ADVERTISEMENT

50 Greatest Programs of All-Time (Updated Through 2021)

lol at Kentucky fans that are bothered by this (not Lurk).

You guys do realize that modern era ≠ greatest of all-time, right?

People rank eras all the time. Does it bother you when someone ranks the best programs of the past 10 years? Are you going to courter, "Irrelevant!" How about when someone ranks the best programs for this century? "Irrelevant!" Again, modern era doesn't mean "the greatest of all-time" it means the greatest of the modern era lol.
giphy.gif

No need....losers use timeframing to overcome achievements they don't have.

I'm still not taking IU out of their status among the Bluebloods. You sure seem like you want to, however. Calling a rival something like IUsedtobegood isn't what you're trying to say it is.

24-11.
8-4.

That's nice. Not sure what it has to do with the subject at hand, but that's never stopped you before, has it? 😆

Your KU program is among the elite. They are a Blueblood. BUT... they don't have a spot on the pedestal at the top. It's just that simple.

You seem to struggle with fact vs opinion. Kentucky being on top is an opinion. Frankly, you should just be glad that devilz' system rewarded Kentucky with the #1 all time spot, because plenty of people would value a three title advantage over a higher win percentage. Especially considering the competition they've faced over the years.

Currently, there's probably no better program than the one led by Self. That matters more to me than what happened 80 years ago. Like every other sports fan. Including you, but you'll never admit it of course. Which is fine. If you're content with living in the past, good for you. Guess we're all content.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: fpr4_1983
That's nice. Not sure what it has to do with the subject at hand, but that's never stopped you before, has it? 😆

You seem to struggle with fact vs opinion. Kentucky being on top is an opinion. Frankly, you should just be glad that devilz' system rewarded Kentucky with the #1 all time spot, because plenty of people would value a three title advantage over a higher win percentage. Especially considering the competition they've faced over the years.

Currently, there's probably no better program than the one led by Self. That matters a lot more to me than what happened 80 years ago. Like every other sports fan. Including you, but you'll never admit it of course. Which is fine. If you're content with living in the past, more power to you. Guess we're all content!
Your entire last paragraph... opinion. A lot of the same minutia in the 1st paragraph too.

Your problem is trying to make facts out of your opinions. Simply a futile endeavor.

Your entire last paragraph... opinion. A lot of the same minutia in the 1st paragraph too.

Your problem is trying to make facts out of your opinions. Simply a futile endeavor.

Wrong. I haven't tried to pass any opinions as fact. But you do routinely. Latest example: they don't have a spot on the pedestal at the top. It's just that simple.

Statistical FACTS back me up. The only time you get that to work for you is when it is a timeframed (hence, losing) argument.

24-11
8-4.

You can back an opinion with as many facts as you want. Still an opinion.

If you were actually serious about an all-time comparison, you'd consider that there were 4+ decades of basketball before a tourney even existed, and competition was/is not equal. Among many other factors.

The difference between UCLA-Kentucky in titles is almost the same as the difference between KU-Kentucky. If it can be argued that Kentucky is above UCLA all-time, then one could definitely make the argument that KU's on par with Kentucky all-time. And sorry, chief, there are no "losing" opinions.

"And sorry, chief, there are no "losing" opinions."

Sure there are.... yours.

Yep. What an insane opinion to claim that people actually care more about the era they've lived through than games played 80 years ago.

Why don't you take a poll..."Would you rather have a national title within the last 10 years or 80 years ago?" Let me know the results.

I know I'd rather have 8 than 4. Pretty sure most fans would.

"Bringing up angles that suit the seller." 🤣

Not uncommon for you, of course. If you were talking to a UCLA fan, you'd be bragging about win % and consistency.

Sure, any fan would rather have more titles. But if you have to go back to the 70s to have any sort of advantage, you're basically UCLA. Except UCLA's having a resurgence while Kentucky's losing relevance.

Can't really argue with a UCLA fan...they have the most trophies that matter. Glad there doesn't seem to be any on this board.

Unlike you, they have the right to say whatever they want and don't have to timeframe their arguments.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Can't really argue with a UCLA fan...they have the most trophies that matter. Glad there doesn't seem to be any on this board.

Unlike you, they have the right to say whatever they want and don't have to timeframe their arguments.

So UCLA = GOAT?

Throw conference championships out the window. Toss wins and win% out the door. Toss opinions and time frames. While consistency is nice, All-time titles is the Holy Grail.

That could be why some hide behind UCLA to talk ish about UK.

Throw conference championships out the window. Toss wins and win% out the door. Toss opinions and time frames. While consistency is nice, All-time titles is the Holy Grail.

That could be why some hide behind UCLA to talk ish about UK.

So you rank UCLA #1 too?

I wonder why some hide behind the successes of dead people when comparing to Bill Self's program. Maybe because their current coach doesn't measure up, despite having every possible advantage?

Reactions: ilovesportsyes
I wonder why some hide behind the successes of dead people when comparing to Bill Self's program. Maybe because their current coach doesn't measure up, despite having every possible advantage?
2012 title game... nobody hiding behind anyone dead.

24-11.
8-4.

Is KU larger than Bill Self?

For 20 years and counting, the program IS Self.

Your fans want to minimize the current state of affairs and diminish everyone else's recent accomplishments because you want all eyes on you. Nobody needs 20/20 vision to see that.

2012 title game... nobody hiding behind anyone dead.

24-11.
8-4.

And we're back to:
"Bringing up angles that suit the seller." 🤣

Hypocrisy never fails to amuse.

Timeframing's for losers, but look at these stats since Calipari was hired! No one cares about regular season wins, but I'm going to brag about a January win daily for a year, even after your team won the nat'l title. 😆

Guess I should take it as a compliment that your fans are so ate up.

"No one cares about regular season wins, but I'm going to brag about a January win daily for a year, even after your team won the nat'l title. "

Hmmm... Cal was 'alive' for that one too.

Yeah, that was fun, but you obviously are confusing me with someone else.

'current state of affairs, recent....' the mantra continues. What a chode.

Yeah, who could possibly care about the current state of a program or what's happened recently? Obviously not the fans that wanted to fire Calipari. 🤣

Always do, it's when little twerps like him want to cram everything into a little tiny window of time and say that nothing else matters is when I call bullshit.
Still trying to figure out where anyone said nothing else matters.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Always do, it's when little twerps like him want to cram everything into a little tiny window of time and say that nothing else matters is when I call bullshit.
Are they really doing that or do you interpret it that way? When I say Barnes has the edge on Cal in head to head I'm not saying that UT is the best CBB program of all time. In the discussion of best program in CBB of all time, I have no dog in the hunt. I don't even know how to determine it. (all time wins or most Nat'l titles). It seems like whatever agenda someone is pushing is how they go in that argument.

bama has the historical best CFB program of all time 🤢(can't believe I just said that) and it would be silly to argue for Princeton despite their titles. CBB is not the same game as it was upon inception. People shot the ball under handed, No dunks, no 3 pt line ect.. However, this doesn't diminish UK's great history, but these time periods are relevant and worthy of discussion.

Still trying to figure out where anyone said nothing else matters.

He lies almost as much as he contradicts himself.

And I like how he describes a 40 year period as a "tiny window of time." Yep, just half of NCAA tournament history, that's all. 🤣

"last 5 years", Pee Wee. You use that one all the time.

KU's had a few of their weakest seasons in recent memory in the last 5 years, so I'm not sure why I'd use that all the time. I usually talk about the modern era, and I'm pretty sure that was the case in this convo about modern era rankings.

You should throw another tantrum at dukedevilz for having the gall to make a modern era ranking. That was hilarious.

Clown t
You can back an opinion with as many facts as you want. Still an opinion.

If you were actually serious about an all-time comparison, you'd consider that there were 4+ decades of basketball before a tourney even existed, and competition was/is not equal. Among many other factors.

The difference between UCLA-Kentucky in titles is almost the same as the difference between KU-Kentucky. If it can be argued that Kentucky is above UCLA all-time, then one could definitely make the argument that KU's on par with Kentucky all-time. And sorry, chief, there are no "losing" opinions.
Clown talk.

KU has HALF as many titles as UK.

UK doesn't have half as many titles as UCLA.

UK is FAR AND AWAY #1 and it's not really that close.

2nd in titles to a team that literally bought them in the 60s (and has no real success outside of a 10 year stretch) and had an auto berth to the FF each year since regionals were literally regional.

5 coaches with a title (2nd best has 3).

Most all time wins

BY FAR the best winning % overall in CBB (76% when UNC is 2nd at 73.3%). UCLA is basically 7% worse at 69.1%.

Keep the clown talk somewhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT