ADVERTISEMENT

Avenatti on Duke

So you can infer that an improvement in a test score equals illegitimate, but not that a college student had $30,000 in cash and a $70,000 line of credit to buy jewelry is on the up and up? You are a true moron.
Yes. An improvement in an SAT of a substantial amount is pretty easy to figure out.

The store gave him the line of credit, take it up with them.
Why is a personal purchase of jewelry an NCAA item.

Lastly, Lance wasn't drafted or was a second rounder. Anyone with a brain knew he wasn't going to make a lot of money in the next year or so. BTW, what if a family member gave him the money or he inherited it.

Yes. An improvement in an SAT of a substantial amount is pretty easy to figure out.

The store gave him the line of credit, take it up with them.
Why is a personal purchase of jewelry an NCAA item.

Lastly, Lance wasn't drafted or was a second rounder. Anyone with a brain knew he wasn't going to make a lot of money in the next year or so. BTW, what if a family member gave him the money or he inherited it.

1. They refused to talk after "the settlement"
2. Because it is illegal to receive improper benefits; it was speculated that it came from an agent. If not, it would have been easy to prove and saved Coach K and Duke unnecessary scrutiny. As a side note, he was ready to cooperate in the beginning, and then suddenly reversed his course.
3. See #2

And it's just as easy to assume Thomas did something illegal as it is Rose.

1. They refused to talk after "the settlement"
2. Because it is illegal to receive improper benefits; it was speculated that it came from an agent. If not, it would have been easy to prove and saved Coach K and Duke unnecessary scrutiny. As a side note, he was ready to cooperate in the beginning, and then suddenly reversed his course.
3. See #2
Link to it coming from an agent?
Pretty dumb agent to give a non drafted FA 100k. That was LT’s senior year in January when he wasn’t on draft boards.
What was he going to say when he cooperated?

Why should he talk. Why should the store talk. Yep. Settlement mean he paid the bill.

But then again, you don’t think a huge increase in a standardized test proves anything so I question your logic.

Link to it coming from an agent?
Pretty dumb agent to give a non drafted FA 100k. That was LT’s senior year in January when he wasn’t on draft boards.
What was he going to say when he cooperated?

Why should he talk. Why should the store talk. Yep. Settlement mean he paid the bill.

But then again, you don’t think a huge increase in a standardized test proves anything so I question your logic.

Says the guy who swears UNC is guilty but Duke is squeaky clean.

Yea, a college student with no job gets $70K in credit. Makes perfect sense.

A private citizen getting credit is a violation?
How?

Stores give credit.
A student athlete receiving a line of credit is not permissible by NCAA rules. Especially a line of credit that substantial.

And with that, I'm out. You are not worth the keystrokes.

Reactions: RipThru
A student athlete receiving a line of credit is not permissible by NCAA rules. Especially a line of credit that substantial.

And with that, I'm out. You are not worth the keystrokes.
And if they buy a car?

NCAA disagrees.

You're slipping. Welcome to the party Kentucky and unc.

I'm a big Travis fan. Not sure what that has to do with UNC and Kentucky though. He mentioned the Bill Self comment about UNC and Kentucky but I don't think anyone puts much into that. Like we've said, we know from the handlers that UNC won't play their games. That doesn't mean x or y school does though.

I'm a big Travis fan. Not sure what that has to do with UNC and Kentucky though. He mentioned the Bill Self comment about UNC and Kentucky but I don't think anyone puts much into that. Like we've said, we know from the handlers that UNC won't play their games. That doesn't mean x or y school does though.
I was being facetious. Around here we take the mere mention of someone, something as proof against them.

I'm sure Zion was asking money to play at KU but totally changed his mind when Duke came calling and played for free.
Well of course this is what happened. The brotherhood, yo! The brotherhood.

I was being facetious. Around here we take the mere mention of someone, something as proof against them.

I continue to find the whole idea of wanting other schools to burn weird. I think some people would trade a year of their team sucking of it meant some rival school got busted cheating.

Reactions: UNC71-00
I continue to find the whole idea of wanting other schools to burn weird. I think some people would trade a year of their team sucking of it meant some rival school got busted cheating.
Yeah. I can't believe I have continued to post ITT. I feel like it is a huge waste of time. Because on message boards, it is public opinion that matters. And you aren't changing that no matter what reality is.

It is an interesting event however.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Actually, I believe that folks want an even playing field. The folks that refuse to cheat can always hold their heads high while the cheaters just don't care because they want to win. It will come full circle as we see Pitino as just the tip of the iceberg and I believe we will see a wave of retirements of some of the more experienced "blueblood" coaches.

Actually, I believe that folks want an even playing field. The folks that refuse to cheat can always hold their heads high while the cheaters just don't care because they want to win. It will come full circle as we see Pitino as just the tip of the iceberg and I believe we will see a wave of retirements of some of the more experienced "blueblood" coaches.

We'll just hire the next wave of up and comers.

Reactions: 5thGenJayhawk
Good for you. And I believe you are a pedophile based on your posting history. Let’s see what happens.

No response to the Bagley comment. You still think he did something wrong?

You know Duke checked Zion out with the NCAA right?
Name calling is classy and surefire evidence that you are unable to debate with logic and rationality. It takes maturity to meet that criteria.

Reactions: RipThru

Eh, I don’t really want rampant cheating but I also don’t want schools to burn. I want an even playing field as well. Roy has often had to stop recruiting players and I know other coaches have as well. That is different than desperately cheering for schools to get in trouble. It’s weird.

Name them. Bluebloods are Duke, UK, KU and UNC. Who is retiring.

Eh, I don’t really want rampant cheating but I also don’t want schools to burn. I want an even playing field as well. Roy has often had to stop recruiting players and I know other coaches have as well. That is different than desperately cheering for schools to get in trouble. It’s weird.
UNC fans still pretending they didn't cheat for 23 years. Priceless.

Reactions: mebeblue2
Name them. Bluebloods are Duke, UK, KU and UNC. Who is retiring.
I will bet that 3 out of 4 of those guys will be gone soon. Self won't retire but he will be gone from KU. KU has been on probation more than any other basketball program in the country. I believe. The FBI investigation will be too much for the NCAA to ignore, imo.

I will bet that 3 out of 4 of those guys will be gone soon. Self won't retire but he will be gone from KU. KU has been on probation more than any other basketball program in the country. I believe. The FBI investigation will be too much for the NCAA to ignore, imo.
Ok, who are the other two and will they retire because of age or due to this supposed scandal?

You'll bet that two guys in their 70's will retire soon? How soon?

Ok, who are the other two and will they retire because of age or due to this supposed scandal?
It will never be presented that way. They will decide it is time to end their careers. MK & RW will be the retirees. MK will want to preserve his legacy so he will get out, imo. RW doesn't care based upon the academic scandal so I believe he will be forced to retire.

It will never be presented that way. They will decide it is time to end their careers. MK & RW will be the retirees. MK will want to preserve his legacy so he will get out, imo. RW doesn't care based upon the academic scandal so I believe he will be forced to retire.
time frame. I mean, K is 71 or 72 and Roy is 68.

K's grandson will be on the team so I am hoping for 4 more years.

You're quite the storyteller. Do you write your own material?

I actually don’t believe UNC is caught up in this. Much like UK they’re getting the plan b and C guys. The exceptions are little and Cole Anthony. Little defected to them after Zona got busted. And Cole Anthony is going there because his dad is buddies with Hubert Davis and they trust them. The playing time vacated by white sealed the deal.

I do think Nike pushes kids to duke. Because of marketing. Duke is the top brand and it’s not close. Zion to duke equals more apparel sales for them. Not just in college but it gives him a stronger install base for when he hits the pros.

Maybe they tried Kentucky out for a few years and weren’t getting the same results.

Now if the nba is smart they’ll rig the draft so the knicks get the #1 pick.

q5vp7.jpg

You're quite the storyteller. Do you write your own material?
What is the most comical part is that many Duke fans don't actually believe any of their players ever took money to play for Duke or could care less that they did. Folks that think It was only KU, L-ville, Auburn, are just putting on blinders. It is already being determined that Zion was demanding $$$ from other schools, so it is a safe assumption that the same happened at Duke. If it walks and talks like a duck, it is a duck. Nike will be exposed because Adidas wasn't the only shoe company bribing recruits. Pitino is the first and most certainly won't be the last because the FBI could care less what the name on the front of the jersey says.

What is the most comical part is that many Duke fans don't actually believe any of their players ever took money to play for Duke or could care less that they did. Folks that think It was only KU, L-ville, Auburn, are just putting on blinders. It is already being determined that Zion was demanding $$$ from other schools, so it is a safe assumption that the same happened at Duke. If it walks and talks like a duck, it is a duck. Nike will be exposed because Adidas wasn't the only shoe company bribing recruits. Pitino is the first and most certainly won't be the last because the FBI could care less what the name on the front of the jersey says.
Opinions re great. Prove it.

ADVERTISEMENT