ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone been to Italy?

bkingUK

Sep 23, 2007
Looking to book a trip overseas for a honeymoon. Portugal and Spain have some awesome deals. Looking for good beaches and cool towns. Any suggestions?

Looking to book a trip overseas for a honeymoon. Portugal and Spain have some awesome deals. Looking for good beaches and cool towns. Any suggestions?
Have been looking at Europe for next year as well. We think we’ve narrowed it down to Amsterdam, Paris, Rome or London with Amsterdam in the lead right now simply because we don’t know many people who have been there. Air fares and hotels are really reasonable right now.

Reactions: bkingUK
Went to Barcelona about 5 years ago, it was really nice. Architecture is amazing, and the food and culture are top notch. Have fun bud.

I’ve been to Barcelona, Madrid, Majorca, and Ibiza. Majorca and Ibiza are hands down the best part. My parents have been to the azores ( islands 600 miles of the coast of Portugal and love it.

Reactions: UL_1986 and bkingUK
I saw a movie called Barcelona once. Actually, I’ve seen it several times.

Been to Spain twice. I liked France, Italy much more.

What do you want out of your honeymoon? What’s your idea of the perfect trip?
c3xg7nyw2ney.gif

Spain is a safe area, for the most part. But the tourist traps will be filled with people who are looking to pickpocket you at unsuspecting moments. Barcelona is known as the pickpocket capital of the world (read that they average over 6,000 thefts per day in the tourist season). Happened to my wife before we met.

My wife lived in Barcelona for a little while. Will get some info from her tonight and share. I will say that she is always talking about wanting to go back. One of her favorite places.

Been to Barcelona and Madrid. Barcelona was by far my favorite of the 2.

Great cuisine. Some people say Spanish food right now is at the top of the Euro culinary scene.

My aunt lives in Barcelona. I think she has a spare bedroom if you want me to ask.

Reactions: kl40504
Spain is a safe area, for the most part. But the tourist traps will be filled with people who are looking to pickpocket you at unsuspecting moments. Barcelona is known as the pickpocket capital of the world (read that they average over 6,000 thefts per day in the tourist season). Happened to my wife before we met.
That’s all of Europe.

Went to Spain about 11 years ago. Barcelona is nice but it gets old after 3 or 4 days. I can't recall names of the 2 beach towns we made day trips too. But they were way better than Barcelona , so just pick some recommended beach towns and go.

Check out Mallorca if you can , it's an island and nightlife is pretty strong. Plus it's pretty affordable and it's relatively quiet and very beautiful.
Playa-Santanyi-Mallorca-iStock_28325098_LARGE-2-748x426.jpg

_107183921_gettyimages-950851658.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Been to both a countries few times. Can't go wrong with either one. A lot depends on your age and interest. Barcelona is a very cool city but not sure that's where I'd go for beaches. It's a big, bustling city with a beach. The Spanish islands (Ibiza and Mallorca) are great. I really liked San Sebastian up North. The food is some of the best I've ever had and the area around it is really romantic if you're on your honeymoon. As for Portugal, my wife and I really enjoyed Lagos area. Lots of nice beaches and little beach towns. Feel free to pm me if you have questions.

Wife and I are going to Belgium , Switzerland , and Italy in late September/October. We are going to Cinque Terre , Italy when we are in Italy and have heard nothing but rave reviews about the place. I am sure you can find cheap options to fly into somewhere close by.
Cinque-Terre-wide-2.jpg.990x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Monterosso-beach-1440x960.jpg

Good stuff. Only problem is that I’ve read that area averages about 65 degrees for time we’d be going. Majorca looks awesome

My aunt lives in Barcelona. I think she has a spare bedroom if you want me to ask.

Yea. Give her a call. They say couples who have threesomes never make it, but testing that on our honeymoon is a solid way to find out.

Reactions: jhmossy
Wife and I are going to Belgium , Switzerland , and Italy in late September/October. We are going to Cinque Terre , Italy when we are in Italy and have heard nothing but rave reviews about the place. I am sure you can find cheap options to fly into somewhere close by.

That first pic is pretty incredible. Amazing.

That first pic is pretty incredible. Amazing.
I am pretty stoked about it. I am a huge beer enthusiast so I am gonna enjoy the hell out of Belgium and Switzerland is beautiful too. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't most excited about Italy. Hence why it's the last leg of the trip.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I still haven't been to either Spain or Portugal, although my wife has been to both and says we need to go there. It looks like we're doing Edinburgh, St. Andrews and the highlands of Scotland next month so if anybody has recs on those places, I would appreciate it.

Never been to Italy either but those pics look amazing. My wife says we need to go to Croatia and Albania though instead of Italy. It's supposed to be the same scenery as Italy only cheaper and with less tourism. More opps to mingle with locals who don't see many Americans. Maybe not Croatia so much, but certainly Albania. Anybody visit either of those places?

I still haven't been to either Spain or Portugal, although my wife has been to both and says we need to go there. It looks like we're doing Edinburgh, St. Andrews and the highlands of Scotland next month so if anybody has recs on those places, I would appreciate it.

Never been to Italy either but those pics look amazing. My wife says we need to go to Croatia and Albania though instead of Italy. It's supposed to be the same scenery as Italy only cheaper and with less tourism. More opps to mingle with locals who don't see many Americans. Maybe not Croatia so much, but certainly Albania. Anybody visit either of those places?
Budapest in the summer , bang for your buck and beauty it's hard to beat.

Reactions: schoonerwest

Just booked flight to Rome and will be going to Cinque Terre actually. ScottsDeals... helluva website

Just booked flight to Rome and will be going to Cinque Terre actually. ScottsDeals... helluva website
Tell us about it. I just went to it for the first time. Are those deals legit? It’s claiming a round trip ticket to Thailand for $400. How long are these layovers? Ain’t trying to save $300 by sitting in an airport for 11 hours. Do you have to join in order to search and book?

Reactions: toonces11
I have been to Italy, but I would prefer the Greek isles for beaches. Look into Naxos.

Have been looking at Europe for next year as well. We think we’ve narrowed it down to Amsterdam, Paris, Rome or London with Amsterdam in the lead right now simply because we don’t know many people who have been there. Air fares and hotels are really reasonable right now.
I’ve been to Amsterdam at least a dozen times. Great museums on every block. The whores are top notch too.

ADVERTISEMENT