ADVERTISEMENT

#1 ranked student section of the country - kstate

I think KU beat UK for the highest dbl (measurement of loudness) reading for a game. I want to think it was once a UK game but IIRC they topped it with someone else. Don't quote me.
It's hard to get a high dbl level in a large arean and usually favors the smaller ones, but UK once owned it. Again, I think KU has two games higer than ours.
IIRC

Reactions: Random UK Fan
The decibel level reached 130.4 during the first half of the top-10 matchup, moving past the previous record that was set at Rupp Arena earlier this season on Jan. 28 during a game between Kentucky and Kansas (126.4). Before that contest, the NBA's Sacramento Kings held the record for four years.

Know-your-noise-final-251x628.jpg

Last edited:
I know these b/c early sales I used to install sell and install church sound systems on the side. Then learn how to measure sound htz and db. Always paid attention to it since.
some were gyms and such but mostly we had to arrange the speakers and sound to where every got the same db. (wasn't louder up front, quieter in the back)

That was for the speakers. No chance on controlling the crowd noise.

Last edited:
Reactions: cdbearde
The decibel level reached 130.4 during the first half of the top-10 matchup, moving past the previous record that was set at Rupp Arena earlier this season on Jan. 28 during a game between Kentucky and Kansas (126.4). Before that contest, the NBA's Sacramento Kings held the record for four years.

Know-your-noise-final-251x628.jpg
Why is sex not mentioned?Surely its louder than rustling leaves?

So much jealousy of the Octagon of Doom here. Sad.
It's the "Octagon of Half Empty Seats" except when big brother from Lawrence comes to town... The self glossed hype from lil' brother is humorous. As previously stated above, KSU's t-shirt factory is busy today along with their celebratory DVD department and sure to see a banner hung in the aluminum shed next to the NIT banners

Kentucky can't afford to have a large student section because there is a demand for the seats. Plus UK students have to pay to go to the games and the numbers are restricted.

Most fans at Rupp are not students. That is not the case at most places.
So...townies and Ashley Judd's entourage?

If Duke's student section isn't Top 5, then this list is dumb as ****. Say what you will about Duke, but man their student section is awesome.
Duke‘s student section is gay AF. They think it’s the coolest thing ever that they have a baby doll that they bring to every game and have a person assigned to take care of it all season. Definitely want to party with those people

Duke‘s student section is gay AF. They think it’s the coolest thing ever that they have a baby doll that they bring to every game and have a person assigned to take care of it all season. Definitely want to party with those people
I mean from the eyes of adults, sure---I reckon. Back in the day, they were awesome. I still think they are the most active, creative student section in CBB....

Best student section I ever encountered as an official, NAIA-D1, was Georgetown College(NAIA).

Nasty----Wichita State. That entire fan base TBH....Meanest,nasty ass ****tards..

My favorite thing with HS basketball is some of the student sections....Very creative.

ADVERTISEMENT