ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Rivers

uncfan in ky

Oct 23, 2008
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-unloads-critics-says-more-doc-rivers-son-nba

From the article: "I was the No. 1 player in high school. I was a lottery player at Duke. I was player of the year in the ACC as a freshman. People just forget about these things, like I don't deserve to be in the league. People are like, 'He was a bust! He was a bust!' No, I wasn't a bust. I just didn't play as well as a lottery pick should. I don't need any excuses. It is what it is. Sometimes things take time."

Think anybody should tell Rivers that Tyler Zeller was ACC POY during his freshman year?

Im not a fan of doc rivers and austin seems like a total d bag. Im not talking about his basketball skill---he just seems like a shithead per his ego. Also---35 million for austin rivers for 3 years----come on now

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Huge d-bag but...

tumblr_lz4u03qTd71qzwuu7o1_500.gif

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-unloads-critics-says-more-doc-rivers-son-nba

From the article: "I was the No. 1 player in high school. I was a lottery player at Duke. I was player of the year in the ACC as a freshman. People just forget about these things, like I don't deserve to be in the league. People are like, 'He was a bust! He was a bust!' No, I wasn't a bust. I just didn't play as well as a lottery pick should. I don't need any excuses. It is what it is. Sometimes things take time."

Think anybody should tell Rivers that Tyler Zeller was ACC POY during his freshman year?

Maybe he was confused by Tyler's "defense" on that last shot at the Dome?

My guess is he meant freshman of the year, which he won;)

Prolly meant ACC FOY.

Now, had Luke Kennard said the same, technically he wouldn't be lying, especially since Jackson said Kennard should've been ACC POY last year.

Maybe he’s still confused from Lehigh beating him in the tournament.

That's a pretty terrible comeback.

You realize you posted a thread bitching about a quote from a guy who played at Duke some years ago, an NBA guy, a quote that nobody could possibly give a crap about, and then topped it off by referencing the exact player said player hit the biggest shot of his career over, right?

That shot was crazy. Still remember it.

That's a pretty terrible comeback.

You realize you posted a thread bitching about a quote from a guy who played at Duke some years ago, an NBA guy, a quote that nobody could possibly give a crap about, and then topped it off by referencing the exact player said player hit the biggest shot of his career over, right?

That shot was crazy. Still remember it.
And you responded by saying what he “meant” to say.
Fact is, he’s a douchbag & has always been one. He opened his mouth & was 100% wrong. You don’t like my thread, don’t post in it.

And you responded by saying what he “meant” to say.
Fact is, he’s a douchbag & has always been one. He opened his mouth & was 100% wrong. You don’t like my thread, don’t post in it.

"Blah blah blah, how dare you actually point out what he probably meant, blah blah blah, he's a douchebag, blah blah blah, this is my thread... MINE MINE MINE!"

wahhhh.jpg

Lucas is awesome. I don't even think Duke fans like Rivers. He hit a big time shot in that game though.

Last edited:
Reactions: LTDukeFan
Who were the recruits that made that video trying the Rivers shot over and over again. I believe one was Pinson, who was all about Duke until they told him to kick rocks so they could get Winslow instead. I believe there was 2 more recruits but can not remember who they were.

Who were the recruits that made that video trying the Rivers shot over and over again. I believe one was Pinson, who was all about Duke until they told him to kick rocks so they could get Winslow instead. I believe there was 2 more recruits but can not remember who they were.

I’m sure he had a Duke offer but he was a IU lean for a while before choosing UNC.

Tyus Jones and Okafor were there with Theo. Theo clearly the only intelligent one out of the three. Kevin Knox did it as well with his HS team when K was trying to use his facilities to sway him (j/k, think they were there for some tourney or something).

I don't like rivers but it's pretty clear what he was saying here unless you're a Carolina fan I guess?

1. OP is an idiot
2. I like Austin Rivers but would like to forget everything about that season because of the way it ended. Same goes for 2013-14 season also.
3. I think it’s funny that this UCONN fan has been popping up on a Duke hater thread lately!

BTW, everyone on the forum is basically in agreement than UNCfaninKY is the saltiest, most off base poster on this forum, right?

Reactions: treyforuk
ADVERTISEMENT