ADVERTISEMENT

Any decent big men left

@Random UK Fan is still undecided and he is real tall. Maybe, y'all should go all in for him?
look-at-me-bill-lyons.gif

Not really. Arthur Kaluma hasn't committed yet; he's much more of a 4, though. Julius Marble has a year of eligibility, but he has a pending sexual assault case. Not sure anyone is taking a flyer on him.

If any program is in need of a quality big man this late in the game, best options are either getting hs juniors to reclassify, or going the international route. Obviously you'd have to sway these European bigs to turn down pro offers, which won't be easy. I've heard Noa Essengue has had some interest. And this 7 footer from Turkey looks nice. There are plenty of others that could be persuaded.

That kid moves way too well for that size.

Certainly moves a lot better than UNC Asheville's Kenny George. And he was a fairly dominant force his junior season.

Golden has a lot of bigs on this upcoming UF team. I don't expect Rioux to play much next season, but he could be a very impactful player in his second or third season.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Certainly moves a lot better than UNC Asheville's Kenny George. And he was a fairly dominant force his junior season.

Golden has a lot of bigs on this upcoming UF team. I don't expect Rioux to play much next season, but he could be a very impactful player in his second or third season.
Our incoming freshman destroyed him when the US played Canada in the U18 tourney to the point that Rioux got benched.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Our incoming freshman destroyed him when the US played Canada in the U18 tourney to the point that Rioux got benched.

He never played more than 13 minutes during the U18s. So, to play 12 minutes seems kind of par for the course. I am interested to see if Purdue has found another 7-foot gem in Daniel Jacobsen. Painter's track record with 7-footers is off the chart.

I think Rioux will struggle to see the floor next year. He'll need a year or two of development before he could play a major role on the team, IMO. But, there is potential there.

At that height, I almost feel sorry for him. The large majority of doors in a residential home are 6' 8". He is 13inches taller than that.
I'm sure he has a custom bed, how does he fold into a car?, can he even fit into a passenger jet?

ADVERTISEMENT