ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament

7-14 from 2
6-22 from three

Those are ghastly numbers by Duke even against a zone
Thank God I am not watching. Seems like the kind of game I would be screaming at the TV over.

Thank God I am not watching. Seems like the kind of game I would be screaming at the TV over.
Yeah, I turned it. Cant even watch. Pound it inside. They have like 6 guys. Press and run them. Dont try and beat them at their own game, use your talent to beat them at yours.

Not watching, wouldn't be shocked if Duke lost this one though because they're one of the most disappointing teams of all time.

Reactions: GhostOf301
If Cuse is too aggressive and gets in foul trouble Duke should be able to really go on a run. They just have no depth at all. They can make some shots though.

Props for Cuse for being in this with 5 to go- thought they would get blown out today..

Wasn’t shocked… we are suddenly looking very weak, and Syracuse, with Buddy being out and so many seniors and fifth year guys and all of that... they were in a great spot to pull off an upset.

Wasn’t shocked… we are suddenly looking very weak, and Syracuse, with Buddy being out and so many seniors and fifth year guys and all of that... they were in a great spot to pull off an upset.
I would disagree with that / Cuse were 12.5 dogs going into today , and we’re obviously missing their best player. Props for them on keeping it close.

I would disagree with that / Cuse were 12.5 dogs going into today , and we’re obviously missing their best player. Props for them on keeping it close.

Yea idk how being without ur best player puts u in a good spot for an upset lol

Not saying it is ideal, but haven’t you ever played a big game where everything was stacked against you, and that feeling actually drove you? Sure, seven or eight times out of ten, you lose, but the other times, that nothing to lose moment, where eveything is on the line and everything is against you, that’s not that rare. I’ve definitely experienced it.

And remember, betting lines are betting lines. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC71-00
I wouldn't be mad if they lose today and next Thursday
Why, are you that upset at this team? We all have the same gripes about K's coaching since 2015 but he's gone after this year anyway. I'd like to send our iconic coach out on a high note.

Not saying it is ideal, but haven’t you ever played a big game where everything was stacked against you, and that feeling actually drove you? Sure, seven or eight times out of ten, you lose, but the other times, that nothing to lose moment, where eveything is on the line and everything is against you, that’s not that rare. I’ve definitely experienced it.

Eh, maybe for the first five minutes, but Cuse stayed in the game a lot longer than everyone expected- remember they are not even a NIT team, and Duke is a NC contender..

Why, are you that upset at this team? We all have the same gripes about K's coaching since 2015 but he's gone after this year anyway. I'd like to send our iconic coach out on a high note.
Maybe I will be over it next week. But seeing this team totally shit the bed in their biggest moment against unc really took every bit of my give a shit away. And if I am being honest, Banchero might be my least favorite player at least since True-von. And K uses him like he's going to carry this team places. It should be Griffin, Williams, Keels, then Moore and Banchero. IMO. And Griffin has taken 8 total shots in the last two games combined. If K wants to go out on a high note, he needs to coach his team to win in college, not coach his NBA prospect to take over a team that doesn't need to be taken over.

Reactions: tw3301
Its crazy how fans overreact to a 1-2 game sample size and either get way too high or too low on their squads.

Duke fans went from thinking we were the Dream Team after we beat UK and the Zags to thinking we're mediocre after losing to Miami and FSU to thinking we were unstoppable again after spanking UNC the 1st time to losing all hope after losing to UVA in Cameron to feeling like we're peaking at the right time before the UNC game to feeling like this team will lose to a 15 seed after today.

Cuse played out of their minds today, props to them. Their shooting was absurd and our defense had something to do with it especially for a long stretch in the 1st half but they were just on their game all of today.

We"ll see what happens next but I think moving Roach into the starting lineup is the right move. He's making good decisions with the ball, knocking down shots and our offense flows better when he's in. Griffin has been figured out now and teams aren't going to let him get wide open looks.

Reactions: dukedevilz

I don't think it has to do with any of that. They're a jump shooting team that was on fire today in general stroking the ball and in particular took advantage of some poor defensive stretches we had.

Betting lines don't take into account a psychological spot for sure but all the sharps thought that Duke would come out and curb stomp Cuse today after that embarrassing home loss to UNC in K's last game Friday. This would have been an insane upset if Cuse had pulled it off.

Maybe I will be over it next week. But seeing this team totally shit the bed in their biggest moment against unc really took every bit of my give a shit away. And if I am being honest, Banchero might be my least favorite player at least since True-von. And K uses him like he's going to carry this team places. It should be Griffin, Williams, Keels, then Moore and Banchero. IMO. And Griffin has taken 8 total shots in the last two games combined. If K wants to go out on a high note, he needs to coach his team to win in college, not coach his NBA prospect to take over a team that doesn't need to be taken over.
Banchero is definitely not in the same class as Irving/Barrett/Bagley/Zion/etc. and we though he would be. His offensive game has been a huge disappointment though his playmaking and rebounding has improved.

You realize teams have figured out Griffin is the guy you need to stop on Duke right? Both UNC and Cuse face guarded him with their best player and decided that if Paolo or a good team effort beats them so be it.

K needs to adjust to this, maybe run some set plays to get him open shots. If Paolo can start hitting mid range jumpers again, that will open up the perimeter but his shooting seems to have completely fallen off.

Expect a jump from Cleveland and the other freshmen for next season?

Unclear.

I do expect a jump from Cam’Ron Fletcher. He really started to show some things before thumb surgery.

Butler should really make a name for himself IF he returns. He’s clearly not ready for the NBA right now because of his lack of strength. But some folks have been in his ear about being 7’1 and shooting 40% from deep. Idk. Scouts I talked to like his long term potential but seems like he’d be a second round pick this year. Maybe he’s okay with that?

Warley seemed like a real transfer risk at mid season. Long way from home and didn’t seem happy. He still could go, but I think the last 1/3 of the season showed him the role he can grow into next year. Rumor has it that Michigan was a favorite for him to transfer to, but his mama was very unhappy with the Howard punch.

Cleveland is an enigma. High level athlete and nice defensive IQ. But the dude has ZERO shot. 50% FT and 18% from 3. That’s simply unacceptable. And worse, he’s not all that coachable. Real smart kid, great student. But almost too smart. Wants to question everything. If he doesn’t buy what our staff is selling (proven to improve shooters over and over and over again), he won’t be better at all.

I can’t blame you at all. Not trying to pile on, but the Duke team I saw in the second FSU/Duke game, the one when FSU was missing 5 starters, that was not a good Duke team. Unfocused, lazy on D, lacking real leadership.

Just something seems off.

I can’t blame you at all. Not trying to pile on, but the Duke team I saw in the second FSU/Duke game, the one when FSU was missing 5 starters, that was not a good Duke team. Unfocused, lazy on D, lacking real leadership.

Just something seems off.
They might just be sleepwalking thru this shit league. Can't call it. Probably picked up a lot of bad habits the last two months.

Could be right. It’s pretty dang bad.

I can’t believe they only won it by a game.

I didn’t know people thought they were playing their best ball at the right time. I didn’t think they’ve been that great even before the UNC game. But I haven’t been watching them much so maybe I’ve been missing something.

This is actually the kind of stuff UK used to go through in the SEC. A weak league just bores the crap out of some high end players. Duke for sure has a handful of top shelf dudes. Now, they may not look like it on a nightly basis here. To be clear, it's hard to just flip the switch we all know that.

God I hope we decline a NIT bid. I can’t watch this shit any longer.

Reactions: TKBray
Just got home from watching UVa use a big 2nd half to beat Carolina by 4. This basketball game softens my pain and warms me up a bit

Reactions: jhmossy
National championship
Yea idk how being without ur best player puts u in a good spot for an upset lol
Well with their best player Duke beat Syracuse by 20 and 25 points this season and without their best player- his brother went unconscious from 3 and everything he threw up went in until the very end. Hot take: Buddy Boeheim is a cancer on this team.

Griffin was apparently sick along with some other players and coaches, I'll give him a pass for this game... not the game that shall not be named.

The one your mom has.
eat-a-dick-hotdog.gif

ADVERTISEMENT