ADVERTISEMENT

Awesome opening games in the first four

My heart sunk when we left the shooter open on the wing. Can’t believe they missed that shot, AND the ensuing tip-in. But, survive and advance!!

Reactions: TKBray
My heart sunk when we left the shooter open on the wing. Can’t believe they missed that shot, AND the ensuing tip-in. But, survive and advance!!

I bet it did lol. That might be the most wide open game winning shot attempt I've ever seen. I didn't realize just how poor of a 3 point shooting team Miss St was this season though. One of the worst at 28%. If that's the case, I can't imagine that that was the shot they really wanted out of that set since they were only down by 1.

Seemed like a horribly blown defensive play by Pitt but maybe not. Pack the paint and make one of the worst shooting teams try to win it with a three, and it worked.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

The tip-in was astounding. How did Jeffries miss that badly? I think he could have used both hands in that instance to guide the ball with more precision.

But, proud of Pittsburgh. They battled and played well, despite being crushed on the glass... I followed Pitt super closely Capel's first few years. Then, I just gave up on the program after the XJ-Trey-Toney locker room drama. Between that and inheriting a team that went 0-18 in ACC play the year before, Capel has come a long ways. Happy for the success he's had this year. Hope he can sustain it.

I bet it did lol. That might be the most wide open game winning shot attempt I've ever seen. I didn't realize just how poor of a 3 point shooting team Miss St was this season though. One of the worst at 28%. If that's the case, I can't imagine that that was the shot they really wanted out of that set since they were only down by 1.

Seemed like a horribly blown defensive play by Pitt but maybe not. Pack the paint and make one of the worst shooting teams try to win it with a three, and it worked.

26.6%. Good for DFL in all of college basketball. Allowed Capel to pack it inside on defense and not allow any room for Tolu Smith to operate.

Reactions: TKBray
26.6%. Good for DFL in all of college basketball. Allowed Capel to pack it inside on defense and not allow any room for Tolu Smith to operate.

Yikes! That is horrid. Surprised an SEC team would be that awful at shooting. That definitely made it easier to crowd Smith inside, but I was impressed with the Diaz Graham twins. They were more physical than I expected and held their own despite the weight disparity.

The tip-in was astounding. How did Jeffries miss that badly? I think he could have used both hands in that instance to guide the ball with more precision.

But, proud of Pittsburgh. They battled and played well, despite being crushed on the glass... I followed Pitt super closely Capel's first few years. Then, I just gave up on the program after the XJ-Trey-Toney locker room drama. Between that and inheriting a team that went 0-18 in ACC play the year before, Capel has come a long ways. Happy for the success he's had this year. Hope he can sustain it.
It seemed like he strictly prioritized talent his first couple years here, which resulted in the turmoil you mentioned. The last year or two he’s really embraced high-character over everything else. I truly believe our success is a result of the leaders in that locker room.

Reactions: dukedevilz
It seemed like he strictly prioritized talent his first couple years here, which resulted in the turmoil you mentioned. The last year or two he’s really embraced high-character over everything else. I truly believe our success is a result of the leaders in that locker room.

Glad to hear it. Love Capel and really want that program to succeed.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT