip to horn. Huge props.

Big 12 & Big Ten each had a terrible first round loss- well two for Big Ten..

Cannot believe they called that foul. Swallowed the whistle all night. ACU got away with soooo much. Like West Virginia used to.
That all being said ACU played one helluva game and brought energy from tip to horn. Huge props.
Yeah that situation happens on 99% of rebounding attempts and is hardly called. Pretty weak foul call, but the guy they fouled who was a 59% FT shooter and nailed both FT's like it was nothing. What an ending.

I'm fine with it. I remember when TTU played UT in our 2nd game a foul was called with 0.02 seconds left TTU was up 66-65. Coleman knocked down 2 free throws and UT won 67-66.

Shaka has to be gone now. Everything he’s been doing at Texas was apparently building for this specific year.

Reactions: toonces11
How does a team with those guards commit so many turnovers?

They just choked and panicked, couldn’t handle the pressure in March, while the coach did nothing to help the guys get loose. Shaka Smart is more suited for a small mid major school as a 10-12th seed ‘cause there will be less pressure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT