50 Greatest Programs of All-Time (Updated Through 2021)

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Feb 25, 2008
And I will update these tables. The metric I've been debating with the longest is how to quantify conference championships. This is what I think makes the most sense. And I realize the RPI is flawed, but it at least evaluates all of the D1 schools and doesn't stop at just 25 schools.

1939-1948: Collective Winning Percentage of a Conference
5 points- conference champ of a league in the top-third in the country in winning percentage
4 points-conference champ of a league in the middle-third in the country in winning percentage
3 points- conference champ of a league in the bottom-third in the country in winning percentage

1949-1980: AP Poll began in the 48-49 season.
5 points- Win the conference title, ranked, and 3 other schools in the conference are ranked
4 points- Conference title, ranked, and 1 other school in the conference is ranked
3 points- All other conference championships

1980-2001: RPI
5 points- Conference title, top 25 in the RPI, plus 3 other schools in the conference are in the top 25
4 points- Conference title, top 25 in the RPI, plus 3 other schools in the conference are in the top 50
3 points- All other conference champions

2002-Present: KenPom
-Same criteria as the RPI, but simply using the KenPom numbers.
Hey, whatever you think helps make Iowa #1, I'm all for it! :D

KisteK

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2012
The-Field-Of-68.png

The Field of 68 is following me on Twitter. Obviously trying to steal my ideas.
You're on Twitter?

Villian07

Aug 11, 2015
Beingthat its super evident that MULTIPLE teams were paying players wayyyyyy before NIL i move we reinstate the 2ff, 1 natty, and how many ever wins back to Louisville 🤣 lost it all for 3k and now players are literally making millions less than 10 years later. Not to mention all the players being paid during that time frame, lookin at you as the poster child AD

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Beingthat its super evident that MULTIPLE teams were paying players wayyyyyy before NIL i move we reinstate the 2ff, 1 natty, and how many ever wins back to Louisville 🤣 lost it all for 3k and now players are literally making millions less than 10 years later. Not to mention all the players being paid during that time frame, lookin at you as the poster child AD

I don't remove vacated final fours/titles from my spreadsheet. If they played in those games, it counts in my book. Not a big fan of a revisionist history. Heck, I actually have Louisville slightly ahead of Indiana. Table is updated through 2021.

75-Greatest-Programs.png

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Devilz is putting off the update because he knows that Duke’s about to drop a spot. 😆

Hah I like that.

It's a combination of a few things. I'm finding myself busier than usual at work/home. And as far as compiling basketball stats, the only thing I'm working on right now is my transfer database. I'm going to release my top 150 transfers/top 25 recruiting classes soon.