ADVERTISEMENT

#1 and #2 Seed Possibilities

bignish

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2016
Team
Duke
It looks like 2 of UVA/UNC/Duke at least will get #1 Seeds in the South and East regions while the Zags are lock to be the #1 Seed out West.

So that leaves 4 teams realistically fighting for the #1 Seed in the Midwest: loser of UNC/Duke, UT, UK, MSU.

It'll be interesting to see whether UT or MSU get that last #1 Seed in the Midwest if they both win their conference tournaments.

The ACC's best chance to get 3 #1 Seeds in the tournament is if Duke beats UNC, UT beats UK but loses to LSU and MSU doesn't win the B10 Tournament.

Sound about right?

It looks like 2 of UVA/UNC/Duke at least will get #1 Seeds in the South and East regions while the Zags are lock to be the #1 Seed out West.

So that leaves 4 teams realistically fighting for the #1 Seed in the Midwest: loser of UNC/Duke, UT, UK, MSU.

It'll be interesting to see whether UT or MSU get that last #1 Seed in the Midwest if they both win their conference tournaments.

The ACC's best chance to get 3 #1 Seeds in the tournament is if Duke beats UNC, UT beats UK but loses to LSU and MSU doesn't win the B10 Tournament.

Sound about right?

Yeah, I think Lunardi said as much yesterday.

Tennessee/UK
UVA
UNC
Zaga

Will be the 1 seeds

Tennessee/UK
MSU
Michigan
Duke

Will be the two seeds

Notice all of the two seeds are as good or better than the 1s. There is no difference whatsoever.

Tennessee/UK
UVA
UNC
Zaga

Will be the 1 seeds

Tennessee/UK
MSU
Michigan
Duke

Will be the two seeds

Notice all of the two seeds are as good or better than the 1s. There is no difference whatsoever.

I think it should be UNC/Duke, similar to how you have Tennessee/UK. But I agree on your point.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
All the UK fans who want a #1 Seed in the South need to cheer for either Duke or UNC to lose or preferably both to lose tonight because the winner of Duke/UNC will take that South #1 Seed even if they go on to lose to UVA in the Finals of the ACCT and UK wins the SECT by beating UT and LSU on the way.

Sound about right?

Think if UK beats UT, we have the south

I think it should be UNC/Duke, similar to how you have Tennessee/UK. But I agree on your point.
I agree with this.

Winner of UK/UT & Duke/UNC should tip the scales to the 1 seed, or just whoever goes the farthest in their respective conference tournaments.

I'd be perfectly fine with the South too as long as UK isn't the 2 seed.
Stanford A.D. Bernard Muir, the chair of the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee, said there would be no problem placing Kentucky as a No. 2 seed in Louisville, Jerry Tipton reports.

Duke and UNC all want the South too if we they can't have the East so it doesn't seem possible for UK to jump the winner of that game just by beating UT.
lol, Tennessee is ahead of UNC in the NET, so I'm not sure what you mean by "Just by beating UT". Oh, and UK is ahead of UNC as well, so they wouldn't be jumping them.

lol, Tennessee is ahead of UNC in the NET, so I'm not sure what you mean by "Just by beating UT". Oh, and UK is ahead of UNC as well, so they wouldn't be jumping them.

Are you assuming they're just going to use the NET as the s-curve? Because that would not be a good assumption.

Anywho, I would rather be the 2 out west than be 1 in the south with UK as the 2. As @jhmossy said that would be total bs.

Reactions: sgrooms
Are you assuming they're just going to use the NET as the s-curve? Because that would not be a good assumption.

Anywho, I would rather be the 2 out west than be 1 in the south with UK as the 2. As @jhmossy said that would be total bs.

I almost typed the exact same response.

Stanford A.D. Bernard Muir, the chair of the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee, said there would be no problem placing Kentucky as a No. 2 seed in Louisville, Jerry Tipton reports.

Oh, I better not EVER hear anymore complaining about the NCAA selection committee from BBN

Are you assuming that's what I'm assuming?

FTR, I assume they'll also factor in the head to head where UK won convincingly.

Good luck with that.

...and I better not ever hear about this current complaining anymore.

Can you even imagine the amount autistic screeching from BBN if UK was the 1 seed in a Raleigh or Charlotte regional with UNC as the 2?? Or Kansas City with Kansas as the 2?

Can you even imagine the amount autistic screeching from BBN if UK was the 1 seed in a Raleigh or Charlotte regional with UNC as the 2?? Or Kansas City with Kansas as the 2?
No. How does "autistic screeching" sound?

Also, UK travels well.

Duke and UNC all want the South too if we they can't have the East so it doesn't seem possible for UK to jump the winner of that game just by beating UT.

UK has more quad 1 wins than both and the head to head with UNC. Don’t see it possible for UNC to overtake for the south, but think Duke may be able to

UK has more quad 1 wins than both and the head to head with UNC. Don’t see it possible for UNC to overtake for the south, but think Duke may be able to

I think any of the 3 could get the 1 in the south. I feel like Virginia has the east locked up. At least they should. I think if Carolina beats duke, Virginia beats UNC and Kentucky wins the sec tourney Kentucky should get the south 1.

If Kentucky wins the sec tourney we’re either the south 1 or the Midwest 1. I’m fine with either tbh.

Ofcourse any of the three that lose before their conference finals all bets are off and have no reason to complain. They all have black eyes on their resume.

If UNC wins then they might get the south. If both Duke and UK win, UK gets the south.... IMO

All the UK fans who want a #1 Seed in the South need to cheer for either Duke or UNC to lose or preferably both to lose tonight

tumblr_inline_n1f2odfOB01rtkdfl.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT