ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone been to Italy?

London is expensive and the weather sucks. Ireland is beautiful and the weather sucks. France has French people that stink. Italy is cool but more for tourists, imo. Spain is where it's at.
Yea I concur on visiting our colonial oppressors. You aren't missing anything in London for sure.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Haven't gotten that far. I'd imagine that we'd look at England, Ireland, France, Italy, or Spain.
You want Switzerland. Arguably the most difficult country to try seek citizenship if you go that route. Though amazing healthcare , education , low population density , really friendly people , and the cleanest country I have ever stepped foot in.

Yea unfortunately it wasn't as good as it was 10 years ago. Only about a handful of shops in Rotterdam and the 2 I tried , one was a B+ , other was a C+. I guess it's a bit different outside of Amsterdam. Though Rotterdam is a beautiful city and I thoroughly enjoyed hanging for the day. Did you see the tropical parakeets that inhabit the Netherlands? I never saw them in Amsterdam in 2009 , but noticed them in Rotterdam flying around.
P1360124.jpg
Highly invasive little shits.

You want Switzerland. Arguably the most difficult country to try seek citizenship if you go that route. Though amazing healthcare , education , low population density , really friendly people , and the cleanest country I have ever stepped foot in.
Also crazy expensive.

It makes no sense why they are even in the Netherlands. The weather is so crappy 6 months of the year.
They are in a lot of big European cities, imported from Pakistan decades ago to spruce up the outdoor gardens of rich folks.

Also crazy expensive.
It is based on what Americans deem as normal. But in terms of their wages to cost of living it's not as extreme as it seems. You also gotta pay for the nice part of town. Well it's the nicest part of Western Europe. I saw one homeless man in Zurich the entire time I was in Zurich. About 500,000 in Zurich and only 8.5 million in the entire country.

They are in a lot of big European cities, imported from Pakistan decades ago to spruce up the outdoor gardens of rich folks.
Have never noticed them anywhere other than Rotterdam. Did have someone say you see them in southern England which makes sense , since it's not far away.

It is based on what Americans deem as normal. But in terms of their wages to cost of living it's not as extreme as it seems. You also gotta pay for the nice part of town. Well it's the nicest part of Western Europe. I saw one homeless man in Zurich the entire time I was in Zurich. About 500,000 in Zurich and only 8.5 million in the entire country.
Def gotta pay for those luxuries. I'm guessing if they are thinking of packing up and leaving for Europe they've got a nice nest egg and likely work from home so they can go wherever they want.

Have never noticed them anywhere other than Rotterdam. Did have someone say you see them in southern England which makes sense , since it's not far away.
They are in Paris too and I am sure most likely a lot of other places in western Europe.

London is expensive and the weather sucks. Ireland is beautiful and the weather sucks. France has French people that stink. Italy is cool but more for tourists, imo. Spain is where it's at.
Yeah, my girlfriend lived in England for a bit, so I'm aware that it's nothing to write home about. I've only passed through.

I've heard great things about Prague, but I don't think I'd want to live there. I think I'd like Germany, but the missus wouldn't.

Spain is definitely on my list. Actually have a lot of family in Germany. Will definitely spend time there eventually.

Yea unfortunately it wasn't as good as it was 10 years ago. Only about a handful of shops in Rotterdam and the 2 I tried , one was a B+ , other was a C+. I guess it's a bit different outside of Amsterdam. Though Rotterdam is a beautiful city and I thoroughly enjoyed hanging for the day. Did you see the tropical parakeets that inhabit the Netherlands? I never saw them in Amsterdam in 2009 , but noticed them in Rotterdam flying around.
P1360124.jpg

I did not. It was March though so the weather may not have been right for them. Pretty cool though

Yeah, my girlfriend lived in England for a bit, so I'm aware that it's nothing to write home about. I've only passed through.

I've heard great things about Prague, but I don't think I'd want to live there. I think I'd like Germany, but the missus wouldn't.
Prague is great. Czech Republic in general is an amazing country and everything is dirt cheap. Not all of them are fond of Americans though. Why no Germany for the old lady?

I was sent twice by the Naval Reserve for two weeks. Naples and Sicily.

I loved Sicily. The towns face the mainland would be great.

Also Capri off of Naples is really cool.

ADVERTISEMENT