ADVERTISEMENT

$100 bet for the title. I have UK, you get 1 team.

There's always a preseason list of about 6 that I like to win it all, but by tourney time, my favorite half dozen or so will be a bit different.

Both Kentucky and Kansas are on that early list; I'd love to get a good look at what Kansas has running the point before I lay any moneys down. Kentucky is sexy af.

Last edited:
Didn't SEC send 8 teams to the tournament last year? I think they've brought in the best recruiting classes for the second year in a row as well. SEC sucks is old hat.
They did. And 6 were gone by the second round. And with some embarrassing losses to boot: Auburn losing by 31. A&M by 27...Alabama by 23. And UK basically had a cakewalk to the FF. YET lost to the 8th place team from the Big 12.
But to answer your question...Yes the sec placed 8 teams in the tourney.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
There's always a preseason list of about 6 that I like to win it all, but by tourney time rolls up, my favorite half dozen or so will be a bit different.

Both Kentucky and Kansas are on that early list; I'd love to get a good look at what Kansas has running the point before I lay any moneys down. Kentucky is sexy af.
Kentucky is scary on paper. But hell so is Kansas and Duke. How are the pieces going to fit is the question. And I'll tell ya this---We ain't getting that answer in August.

Reactions: KisteK
Kentucky is scary on paper. But hell so is Kansas and Duke. How are the pieces going to fit is the question. And I'll tell ya this---We ain't getting that answer in August.
I love we play both of those teams OOC. No one can hide behind "my teams better due to winning a title." UK wins the title but loses to Duke or KU.., completely understandable for them to say they were better due to scoreboard.

Kansas and Kentucky are both, potentially that is, going to be good. Really good. BUT...Man there are a few more outside of them that could be just as good: Duke, Gonzaga, Villanova and UT [return entire team]. Talent wise, sure UK is loaded. But whennhave they not been? Difference to me is they have some experience returning, and the addition of Travis. To me he could be a game changer. I do think the national champ will come from a group of UK, KU, Nova or Duke. But evenn then, there's a handful of others who could certainly make a run. Or at worst, knock off a Duke, UK, KU, etc, etc..
No way though I male a bet in August. So much can and probably will happen. I do feel with the addition if Travis, it put a UK as a legit favorite. We shall see.

This was my point. It'd be stupid to make a bet this early.

You are right. I guess Vegas just puts odds up for every sport well before the season starts for sh!ts and giggles. You should text and tell them it’s stupid. Thanks in advance

They put it up because they know people are going to bet this early! Hello? ?? Business is business, LOL!

Agree. It's nuts there's enough people betting it causes Vegas to create odds.

Rod and reel. Just reel in the people. Brilliant business. Anyone with a drink in one hand and money in the other will do just about anything in Vegas and that's the exact people that bet this early.

Only time you should bet this early is on a nobody team winning the tourney or making the tourney so you rake in the money later. But the obvious teams, just dumb to bet now.

Rod and reel. Just reel in the people. Brilliant business. Anyone with a drink in one hand and money in the other will do just about anything in Vegas and that's the exact people that bet this early.
That couldn’t be less true, it’s huge business for offshore betting. Of course it’s far-fetched you’re right, that’s what odds are for. It’s fun, a ton of people do it and they’re not doing it to quit their day job.

Reactions: RipThru
Laughing Who in their right mind would make a money bet without seeing the product on the court first? Like maybe the first half of the season or something? Lol.

they do it everyday
Laughing who in their right mind would have bet on Lamar winning the Heisman before the season started

Only time you should bet this early is on a nobody team winning the tourney or making the tourney so you rake in the money later. But the obvious teams, just dumb to bet now.

I am 99.9% you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Kansas and Kentucky are both, potentially that is, going to be good. Really good. BUT...Man there are a few more outside of them that could be just as good: Duke, Gonzaga, Villanova and UT [return entire team]. Talent wise, sure UK is loaded. But whennhave they not been? Difference to me is they have some experience returning, and the addition of Travis. To me he could be a game changer. I do think the national champ will come from a group of UK, KU, Nova or Duke. But evenn then, there's a handful of others who could certainly make a run. Or at worst, knock off a Duke, UK, KU, etc, etc..
No way though I male a bet in August. So much can and probably will happen. I do feel with the addition if Travis, it put a UK as a legit favorite. We shall see.

Don't bring too much logic into his thread. The OP is extremely allergic to that.

Reactions: HRTheCard
pepper-your-angus_o_1591969.jpg

Some pretty stupid people in this thread. There is a huge difference between betting against the field and betting against one other team.

Reactions: RipThru
Stop wasting your time. Jay Wright has a stranglehold on the sport and will win it again. Sorry guys but there is clearly a new sheriff in town. We would have won it 3 years in a row if Omari Spellman was not suspended for a minor / laughable infraction from when he was in 8th grade.

Once again the Cats trot out lineup of elite 3 point shooters. Unselfish players. Tenacious defenders. We run this now. You know it.

Stop wasting your time. Jay Wright has a stranglehold on the sport and will win it again. Sorry guys but there is clearly a new sheriff in town. We would have won it 3 years in a row if Omari Spellman was not suspended for a minor / laughable infraction from when he was in 8th grade.

Once again the Cats trot out lineup of elite 3 point shooters. Unselfish players. Tenacious defenders. We run this now. You know it.
Welcome back Rayefoycombo

Nah, your 15 minutes of fame are over. But it was nice while it lasted wasn't it?

This hurts soooo soo bad but I take shitheadDuke over UK or KU or UNC..Oregon may have a case to argue too.

Nah, your 15 minutes of fame are over. But it was nice while it lasted wasn't it?

And let’s be real. If the 2016 title game goes into OT, the Heels had all the momentum in the world. That Paige 3 went from being replayed every year moving forward to forgotten in a matter of seconds. Ugh.

And let’s be real. If the 2016 title game goes into OT, the Heels had all the momentum in the world. That Paige 3 went from being replayed every year moving forward to forgotten in a matter of seconds. Ugh.

Better team won. Everyone knows it. Swept the floor with Buddy Hield game prior by 44. Carolina is lucky the overall #1 seed in the Tournament the following year was without Omari Spellman or we would be talking about whether Nova can win 4 in a row in 2018-19.

To the other guyabout 15 mins of fame- the past 5 years of being the winningest program in the nation has been a long 15 minutes. It feels more like 5 years.

Many of you guys have not won a national title in a long time. Put aside the whole blueblood egomania and just win the damn thing. Stop getting curb-stomped by Jay Wright and his non-lottery pick veteran players that are smarter and tougher than your 1-And-Dones that get dominated by these Villanova juniors and seniors who have spent years in the weight room waiting for their chance to see the floor.

Last edited:
Better team won. Everyone knows it. Swept the floor with Buddy Hield game prior by 44. Carolina is lucky the overall #1 seed in the Tournament the following year was without Omari Spellman or we would be talking about whether Nova can win 4 in a row in 2018-19.

To the other guyabout 15 mins of fame- the past 5 years of being the winningest program in the nation has been a long 15 minutes. It feels more like 5 years.

Many of you guys have not won a national title in a long time. Put aside the whole blueblood egomania and just win the damn thing. Stop getting curb-stomped by Jay Wright and his non-lottery pick veteran players that are smarter and tougher than your 1-And-Dones that get dominated by these Villanova juniors and seniors who have spent years in the weight room waiting for their chance to see the floor.

Wiped the floor with us, too.

I don't know. If we're talking about Paige's 3 vs Jenkins' 3, both were crazy shots that went in. That entire sequence won't ever be forgotten. That was the best ending to a national championship game in a very very long time and will probably be that way for awhile.

Nova is like my tshirt fan team. I respect the heck out of Jay Wright. Such a classy guy. I'm glad he's finally figured it out as well. I really really like the style that he uses. Everyone on the floor at all times can shoot from anywhere, so you know that there is hardly going to be an off night when it comes to 3pt shooting.

You still don’t have a seat at the big boys table. All that talk and you act like you belong. Also anyone can play that if game, it doesn’t work, especially for Villanova.

Nova had a rare combination of NBA talent and experienced college players which you don't see much in college basketball these days (Josh Hart, Mikal Bridges, Jalen Brunson, Ryan Arcidiacano, Omari Spellman, Donte DiVincenzo).

Eric Paschall and Phil Booth are solid complementary players but are they capable of carrying a team? Do you expect Collin Gillespie (3 star recruit) to make some sort of huge jump? Joe Cremo is a good shooter but can he defend?

I'm afraid you've seen the Golden Generation for Villanova and you won't be back in the Final 4 again for a while.

Heck of a run though, KU and UK haven't won 2 national championships this whole century and the Cats have two in 3 years. SmokinSmile

Wright is a damn good coach. I've thought that for several years. And he was bound to get over the hump at some point. But to think that he suddenly discovered the secret recipe and we're in the middle of a Villanova dynasty is laughable. He had a great combination of talent and experience and frankly took advantage of a few down years in CBB.

Nova is like my tshirt fan team. I respect the heck out of Jay Wright. Such a classy guy. I'm glad he's finally figured it out as well. I really really like the style that he uses. Everyone on the floor at all times can shoot from anywhere, so you know that there is hardly going to be an off night when it comes to 3pt shooting.

you just described this years UK team
so i am guessing that you really like this UK team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT