ADVERTISEMENT

I'm curious what the Top 25 will look like tomorrow. Do they not move everyone down or will teams slightly outside the top 10 slide into the top. Auburn, Wisconsin, Memphis and Duke all into the top 10 possibly?

Top 10 goes 9-10 this week with 9 of the 10 losses to unranked teams. It‘s hilarious when fans of good teams lose their shit when they lose a game they “weren’t supposed to”.

giphy.gif

Life on the road in big boy conferences, is freaking hard.

Ask Houston how big of a difference it is. If they were still in their mid major conference, they would be undefeated and #1 in the country and everyone would be saying they were the best team. They lost twice this week and to lower level B12 teams at that.

Ask Houston how big of a difference it is. If they were still in their mid major conference, they would be undefeated and #1 in the country and everyone would be saying they were the best team. They lost twice this week and to lower level B12 teams at that.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed, Houston has been so overrated for the last many years. Sampson's a good coach but they are going to get waken up in the B12

Reactions: kyjeff1

Yeah, playing on the road is just brutal. Any road win should be celebrated.

I really like Auburn. I think the SEC is absolutely loaded. UK, UT, and Auburn are all top level teams and there are a bunch of other really good ones in the league as well.
Miss and Miss State....Bama can be a problem. So could Florida. Arkansas can beat anyone. Missouri, tbh is no slouch. Georgia shat the bed last 4 minutes vs UT----but still, solid.

Form Top to bottom, SEC is a stout as anyone

Miss and Miss State....Bama can be a problem. So could Florida. Arkansas can beat anyone. Missouri, tbh is no slouch. Georgia shat the bed last 4 minutes vs UT----but still, solid.

Form Top to bottom, SEC is a stout as anyone
I still think the Big 12 is better top to bottom and their games have been mostly really close. That said, I’ve really enjoyed watching some of the SEC games and it does have a lot of solid teams.

Tell me about it. The ACC is brutal. Winking

Reactions: Scotty00
I really like Auburn. I think the SEC is absolutely loaded. UK, UT, and Auburn are all top level teams and there are a bunch of other really good ones in the league as well.
I think Alabama is in that group too. They won a heck of a tough game last night at Mississippi State.

Well, aside from the 2 top dogs, Wake, NCST and GT are tough road games.
The ACC is certainly down, but life on the road is still not easy.
Life on the road in any P5 conferece, or conference for that matter, is just tough. Teams know one another so well. Know your tendencies, etc...Add in the crowds, and its just tough. Any win on the road should be savored.

I still think the Big 12 is better top to bottom and their games have been mostly really close. That said, I’ve really enjoyed watching some of the SEC games and it does have a lot of solid teams.
Yeah, no doubt. The bottom feeders in the SEC arent as strong as those in the BIG12, but I would put the SEC's top 4 right with the BIG12's top 4.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I think Alabama is in that group too. They won a heck of a tough game last night at Mississippi State.

Maybe so, but they needed to win at least one of those tough OOC games to be with that group IMO. Tough to be fair, they also played a much tougher schedule than Auburn so they could certainly be every bit as good as them.

I still think Kentucky is the best team in the SEC. They have as much potential as anyone in the country IMO.

Maybe so, but they needed to win at least one of those tough OOC games to be with that group IMO. Tough to be fair, they also played a much tougher schedule than Auburn so they could certainly be every bit as good as them.

I still think Kentucky is the best team in the SEC. They have as much potential as anyone in the country IMO.
Idk, I think Auburn is the best team. UK has more upside, but I think too much damage will be done by the time it blossoms.

Big 12 has 8 in the top 25. Sheesh. Good luck trying to string 2 or 3 wins in a row in that conference.

3. Kansas
5. Houston
9. Baylor
15. Oklahoma
19. TCU
20. BYU
24. Iowa State
25. Texas Tech

Not sure that BYU is a legit top 25 team, but the rest seem pretty legit (don't think I'd have Baylor in the top 10 though). Plenty of good coaches and programs in the Big 12 right now.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Big 12 has 8 in the top 25. Sheesh. Good luck trying to string 2 or 3 wins in a row in that conference.

3. Kansas
5. Houston
9. Baylor
15. Oklahoma
19. TCU
20. BYU
24. Iowa State
25. Texas Tech
I think the B12 is loaded but I also saw today where the Big 12 averaged almost 8 Q4 opponents in the non-con, and that was 2 higher than any other conference. Some Charmin soft non-conference schedules.

Idk, I think Auburn is the best team. UK has more upside, but I think too much damage will be done by the time it blossoms.
No doubt Auburn has looked good so far. They blew out Arkansas on the road, then took care of business at home against TAMU and LSU.

I was watching some of Auburn's game against TAMU where TAMU only scored 55 points. My goodness, TAMU missed open 3 after open 3 after open 3...granted UKs defense is subpar at the moment, but I wish TAMU would have missed their open 3s against the Cats.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Auburn is very TBD. They have still yet to beat a quad 1 team and it's mid-January.

I think the B12 is loaded but I also saw today where the Big 12 averaged almost 8 Q4 opponents in the non-con, and that was 2 higher than any other conference. Some Charmin soft non-conference schedules.

That's fair. Though, the 8 teams ranked are a combined 21-11 against other P6 schools.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
No doubt Auburn has looked good so far. They blew out Arkansas on the road, then took care of business at home against TAMU and LSU.

I was watching some of Auburn's game against TAMU where TAMU only scored 55 points. My goodness, TAMU missed open 3 after open 3 after open 3...granted UKs defense is subpar at the moment, but I wish TAMU would have missed their open 3s against the Cats.
Yup, I watched that aTm vs Auburn game too. The Aggies missed a ton of wide open shots in that game, they hit a lot more against UK.

I get that sometimes teams go bonkers, but you can't let a 55ppg team to get 90 on you in regulation.

Auburn plays with more fire and energy and they switch things up on defense. They look better to me.

But, maybe UK can hide their deficiencies enough to keep pace for now and give themselves a chance to win it in the end.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
We saw last year what Q1 games meant. Which was didly squat. Q2 games were lumped together with them to help support their argument for seeding. Teams that played tough schedules weren’t rewarded and teams with soft schedules were due to racking up wins.

Reactions: jwardelt
Here's the difference in quad games, among league competition, between Duke and TCU. I picked TCU from the Big 12 because they're the 8th highest ranked team in the conference, which puts them right in the middle.

25% of Duke's ACC Games are Q1, meanwhile TCU has Q1 contest 66% of the time. Quite the disparity.

Duke
Q1: 5
Q2: 7
Q3: 6
Q4: 1

TCU
Q1: 12
Q2: 2
Q3: 3
Q4: 1

What's funny is that you're even here flapping your gums, BLOCKHEAD. U6 sucks on so many levels... you must be a glutton for punishment. (I'll save you your trip to grab a dictionary. 'Glutton' means you just can't get enough.)
We’ve been down for 4 years and yet y’all have 1 more tournament win than us during that period……😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
What's funny is that you're even here flapping your gums, BLOCKHEAD. U6 sucks on so many levels... you must be a glutton for punishment. (I'll save you your trip to grab a dictionary. 'Glutton' means you just can't get enough.)

They suck? They're a top 10 program of all time. You wouldn't be timeframing would you?

ADVERTISEMENT