ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone try daily fantasy CBB?

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
I’ve tried, it’s nearly impossible lol. Anyone on here any good at it?

I’ve tried, it’s nearly impossible lol. Anyone on here any good at it?

Just too hard. There are too many sharks that do this professionally with better models and the time to sift through minutes / rotations for every team on the slate.

Just too hard. There are too many sharks that do this professionally with better models and the time to sift through minutes / rotations for every team on the slate.
That is what I’ve found to be true. Seems like the same names are at the top each time.

That is what I’ve found to be true. Seems like the same names are at the top each time.

I’ll have to claim my DFS winnings on my tax return this year but I really only do golf. Too much of an edge is lost in other sports if you aren’t following news up to each tip-off.

I’ll have to claim my DFS winnings on my tax return this year but I really only do golf. Too much of an edge is lost in other sports if you aren’t following news up to each tip-off.
Yeah. You have to be able to make adjustments on the fly at tip-off and kickoff, and without lineup lock, you need to be on it for every game. I’ve had plenty of success in college football and golf. Suck at college hoops and NFL which I know way more about. Go figure. Prob down some on NBA. But, I’d still rather try and beat MIT nerds than Vegas. No one beats Vegas. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Reactions: Big ol arms
Yeah. You have to be able to make adjustments on the fly at tip-off and kickoff, and without lineup lock, you need to be on it for every game. I’ve had plenty of success in college football and golf. Suck at college hoops and NFL which I know way more about. Go figure. Prob down some on NBA. But, I’d still rather try and beat MIT nerds than Vegas. No one beats Vegas. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Yup I only bet on golf for that reason. I get 3 full days to research and there are very, very, seldom last minute updates but even then they don’t end up being must-play updated like getting a backup PG who is getting 30 minutes instead of 8 because the starter puked during warmups.

Reactions: 829305
Love golf euro and/or PGA...

College sports, I find the slates with less games to be.a little easier. But yeah it's just tough.

Yes. I always play smaller slates and single entries if possible. Smart way to better your odds.

I admit, I take a swing on NFL in the $3 entry that pays 100k to 1st, but that's just my weekly lottery. I usually cash $5-$10 max on it, NEVER anything big.

Love the late night NBA slates with 2-4 games.

I only do the 10 person entrys where the top 3 win. I place in the top about 60% of the time. Just do about 30 min of research and you usually have a heads up on the competition in those 10 person contests.

Does ANYONE have success with the NFL? I've "hit" one time on NFL. So hard.

I have moderate success in nfl but never won big. I feel like the best plan is to identify a few sleepers or backups whose starters are out, thus they are insanely cheap, and stack teams with those couple bargain players and just alternate studs around them.

Of course if ur bargain players lay an egg ur effed.

Cbb is so hard bc of the small teams most aren’t familiar with. It gets a little easier come conference play.

Something else to consider, when draft Kong’s makes their contest for the next week they don’t change any amount for players that play on Monday. So say if the Vikings played on Monday and cook got hurt, his backup mattison will be just as cheap next week as he would have been had cook not gotten hurt.

Man I placed in one yesterday despite having tuas bro get hurt and throw up a goose egg.
Yeah, that sucks. Had a roster 25 points short of $1,000 in the late night $10 CFB game. And on that roster I had a guy with a goose egg. They come fast and furious in college football, especially this year with Covid. So many guys sit that you have no clue why. Hell, the most expensive player (Pitts UF $8K/35% owned) in the contest I won was announced out like 7 minutes before game lock. I was on it, though. Toney, Toney, Toney.

Nice catch on Pitts. Not playing him cost them a chance at the cfp although I don’t think they can play with bama anyways.

Does ANYONE have success with the NFL? I've "hit" one time on NFL. So hard.
well certainly have not "hit" as I almost exclusively play cash games. I focus on MLB & NFL but I will dabble in college sports if and when the state of missouri wakes up to the reality that they need money and dont want to raise taxes so gambling and legal weed are the way.

I only play single entry contests and as I said Mostly cash games...a few tournaments...I just do it for fun...deposited $100 5 years ago and still playing though my rate of return is not stellar, I have enjoyed it in the interim

ADVERTISEMENT