ADVERTISEMENT

Avenatti says Nike EYBL execs. were willing to pay for college players

Right, but see, nobody can sit here and say that UK/Calipari or K/Duke or Roy/UNC are definitely paying players. Maybe Nike/Adidas/Under armor are, but there's nothing the schools and coaches can do about that.

Now, if the coaches are working with those agents, like what "allegedly" was happening at UL, KU, LSU, Maryland and Arizona, then there's a huge problem and that's what I'm talking about. There's a huge difference between the school, coaches or agents of the school paying players and shoe companies paying players without the coaches or school knowing about it. I don't know what to believe, so I'm not going to just run around on here acting like I know, which a few are currently doing because their schools have already been caught.

Now here comes the "you're naive if you think they're all not working together, the coaches have to know… ". Yeah, well, again, nobody knows the true inner workings of what's going on at this point, so anyone telling others that they are silly because they aren't just calling everyone cheaters is just being an ass.
Why would I say your naive? I said it's quite possible Cal has no idea. It's what I mean when I say, "so many others involved." Hell for I know, Mark Cuban could be funneling cash for IU. That's what I mean by being naive. UK has some DEEEEP pocket donors. There is no way any of us know what those dudes are doing.

Interesting. Looks like KU has one more than UK. I can see why y’all are so self-righteous. Despite boasting maybe the loudest two.

Jan 11, 1957 - University of Kansas
Improper recruiting inducement and transportation.

Nov 01, 1988 - University of Kansas
Improper recruiting inducements, contacts, transportation and entertainment; lack of institutional control.

Jan 10, 1953 - University of Kentucky
Improper financial aid; eligibility.

May 19, 1989 - University of Kentucky
Cash provided to prospective student-athlete; academic fraud; unethical conduct; lack of institutional control. [UPHELD AFTER APPEAL BY COACH.]

Oct 26, 1960 - University of Kansas
Extra benefits; improper recruiting contacts and entertainment.

Aug 17, 1972 - University of Kansas
Improper financial aid and transportation; extra benefits; improper recruiting entertainment, inducements and transportation; academic fraud; eligibility; unethical conduct.

Oct 12, 2006 - University of Kansas
Impermissible inducements and benefits

Dec 01, 1976 - University of Kentucky
Improper entertainment, financial aid, lodging and transportation; extra benefits; out-of-season practice; complimentary tickets; improper recruiting entertainment, inducements and transportation; excessive number of official visits; outside fund; questionable practice; institutional control; certification of compliance.

Mar 03, 1988 - University of Kentucky
Failure to cooperate fully with investigation.
Yes you guys are winning 5 to 4 in major infractions, however, we're not under current investigations. You can potentially run away with this competition.

But hey, go on with assumptions about what might be happening at UK. It's full on entertainment for me.

Reactions: RipThru and kyjeff1
Why would I say your naive? I said it's quite possible Cal has no idea. It's what I mean when I say, "so many others involved." Hell for I know, Mark Cuban could be funneling cash for IU. That's what I mean by being naive. UK has some DEEEEP pocket donors. There is no way any of us know what those dudes are doing.
Oh I wasn't talking about you, there are a couple of others that will chime in and say I'm naive because I'm refusing to just come out and say everyone is cheating. Since their programs and coaches have been caught red handed, everyone HAS to be cheating. .

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Oh I wasn't talking about you, there are a couple of others that will chime in and say I'm naive because I'm refusing to just come out and say everyone is cheating. Since their programs and coaches have been caught red handed, everyone HAS to be cheating. .
I'm not sure everyone is cheating. That's such a broad word, that can stretch many levels.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Yes you guys are winning 5 to 4 in major infractions, however, we're not under current investigations. You can potentially run away with this competition.

But hey, go on with assumptions about what might be happening at UK. It's full on entertainment for me.

Like I said before, if someone held a gun to your head and your life depended on correctly answering whether or not UK players have rec'd impermissable benefits in the last 10 years, I think I know what your answer would be. But I know it's fun to sit there and pretend like your boys are diamonds in the rough.

OMG
Pot meet freaking kettle. Wow, I can't believe YOU, of all people, is calling other people homers.

I'm not sure you know what that word means. It means having irrational opinions about your team. Like, y'know, saying that the SEC consistently produces elite challengers for Kentucky. Laughing

Or burying your head regarding Code, KP, the landscape of CBB and Nike.

Now please list one irrational claim that I've made in favor of my team. Go.

IU has not been relevant in basketball for decades. Glad you think they are.
I do? I just said there's a thread on RR, just for Indiana. Never said anything more. I think.you should start letting people read for you. Chances are better that you'll understand things. Otherwise ...Well, you gonna struggle brother.

Proof? Did I do that right?

Btw, doesn't Kentucky have a history of problems with the NCAA?
No UK coaches have been caught on tape talking about about willing to pay whatever it takes to get Zion. Can we say NCAA investigation.

I do? I just said there's a thread on RR, just for Indiana. Never said anything more. I think.you should start letting people read for you. Chances are better that you'll understand things. Otherwise ...Well, you gonna struggle brother.
Don't think I am your brother. If I am it is news to me.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
No UK coaches have been caught on tape talking about about willing to pay whatever it takes to get Zion. Can we say NCAA investigation.
I'd be careful , and leery of saying this. Like I said, just to many moving parts to be certain. I mean as of now, sure you are correct. But as we have seen, that can all change. And quickly.

Reactions: kl40504
Like I said before, if someone held a gun to your head and your life depended on correctly answering whether or not UK players have rec'd impermissable benefits in the last 10 years, I think I know what your answer would be. But I know it's fun to sit there and pretend like your boys are diamonds in the rough.
This is childish and makes no sense. A gun to someone's head for information the definitely don't have. None if us KNOWS anything.

I'd be careful , and leery of saying this. Like I said, just to many moving parts to be certain. I mean as of now, sure you are correct. But as we have seen, that can all change. And quickly.
By the way Borden. How is your wife? Hope she is feeling better.

By the way Borden. How is your wife? Hope she is feeling better.
She's doing better. Medication has really helped. She had another CT scan. It came back "ok". She goes back to doctor on Wed. Still has some moments. It's sad to watch...Thank you for asking.

It was in Dawkins ledger with about 50 other names maybe more. If u haven’t seen the ledger or read about it by now I’m not gonna go digging for it. Google is ur friend.

And before u ask no I’ve never been in the same room as Dawkins or bam so I personally never saw any money change hands, which I guess is the burden of proof we are working off of now.

everyone has seen that document
what i am missing is who got the "bad loan" it could have been given to coach or anyone
all is says is "Bam" with bad loan beside it
what it does not say is that Bam or his mother was given that "bad loan"

i am still waiting for you to provide a link on who actually got that loan

Quit being so obtuse, dude. When the pics/story came out about it, there was a thread on RR pertaining to it. And not o my that, it was talked about endlessly during the scandals of "pay for play". Quit acting like Kentucky fans are above this type of shit. **** dude..theres a thread about IU on there everyday. Jesus. But hey, if I get the time, I'll go look it up, and post ....OK?

again provide a link or quit talking out your ass

it is an easy out to say "oh golly gee whiz it was on RR"

everyone has seen that document
what i am missing is who got the "bad loan" it could have been given to coach or anyone
all is says is "Bam" with bad loan beside it
what it does not say is that Bam or his mother was given that "bad loan"

i am still waiting for you to provide a link on who actually got that loan

I’m sure Dawkins just put bams name in his ledger bc he is jealous of the greatness of uk or bc he knew having a uk player in his ledger would make it more newsworthy. That’s how all this works isn’t it.

The document was a ledger, like for his accounting, not a novel detailing when where and how the $ was dispersed. Criminals don’t usually keep a journal bc well it’s self incriminating.

And just for the record it didn’t just say “bad loan”. It said “30k bad loan”

(Where’s the link? How do u know he actually got the money. Where was the money exchange? What if it was his mom/family/handlers with their hands out, not the player? Why isn’t the ncaa investigating this? Where’s the proof? Where’s the video? Where’s the bank records? Have I about covered all ur bases for you?

Last edited:

I just don’t belive duke or uk or anyone can be recruiting at this historic rate, better than anyone had recruited anywhere, ever, right in the middle of all this pay for play landscape, without getting their hands dirty too. But who knows maybe they are able to pin point 3-4 five stars every year that don’t have their hands out. If anybody would know it’s Kenny Payne bc he obviously knew how many of the eybl teams had family demands or asked for small ransoms or however dude phrased it.

I just don’t belive duke or uk or anyone can be recruiting at this historic rate, better than anyone had recruited anywhere, ever, right in the middle of all this pay for play landscape, without getting their hands dirty too. But who knows maybe they are able to pin point 3-4 five stars every year that don’t have their hands out. If anybody would know it’s Kenny Payne bc he obviously knew how many of the eybl teams had family demands or asked for small ransoms or however dude phrased it.

When you consider the comments by Code and Gassnola, the KP texts, the Bam “bad loan,” the large sums that were allegedly set to go to Vanderbilt’s family, etc, combined with the basic premise of recruiting at this level for this long, in a pay for play landscape...not to mention Calipari’s history at Umass and Memphis, Pitino, Sutton, Rupp, Hall (virtually every coach they’ve had has been head coach during a major investigation)...your head has to be buried pretty deep to not acknowledge the likelihood that some of these players rec’d impermissible benefits. The only real question is who is involved.

Reactions: Villian07
again provide a link or quit talking out your ass

it is an easy out to say "oh golly gee whiz it was on RR"
Ok...Laughing You BBN guys kill me. "Provide a link...Provide a link..." Yet some of you, like YOU, spew shit all the time. Yet never provide a link. Weird. :eek:
You know as well as I do there was a thread pertaining to Zion, and the infamous, "Hoise". I don't know why it's so hard for some of you to just say, "yeah, we did that..or said tbat." But for some of you, your pride won't let ya do that. You have to be "right". UK fans don't banter. They're above that. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda..Hate to break the news brother. But you guys ain't no different. You have fans who obsess over other teams, and what they do. I mean shit...Theres a thread about UL on RR, that's what ---some 2 thousand...Yes, thousand , pages deep?:eek: I mean, I get it. It's your rival. But damn....2 thousand pages? Sheesh.
Tomorrow I'll post the thread if it's still there. I can't now, because I'm on my phone. No internet out here. But I'll find it. And if I cant, I'll hire Hail to do.so.:D

Reactions: wesr
Look, MFer, there's a wiretap conversation in which an assistant coach talks specifically about their demands, and an Adidas rep echoes the same thing.

It's a pretty desperate leap to argue that it isn't true. This ain't a rumor floating on the street.

God, this gets old.

Where is the proof of this wiretap conversation? It was one guy who said it, I have not seen this “proof” written down anywhere that we could see. What I remember was some guy just said this. Perhaps you could show this written proof that Zion or family made this demand. If they made this demand, there should be some record of it other than some guy just saying it. Sorry, but no judge would just take some guys word.

And what were these specific demands that were made? Maybe you can refresh our memories of these exact demands, as you say.

Also, this sure is a rumor floating around the streets. Sorry that you seem to be the only one here pushing your agenda.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Where is the proof of this wiretap conversation? It was one guy who said it, I have not seen this “proof” written down anywhere that we could see. What I remember was some guy just said this. Perhaps you could show this written proof that Zion or family made this demand. If they made this demand, there should be some record of it other than some guy just saying it. Sorry, but no judge would just take some guys word.

And what were these specific demands that were made? Maybe you can refresh our memories of these exact demands, as you say.

Also, this sure is a rumor floating around the streets. Sorry that you seem to be the only one here pushing your agenda.

FBI wiretaps involving a coach that was directly recruiting Zion equates to rumor now? Got that head buried deep, eh?

What were the demands? Here you go:

“In this call between Mr. Code and Mr. Townsend, Mr. Townsend says ... ‘Hey, but between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know?

“And then Mr. Code says: ‘I know what he’s asking for.’ ... ‘He’s asking for opportunities from an occupational prospective. He’s asking for money in the pocket. And he’s asking for housing for him and the family.’

FBI wiretaps involving a coach that was directly recruiting Zion equates to rumor now? Got that head buried deep, eh?

“In this call between Mr. Code and Mr. Townsend, Mr. Townsend says ... ‘Hey, but between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know?

“And then Mr. Code says: ‘I know what he’s asking for.’ ... ‘He’s asking for opportunities from an occupational prospective. He’s asking for money in the pocket. And he’s asking for housing for him and the family.’

Just saying that he was recruited by several schools and there is nothing in any written form that shows these demands from any school and there is no other school saying this. I would have to think that other coaches would talk.

I’m not buried deep in any sand, I just don’t think Duke or Coach K paid Zion any money. If we take your logic, Duke would have had to pay Barrett and Reddish as well. Barrett was the top player in the class, so he would have been paid just as much if not more.

So not buried in any sand, just don’t believe Duke or Coach K we’re handing out money.

Just saying that he was recruited by several schools and there is nothing in any written form that shows these demands from any school and there is no other school saying this. I would have to think that other coaches would talk.

I’m not buried deep in any sand, I just don’t think Duke or Coach K paid Zion any money. If we take your logic, Duke would have had to pay Barrett and Reddish as well. Barrett was the top player in the class, so he would have been paid just as much if not more.

So not buried in any sand, just don’t believe Duke or Coach K we’re handing out money.

Why on Earth do you expect to see something in writing? The goal, as I understand it, is to not get caught.

I have little doubt that Barrett and/or Reddish took money as well. Doesn’t mean that K is personally cutting checks. But he’s A ok with Nike and boosters doing their thing.

So saying something doesn’t make it true unless you write it down? Who knew

Why on Earth do you expect to see something in writing? The goal, as I understand it, is to not get caught.

I have little doubt that Barrett and/or Reddish took money as well. Doesn’t mean that K is personally cutting checks. But he’s A ok with Nike and boosters doing their thing.

Actually, it appears that several coaches, including yours, didn't mind talking it up with people who can make things happen with their money. So, yes, while the goal is to not get caught, several coaches were right in the middle banging their gums to people that could be paying players.

Actually, it appears that several coaches, including yours, didn't mind talking it up with people who can make things happen with their money. So, yes, while the goal is to not get caught, several coaches were right in the middle banging their gums to people that could be paying players.

Some get careless at times. If you honestly think that there's documented proof out there for every case of impermissable benefits...well, I don't know what to tell you. You're clearly in denial about how common this is.

Btw, even in the example of Self, he was very vague and there was no discussion of anything specific. For a reason.

Who is he?

ADVERTISEMENT